Week 1 Talawanda at Monroe

Hornet21

With Alex Pitsch taking over at QB and Elijah Jackson and Ryan Miles in the backfield how does everyone think Monroe matches up vs Talawanda who has a new coaching staff after Larry Cox left to Franklin. Talawanda has a pretty decent RB I hear. Should be a fun game to watch to see how Monroe’s DL matches up and see if Monroe’s big OL can create separation and help give him another 1200 yard season.

If Monroe can get Jackson and Miles slicing thru Talawanda’s defense early we should be ok. But Mullins and Co must be alert if we shut the Brave’s RB down they will start passing the ball if they have any hope against us if Talawanda has any passing game at all? I hope Pitsch doesn’t make any bad mistakes being a first time starting QB. I think Monroe will stick to their running game and wear TB out and maybe a few screen passes here and there to confuse em. Prediction 21-17. I think it will be a close game and Jackson starts out with a 100 yard plus showing.

Talawanda sucked bad. Monroe just shoved their guys off the line. Jackson had a big night and Pitsch did really well. If they can clean up the penalties they should do good next week if they can stop Ross running game.

RB from talawanda last year is now the QB. Might have been the most talented guy on the field but outside of him they were bad. Very thin with several guys going out during the game. Monroe looked much better than what I saw against Badin. Jackson didn't play in the badin scrimmage but turnovers hurt them more that day than anything else. Jackson had to be pushing 200 yds last night.

Talawanda sucked bad. Our offensive line blew them off the ball all night. Hope this showing carries over next week. Jackson is the best RB we’ve had in a long time. Smart good vision can hit the holes but needs to hold on to the football.