Week 1. Canfield @ West Branch

Deveon smith was pretty damn good that’s why lol
I think they may be losing players to Harding and other schools now.
If so, that's probably ONE of their problems. They've been mediocre for quite some time now.
Soccer, girls basketball and band is about it at Howland. Occasionally boys basketball.

There are 6 schools who should be on each other's football schedule every year
Dover, NP, Louisville, Canfield, Boardman, Howland
I agree except with Howland. With all due respect they don’t belong with that list currently (they did at one time). IMHO - Year in and year out I think Boardman has more talent than any of these teams, but coaching, scheme, and seem to be snakebitten year after year, they underperform. Add to that, thier schedule is much tougher than the other schools.

I agree except with Howland. With all due respect they don’t belong with that list currently (they did at one time). IMHO - Year in and year out I think Boardman has more talent than any of these teams, but coaching, scheme, and seem to be snakebitten year after year, they underperform. Add to that, thier schedule is much tougher than the other schools
Boardman is always tough but in the last 7 years it is hard to find a local team that has had the stretch that canfield has.

Maybe I should post a thread every week for the Wildcats and be sure to mention how they are destined to lose in the 1st round of the playoffs haha
No 4 wins team makes the playoffs. If lucky, maybe 5 wins for this season, and maybe a 16th seed playoff. But I doubt it.
Canfield 28
West Branch 21

West Branch and Canfield have had some memorable matchups. Especially for those of us that who were fortunate enough to be around for them. Canfield has always brought out the best in West Branch. Going off of my fading memory, 76 WB topped a very highly ranked Cardinal team. I believe the Warriors handed them their only regular season loss in ‘96 also . I think 2000 was another surprising outcome due to Matt Rycraft . West Branch has taken a 22-9 lead on the series but granted haven’t played much in the recent era when Canfield would have definitely had the upper hand. Canfield has turned into one of the premier programs in the area. West Branch is trying to keep the momentum after some down years. Nothing but respect for the Cardinals. Would have loved to see them play last year , think it would have been an awesome game . Canfield looks to have the upper hand this year, but as we’ve seen in the past with this series, you never know.

West Branch and Canfield have had some memorable matchups. Especially for those of us that who were fortunate enough to be around for them. Canfield has always brought out the best in West Branch. Going off of my fading memory, 76 WB topped a very highly ranked Cardinal team. I believe the Warriors handed them their only regular season loss in ‘96 also . I think 2000 was another surprising outcome due to Matt Rycraft . West Branch has taken a 22-9 lead on the series but granted haven’t played much in the recent era when Canfield would have definitely had the upper hand. Canfield has turned into one of the premier programs in the area. West Branch is trying to keep the momentum after some down years. Nothing but respect for the Cardinals. Would have loved to see them play last year , think it would have been an awesome game . Canfield looks to have the upper hand this year, but as we’ve seen in the past with this series, you never know.
Thanks for the great write up on the history of the series.
I was at the 96 and 00 meetings as well as the 2002 and 2003 which was the last game in the series.

1 day away! Canfield needs to use the same game plan they used to Beat Fitch last year. Control the clock and keep The West Branch Offense off the field. Go Cards

First post on here but have been browsing this forum for a while. Am a Canfield grad & have been attending games regularly since about 2016. Canfield lost a lot of defensive production, probably about 70%, couple of all state players in front 7. That being said they do return a steady amount of talent (including 4 returning OL) along with a great coaching staff to develop younger guys. Love Pavlansky. Lowry will be able to take over any game he wants to, just needs to find a playmaker to be his go to after losing his top 5 targets from last year. Canfield 38-21.

First post on here but have been browsing this forum for a while. Am a Canfield grad & have been attending games regularly since about 2016. Canfield lost a lot of defensive production, probably about 70%, couple of all state players in front 7. That being said they do return a steady amount of talent (including 4 returning OL) along with a great coaching staff to develop younger guys. Love Pavlansky. Lowry will be able to take over any game he wants to, just needs to find a playmaker to be his go to after losing his top 5 targets from last year. Canfield 38-21.
I agree I’ll go with 42-21

I would like this match up better later in the year. I think WB has to get some live game experience and will get better as the year goes om although they are not slouch. I think Canfield may be too much for them in game 1 and I agree with the 38-21 or something like that. But kudos to WB for improving their schedule, it will only help them..

I would like this match up better later in the year. I think WB has to get some live game experience and will get better as the year goes om although they are not slouch. I think Canfield may be too much for them in game 1 and I agree with the 38-21 or something like that. But kudos to WB for improving their schedule, it will only help them..
I think it would be a better game later in the year but it also may work in WB favor that it’s Week 1. The team that’s more disciplined in the first game of the year has a much higher chance to win. Week 1 you’ll see sloppy mistakes (pre snap penalties, not in game shape for a high paced offense like WB)

I think it would be a better game later in the year but it also may work in WB favor that it’s Week 1. The team that’s more disciplined in the first game of the year has a much higher chance to win. Week 1 you’ll see sloppy mistakes (pre snap penalties, not in game shape for a high paced offense like WB)
It should be an entertaining game. Deshields is really good and I read that he ran track instead of baseball and really improved his speed. Wb also returns a lot of very big linemen. I still will pick Canfield

Apparently you are unaware that Canfield only made 1 FG last year and only attempted 2 I think. Lately Pav has prefered to go for it on 4th down in plus territory, unless it was like 4th and longer than 10-12 yards or so. I think he mainly just kicks FGs at the end of the half or end of the game if trailing by 3 or less.

Apparently you are unaware that Canfield only made 1 FG last year and only attempted 2 I think. Lately Pav has prefered to go for it on 4th down in plus territory, unless it was like 4th and longer than 10-12 yards or so. I think he mainly just kicks FGs at the end of the half or end of the game if trailing by 3 or less.
I live in Stark County and follow the EBC and schools in this area so I don't know a whole lot about Canfield other than they have a great program.

Canfield had to punt on their 1st possession after committing a bunch of stupid penalties.

How much defense did Canfield lose? thought they returned a ton. Two of the best Qbs in the area going at it. Gotta love it.

How much defense did Canfield lose? thought they returned a ton. Two of the best Qbs in the area going at it. Gotta love it.
Canfield only returned 1 DB, everyone else in the mix has not played at all at the varsity level, they mainly returned a few linemen and one LB who moved from OLB to ILB

Canfield Cardinals 21 West Branch Warriors 19 at half after a crazy turn of events. It was briefly Canfield 17 WB 19 at half before Canfield elected to take the points off the board after a roughing the kicker penalty