Week 1: Brookfield @ Norwayne

Who wins

• Brookfield

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Norwayne

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

OhioGuy4

Little bit later in the week, but thought I'd still make the thread. Brookfield and Norwayne have only met twice both in the playoffs in back to back years with Norwayne winning in the first round 42-7 in route to a state championship in 2011 and in the Regional Finals 49-28 in 2012. Brookfield lost a lot and is young overall but returns a solid group of skills especially at the RB position. Do not know much about this current Norwayne team, but it should be a good week 1 matchup overall

Norwayne is young from what I have heard. I dont know much about them but I know they have a HOSS of a running back. I know it doesnt translate but he's probably the best track and field thrower (discus + Shotput) in Ohio regardless of division. I have heard the new QB has a heck of an arm and can make plays but the WR's this year are all inexperienced. Unless Norwayne has changed something with their defense this year i see another year of bend and then break defense. Lots of big plays given up and no real adjustments.

I see this game going 35-21 Norwayne. The Bobcats have no issues scoring but I still worry about them defensively as I have the last 3 seasons. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Norwayne is young from what I have heard. I dont know much about them but I know they have a HOSS of a running back. I know it doesnt translate but he's probably the best track and field thrower (discus + Shotput) in Ohio regardless of division. I have heard the new QB has a heck of an arm and can make plays but the WR's this year are all inexperienced. Unless Norwayne has changed something with their defense this year i see another year of bend and then break defense. Lots of big plays given up and no real adjustments.

I see this game going 35-21 Norwayne. The Bobcats have no issues scoring but I still worry about them defensively as I have the last 3 seasons. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Don't forget about Lucas Dudte. From the Daily Record article this year.

Lucas Dudte, Norwayne, sr.
Dudte emerged as a major contributor in the passing game in 2022, catching 25 balls for 445 yards and five scores on a team with many different options offensively. However, Dudte is Norwayne's only returning receiver with significant varsity experience, which means the ball could be in his hands a lot more often in 2023.

Norwayne only returned 2 skill players from last year in their one wide receiver and their runningback . Qb and all the other wrs are first year starters . I think it’s really early to gauge . Norwayne should have alot more competition the next two weeks . But man . Brookfields defense needs alot of work .

Growing pains for sure for Brookfield. Completely new offense and a lot of young guys starting on defense. Brookfield plays a tough non-conference schedule for sure (Norwayne, Springfield Local and Valley Christian), but the league is still not very good. With this young group it was always about competing for the conference and getting back into the playoffs and both of those are still alive