WCAL Football 2023

Who will win the WCAL

• Total voters
Have Dalton as a CLEAR favorite. Most returning talent with best coach is an easy equation.

That said, the 3 guys that were constantly making defensive plays against Kirtland were Q Lehman, Johnson & Stutz. They will be sorely missed in week 1 & beyond.
Agree here - Dalton loses 4 starters - 2 on offense, 4 on D. But they return a ton of talent. The D will likely take a small step back early in year, but the O should be even more explosive. Dawgs have multiple good wideouts to go with Siders/Tomlinson running it (and a Qb that can get it to them). I expect them to be more balanced offensively and score a lot. They will be the favorite, with another chance at a deep playoff run.

Norwayne will challenge again - too many losses to win it imo, but they should be a great power running team and good defensively as usual.

The challengers should be Smithville and Hillsdale. Huskies will struggle, same for the chipps and Indians. Waynedale has some good wideouts, but not enough else I don’t think

Dalton JV Qb transferred to Garaway (is going to be a jr). I would guess he didn’t think he was going to get to play Qb with Pearson there. 🤷‍♂️

Hmm....I actually think the new school boards first action was to try to wrongfully fire Corey Kaufman and almost take a lawsuit over it...so I'd pump the breaks on the "things are a changin" talk...

But I do really hope the Smithies take another step forward!
Well the Board investigated and he kept his job. The problem was that a coach cannot put his hands on a student athlete in anger. Kaufman kept job because it was the student that started the altercation, but Kaufman was reprimanded and got some anger management counciling.

Any coaching changes in the league this year? I thought I read where Chippewa’s coach stepped down to be the AD, but are there any others?

Everyone knows that Dalton & Norwayne will be decent. I'm thinking Smithville & Hillsdale will be good and will surprise everyone. Smithvilles defense is top of the line. Getting a healthy Copenhaver should help them tremendously. If their offense/Qb was a little bit better & they stay healthy they could win the league. Coach Cline at Hillsdale is one of the best coaches around. He'll have them reloaded & ready by week 4. Siggy & Morlock will have Norwayne winning too. Should be a fun year.

Big Ed do you have any info on who is getting hired at Chippewa?

Everyone knows that Dalton & Norwayne will be decent. I'm thinking Smithville & Hillsdale will be good and will surprise everyone. Smithvilles defense is top of the line. Getting a healthy Copenhaver should help them tremendously. If their offense/Qb was a little bit better & they stay healthy they could win the league. Coach Cline at Hillsdale is one of the best coaches around. He'll have them reloaded & ready by week 4. Siggy & Morlock will have Norwayne winning too. Should be a fun year.

Big Ed do you have any info on who is getting hired at Chippewa?
How is siggy as a qb?

Kraus Pizza has new owners and is hitting the free agency market for new ingredients and equipment. Nothing but great days are ahead.
Kraus’ Pizza in Dalton has been, hands down, the worst pizza joint I’ve ever done business with. They were oftentimes downright mean and sarcastic on the phone, had an extremely limited menu, weird operating hours, and were priced into the stratosphere. The fact that I order from Dominos 10/10 times when the family wants pizza, because it’s by far the better option, is all that needs said.

I worked for Sisters in ‘94. That was top tier. Didn’t they get the recipe from whatever pizza place was in that building before them? It was so long ago, I can’t remember the name…

Kraus’ Pizza in Dalton has been, hands down, the worst pizza joint I’ve ever done business with. They were oftentimes downright mean and sarcastic on the phone, had an extremely limited menu, weird operating hours, and were priced into the stratosphere. The fact that I order from Dominos 10/10 times when the family wants pizza, because it’s by far the better option, is all that needs said.

I worked for Sisters in ‘94. That was top tier. Didn’t they get the recipe from whatever pizza place was in that building before them? It was so long ago, I can’t remember the name…
Pizza Parlor 3 or something like that.

PIZZA PARLOR! That’s it. We used to get that when I was a kid. Sisters was pretty much the same. Those were the Dalton pizza glory days.
Pizza Parlor #3 was in my family's pizza place "rotation" especially for NFL Sundays. My father loved it. This was in the 80s and early 90s. I remember slinging that pizza down after a run in the Dalton Holidays Festival 10K way, way back.

PIZZA PARLOR! That’s it. We used to get that when I was a kid. Sisters was pretty much the same. Those were the Dalton pizza glory days.
DUDE! I know we've banged heads on this site a few times, but Dalton's Pizza Parlor . . . WOW. That was the pie was a like Bruce Springsteen, John Mellencamp & Led Zepplin songs came to life and opened a pizza joint. You're about to put me in nostalgia overload.

Also, there's still a "Pizza Parlor" in Killbuck. Supposedly born of the same stuff that the Dalton & Shreve & Rittman ones used to be. Had it a LONG time ago. Would love to go back, but, well, it's in Killbuck. (Note - if you've ever driven in the vicinity of Killbuck after dark you realize quickly that it might be the most aptly named village in the history of the western world.)

Also, there's still a "Pizza Parlor" in Killbuck. Supposedly born of the same stuff that the Dalton & Shreve & Rittman ones used to be. Had it a LONG time ago. Would love to go back, but, well, it's in Killbuck. (Note - if you've ever driven in the vicinity of Killbuck after dark you realize quickly that it might be the most aptly named village in the history of the western world.)
Don’t tease me. I’ve been craving that style of pizza for a while. Might be worth the drive to scratch the nostalgia itch.

Really quite disgusted by everyone's lack of pizza choices....just come to Canal Fulton - we probably have 6 or 7 pizza options....it's honestly quite ridiculous lol

Shreve Pizza Parlor... nothing beats the 4 middle pieces! And if you get stuck with the end pieces, sorry about your luck. How about try being more selfish next time. IYKYK
1. Not sure how I didn't realize Shreve still had a Parlor!

2. That was one of the most effective ways to evaluate a gal. If she liked the crust and left all the middles for me - "this relationship has potential!" If she grabbed a middle piece first..."As soon as I'm done eating it's time to fake being sick to get out here!"

Really quite disgusted by everyone's lack of pizza choices....just come to Canal Fulton - we probably have 6 or 7 pizza options....it's honestly quite ridiculous lol
Have you been to Dalton lol. It’s the worst pizza company ever, or Dominos. Nothing in Orrville delivers to 44618 for some reason.

Having said that, haven’t found a pizza anywhere that beats Marie’s in Wadsworth. The Italian sausage pizza there is the best I’ve ever had.

Have you been to Dalton lol. It’s the worst pizza company ever, or Dominos. Nothing in Orrville delivers to 44618 for some reason.

Having said that, haven’t found a pizza anywhere that beats Marie’s in Wadsworth. The Italian sausage pizza there is the best I’ve ever had.
Marie's is definitely up there.....

My top 3....

1. Park Street Pizza - Garaway
2. Maries - Wadsworth
3. Angies - Barberton

Honorable mention
Don Brands - Canal Fulton
Mellow Mushroom - Pigeon Forge, TN and Hilton Head, SC

DUDE! I know we've banged heads on this site a few times, but Dalton's Pizza Parlor . . . WOW. That was the pie was a like Bruce Springsteen, John Mellencamp & Led Zepplin songs came to life and opened a pizza joint. You're about to put me in nostalgia overload.

There is one in Sugarcreek as well.