Wayne Regional Officials should be ashamed of themselves.

Supertramp

I just witnessed an athlete in the 1600m be disqualified for a false start for leaning forward too far on the start line.

I’ve seen the starter ask everyone to stand back up in every other instance of this happening. And at the Regional meet, it’s a DQ?

Year, after year, after year, these Wayne officials do an atrocious job managing this meet.

Last year it was re-runs and guns misfiring. Just last week, at the Mason district, the high jump opening height was 1.5 inches too high! At the district meet! And you had the nerve to throw a coach out of the meet for being upset about you not returning to the correct height!

I keep hearing that there’s a shortage of officials. I disagree; there are far too many of you. HS track and field in Ohio would be better off with parents and volunteers who cared about the sports and the kids running the meets. Regular season meets run just fine without you.

Last edited:

I just witnessed an athlete in the 1600m be disqualified for a false start for leaning forward too far on the start line.

I’ve seen the starter ask everyone to stand back up in literally every other instance of this happening. And at the Regional meet, it’s a DQ?

You grown men should be absolutly ashamed of yourselves, and it’s high time the OHSAA started holding you accountable for your atrocious abilities. Unfortunately, they don’t seem interested in listen to the coaches and athletes.

You are no longer competent or capable enough to officiate these meets.

Year, after year, after year, these Troy officials do an absolutely atrocious job managing this meet.

Last year it was re-runs and guns misfiring. Just last week, at the Mason district, it was the high jump opening height being 1.5 inches too high! At the district meet! And you had the nerve to throw a coach out of the meet for being upset about you not going back to the correct height!

Other years it’s ridiculous conduct between them and the coaches. And now this.

It’s time to retire gentlemen. You’re ruining the sport.

I keep hearing that there’s a shortage of officials. I disagree, there’s far too many of you. HS track and field in Ohio would be better off with parents and volunteers who actually cared about the sports and the kids.

OHSAA should be careful. A competent club organization will render your role in HS sports obsolete soon enough, like it has in other sports. Maybe that’s for the best at this rate.
Hmm...I think those of us old enough have all witnessed this. I've been there as a coach myself several times where I had to curtail my anger at incompetent officials that didn't understand the rules. I've also been there as an official where coaches have questioned my judgement. The only time I get really angry is when an official is unwilling to at least review whether something was wrong or not objectively.

Andy Wolf has a great story from his young days at Anderson in dealing with a certain official of notoriety from the 1970s-1990s. Sectional meet, 1975, discus ring at Norwood. Legendary confrontation.

I’ve seen the starter ask everyone to stand back up in every other instance of this happening. And at the Regional meet, it’s a DQ?

Year, after year, after year, these Wayne officials do an atrocious job managing this meet.

Last year it was re-runs and guns misfiring. Just last week, at the Mason district, the high jump opening height was 1.5 inches too high! At the district meet! And you had the nerve to throw a coach out of the meet for being upset about you not returning to the correct height!

I keep hearing that there’s a shortage of officials. I disagree; there are far too many of you. HS track and field in Ohio would be better off with parents and volunteers who cared about the sports and the kids running the meets. Regular season meets run just fine without you.
It didn't impact the results or qualifiers to state, but they also missed an obvious false start by Loveland's girls 4x400 team tonight.

Different regional but I noticed at Troy there were 20 officials watching the 100! 2.5 per athlete? Come on now.