Wayne Invite

Fervent

This meet should be incredible. There are 34 different teams signed up so far. I am sure not all are complete teams but WOW there are some powers!

Fernandez provides a nice preview on Milesplit.

If good weather, you may have a standing room only crowd on Friday night... Good luck finding a place to park with construction there but it will be worth a nice long walk from the surrounding neighborhoods...

What is everybody most looking forward to seeing???

I like the 4x4 on Friday - hopefully it will take place on Friday night and not Saturday morning. ;)

Milesplit says 41 teams WOW. The 4x1 should be interesting Wayne almost got Dunbar at Edwin Moses. 4x4 is always exciting to watch also anxious to see the 200.

Remember the new OHSAA rule...Furthest team must be home by midnight. :rolleyes:

The two day format has allowed this meet to both grow and be run more efficiently.

Last year the running was done before 9pm on Thursday and the throws were suspended at 930. (We've made some adjustments to speed up the throws, minimum marks and set time between flights). And that was with Fern running the camera on Thursday.

On Friday we were done a little after 830 if I remember correctly.

This year Finishtiming will be there both days which will help speed the meet along as well.

great meet in the making

I was here last year, and i have to say, the 2 day format was awesome. It was able to get the distance kids and distance teams to be able to double the kids.
Day one last year had some rain, but some good times too.

Day two was great weather, i remember the 1600 and 3200 races, i think the 3200 race was determined by a couple hundreths of a second, unreal.

I saw a meet preview on milesplit for the girls, with the boys coming later tonight. The girls preview was unbelieveable, Gause of Reynoldsburg in the dashes, Leiher in the distance, distance teams like Centerville, Mason, Alter, Springboro and ALter,.... wow....

I can't wait for the boys preview...

I hope coach fern doesn't have max run the meet!.... I was at Warrior Relays, and they ran that smooth, without finishtiming... Give Coach Fern credit, i don't know how someone can run a meet and still coach a team (both boys and girls) and still find ways to win the meet most of the time....

With that said, I think the Elks take the championship, i think it's loaded up for them to win, especially adding DMR, hammer.. wayne's achilles has always been the distance and it looks that way again (minus 4x800)....

thoughts

Ilovetrack not sure i am with you on the Elks wining. This is going to be a different story then the Elk relays. You now have the sprints which favor the Warriors over the Elks. The Hammer was an event that used to be a strong point but is now a very good Event for the Warriors. I think Peterson from Wayne wins both Hammer and Disc. The 4x100 might be the best race in the two day event.

Ilovetrack not sure i am with you on the Elks wining. This is going to be a different story then the Elk relays. You now have the sprints which favor the Warriors over the Elks. The Hammer was an event that used to be a strong point but is now a very good Event for the Warriors. I think Peterson from Wayne wins both Hammer and Disc. The 4x100 might be the best race in the two day event.

warrior-
fair enough... Their distance will beat wayne, including 4x8, you mention peterson (who's a beast btw) but elks have mcgowan, so either advantage elk or maybe push...

High jump, elks have 2 over 6, wayne has latimer 6-5, so advantage wayne
long jump/triple jump- wayne owns these two, no question, advantage wayne

Pole vault, probably split or maybe wayne has slight edge, shiverdecker is a stud..

Sprints, not so sure, Wayne has Peters and Richardson, Elks have Odibigno (sp?), and elks have beaten wayne in 4x2 and 4x4, give 4x1 to Wayne, advantage Elks

Hurdles, odignbo vs. red mohawk guy, i'd say advantage Red mohawk, he's looked good, especially at shuttles..

It looks close, but i think elks edge them, and since these two have gone head to head at elk and dayton relays, Centerville is 2-0 vs. Wayne... Wayne is at home and hardly loses there, perhaps that's thier edge...

your turn:D

Benny's not throwing at this meet as of right now - I left him the preview though just because he deserves to be in it

:dang: well then, i might have to change my prediction.... is he okay? or will he not be in town for a spring game or something football related?

if that's the case, then i have to agree with warrior, and say the Wayne team will be victorious once again....

are you allowed to say why he's not throwing?

Yeah -he will be going to the MSU spring game this weekend - he is going to throw all three events at Somerlot Field Event Classic on Tuesday so he is fine health wise.

Close call

Don't forget with this good of a field, only the elite athletes/relays get points so it could go either way. Trot wood and Thurgood and Dunbar will get a lot of the sprint points. Wayne's field points will be huge. Centerville needs top 3 finishes in the 4x8 and DMR but they will be tough to get with so many good distance schools. I'll take Wayne due to home field advantage and the red Mohawk guy!!

Perhaps one of the Columbus or Cincy schools will be right there with the two big dogs from Dayton.

Dunbar will not be at the meet. I agree with you that elite athletes/relays are going to get the points. And based on that I think this favors Wayne with the great depth that they have not only in the running events but in the field as well.

Dunbar will not be at the meet. I agree with you that elite athletes/relays are going to get the points. And based on that I think this favors Wayne with the great depth that they have not only in the running events but in the field as well.
I just got word that Dunbar will be in the meet but only on Thursday.....prom schedule prevent them from running on friday. I look for them to shake things up in the shuttles & 4x8.

Dunbar will be in the 4x800 the DMR and shuttles. I still think the Shuttles are Waynes to win. Dunbar could help Wayne out here and push Centerville down the rankings. I have Wayne at about 105 points and that should be enough to win the meet. What does eveyone else think .. Should be a very good meet with some fast times. Wayne's track does produce some very fast times.

Dunbar will be in the 4x800 the DMR and shuttles. I still think the Shuttles are Waynes to win. Dunbar could help Wayne out here and push Centerville down the rankings. I have Wayne at about 105 points and that should be enough to win the meet. What does eveyone else think .. Should be a very good meet with some fast times. Wayne's track does produce some very fast times.
I agree with your pick that Wayne will win the meet, but Dunbar will hurt there point total by cutting into there place in the shuttles....Wayne can't beat them in that event this year. Dunbar 4x8 if loaded will knock off a few teams they ran even with Centerville for the first 3 legs at the Dayton relays without ther best 800 meter guy. Also I think they will steal points from Wayne in the high jump and maybe the LJ. No matter what I too pick Wayne to win and believe this will be a great two days of track & feild. I hope the sprints races don't disappoint.

I hear what you are saying about Dunbar i just don't think on this stage that they will get the Warriors. I know Dunbar got them at the Warrior relays, but Wayne has imprved since this. Its going to be a show down for sure

HH Wayne

Just in case you didn't notice, beyond the Eastern Relays action...the WAYNE invite showcased the depth and quality of the Wayne team. They were solid nearly everywhere below the 1600. They scored well in almost every event from 800 down, often double scored or won. They appear to be the heavy favorite in the Region.

Correct me if I am wrong, as many often do.. ;-)

110s / Shuttles - 2 teams under 65, and 2 back to finals.
100 - one back to finals
200 - two back to finals
400 - solid, not great..yet.
800 - sub 2:00
SP / Disc - always good, one very good.
LJ - they have a 22 footer.
PV - Very good.
4x100 - have gone 42mid
4x200- have gone 1:30 or better.
4x400 - will go 3:22 when ready.
4x800 - can go 8:05 when ready.

This team is deep and good. Heads up. No super stars.. but just good all around.

What a great meet 14 meet records broken. A state record broken. Has to be one of the best ever. I had a good feeling that Wayne would win but did not think it would be by that much. Now the Warriors and Elk will go Head to head with no other teams Wed if you dont have any thing to do you should come out will be a good time

Wow

I see Beavercreek is at it again at the Wayne I nvite they get 1 point and finish dead last tied with Xenia in 34th place is there no pride at that school. If they took there sports more serious and competed like Centerville instead of hiring the good old boy network maybe they could pass a levy?

One thing I appreciate about the Wayne meet is the way the distance races are competed. My son is not fast enough for the "elite" 1600. He ran in the faster heat of the "rising stars" race. It is great for him to have a chance to run with so many runners with similar times. He had a big pr and so did his teammate.