Water Polo

Although this is a Swimming/Diving forum, there is no Water Polo forum. I'll post anyways. There are just 12 teams in the state of Ohio, who do you all think will go to state final four this year, how will they place. The Worthingtons won pretty handily last season, with Princeton the being most notabale team from the southern region. Let me know what you think. If you are in the incredibly overwhelming majority of people who don't care or don't know anything about water polo, please stay out. I don't want to sound like a ----, but please just stay out if you aren't going to improve the conversations.

yeah i hear they are making one of their big varsity tournaments a jv tourney. They're gonna have to be good if they are gonna hang with those big boys form michigan that they are bringing down for their varsity tournament.

how do the 12 water polo teams have matches?? is there like an invisible cantract that all 12 teams will play each other or are there seperate leagues?

just curious...

mupolo- yeh packer is still the coach at princeton, hopefully we'll be able to make it up to the st. francis tourney
bomber- there are two regions, north and south. ther teams play their regular season matchups against other teams in their region, but go to a ton of tournaments where they play the six teams from the other region as well as teams from other states, generally michigan.

they are definitely prime candidates, and would bolster the south regional so well. once those two schools hop on board, the popularity of water polo in cincinnati will soar out of control. its already taken hold of athletes in a lot of GMC schools.

the sport really doesn't seem like it would be fun to play or exciting to watch, but it is suprisingly untrue. it is an absolutely addicting sport and a fast paced game. the intensity of the crowds could be compared to that of a soccer game, depending on the school...the indoor pool atmosphere instenifies all the energy a lot though ;)

Just like the way the St. X Hockey team formed, the same thing needs to happen for water polo. A group of freshman decided a few years ago that they wanted to start a hockey team at St. X...and did. If that sort of thing happend for water polo, it will be just as popular as hockey is now.

Question for xbomber

How's your swim team looking for 2006-2007? My son swims for Georgetown Prep here in MD and was wondering if you guys ever go to the National Catholic Champs meet at Villanova in Feb? Is Mosko still there or has he graduated? Just curious:blush:

xbomberd08 said:
Just like the way the St. X Hockey team formed, the same thing needs to happen for water polo. A group of freshman decided a few years ago that they wanted to start a hockey team at St. X...and did. If that sort of thing happend for water polo, it will be just as popular as hockey is now.

exactly...st.x may have a pretty obvious advantage over many teams as well...i really hope to see that happen some time in the near future

I seriously doubt that X would go to that meet, because state is right around the corner in Feb, having said that...I talked to Sully (X's AD) about the chance of a water polo team, and he basically told me that it was possible, but we'd have to go to a different pool for practice because Keating is pretty much taken 24/7, and he said since the pool would be shallow/shallow they wouldn't be able play games there...but I thought my friends who play told me that its not that uncommon for a shallow/shallow pool.

WrongPerson said:
I seriously doubt that X would go to that meet, because state is right around the corner in Feb, having said that...I talked to Sully (X's AD) about the chance of a water polo team, and he basically told me that it was possible, but we'd have to go to a different pool for practice because Keating is pretty much taken 24/7, and he said since the pool would be shallow/shallow they wouldn't be able play games there...but I thought my friends who play told me that its not that uncommon for a shallow/shallow pool.

man you should try to take advantage of the oppurtunity, are there any pools you know of in the area that are at least deep/shallow??

the St X pool is used year round for swimming (when not used by the Bombers the Cincinnati Marlins occupy the pool) i doubt a polo team would be possible without practice off campus...

Coach Brower always asks me to join the swim team due to my brother swimming and my summer swimming results but have always decided not to because i find swimming up and down a pool boring. But on my summer swim team we play water polo every Friday and I have a blast. If X makes a water polo team, sign me up!

The St. X Swim Team is about more than just swimming. Having the opportunity to be around men such as Coach Brower, Coach Keefe and Coach Bean is once in a lifetime experience. I highly encourage you to reconsider. I know you won't regret it. p.s. watch out for Tom Barnes this year.

Hate to admit it, but bomb1 is right, swimming at X may be painful, and seemingly boring and tedious, but you get to know some really good classmates as well as your coaches...plus you get to swim real fast!

Don't count on Moeller starting a team anytime soon. There may be enough student interest, but the real problem lies in finding a coach and a faculty moderator. Also, having consistent student interest is key. Moeller at one time had a sailing team, but there wasn't enough student interest one year so the sport got yanked. Also, I believe last year was the last year for our boxing team because the faculty moderator and coach left the school.

hoban70 said:
How's your swim team looking for 2006-2007? My son swims for Georgetown Prep here in MD and was wondering if you guys ever go to the National Catholic Champs meet at Villanova in Feb? Is Mosko still there or has he graduated? Just curious:blush:

The swim team is looking great this year, with the strongest class of swimmers we've seen in years leading the team. Mosko is still swimming, he's part of the 2007 class and will be a key swimmer at state and in national power rankings.

I don't think we'll be at the National Catholic Champs meet because we never have gone which is probably because we've got sectionals, district, and state all in the month of February.

xbomberd08 said:
The swim team is looking great this year, with the strongest class of swimmers we've seen in years leading the team. Mosko is still swimming, he's part of the 2007 class and will be a key swimmer at state and in national power rankings.

I don't think we'll be at the National Catholic Champs meet because we never have gone which is probably because we've got sectionals, district, and state all in the month of February.

xbomber08 - The National Catholic Championships are the 27th-28th January, not in Feb. Sorry for the bad info. Here is the meet website:
http://www.besmarttinc.com/nc/2007ncpacket.doc You might want to forward it to X's coach. Good luck and "Burn Water"