Warren JFK Shuts Out Lincolnview 4-0 To Win D IV State Title

high school - the only sophomore obviously didn't play last year and the rest were freshmen.
So....you are saying only 4 players on the team ever played baseball before this season?
What he said. Only 4 of them ever played in a high school game before this season started. We only lose 1 senior, albeit a great one, so we should be stacked again next year.

The Eagles had one helluva year athletically.
State runners up in football
Elite 8 in basketball
State Champs in baseball
State Runner-up in the 100m.
Its been a fun year

Interesting to know the relationship between the 1st year head coach and the 1st year varsity players? Did he coach them in travel ball before coaching them at JFK?

Interesting to know the relationship between the 1st year head coach and the 1st year varsity players? Did he coach them in travel ball before coaching them at JFK?
It was all on the up and up.
Move along, there is nothing to see here.

It was all on the up and up.
Move along, there is nothing to see here.
uh, I mean, statewide D4 baseball this year was as wide open as it has ever been. Kennedy might not be the most impressive team to win that specific state title, but an argument could be made they were darkhorses that strung together one hell of a postseason. There were teams probably better than JFK was this year, but those teams got chopped early on in the tournament and Kennedy did what they had to do to win it all. And if you look at the four regions (13, 14, 15 and 16), the one that Kennedy came out of was probably the least-deep of the four. Not a slight against them or their accomplishment, kudos to them, but it would explain how a team like that managed to "beat the odds."

The first year varsity players have been in the school system for years. Many of them are second and third generation families.
so i heard out of the 11, 6 were freshman? i did not hear that 7 of them, 1st year of HS ball... thats amazing.. CONGRATS.... what a solid athletic program...

so i heard out of the 11, 6 were freshman? i did not hear that 7 of them, 1st year of HS ball... thats amazing.. CONGRATS.... what a solid athletic program...
No better all around athletic school in the state at the small school level.

uh, I mean, statewide D4 baseball this year was as wide open as it has ever been. Kennedy might not be the most impressive team to win that specific state title, but an argument could be made they were darkhorses that strung together one hell of a postseason. There were teams probably better than JFK was this year, but those teams got chopped early on in the tournament and Kennedy did what they had to do to win it all. And if you look at the four regions (13, 14, 15 and 16), the one that Kennedy came out of was probably the least-deep of the four. Not a slight against them or their accomplishment, kudos to them, but it would explain how a team like that managed to "beat the odds."

Their entire playoff run, they were never behind a single inning.

They were down 1-0 in the bottom of the 1st in the regional championship - when Cam Hollobaugh hit a 2 run home run to take the lead for good in the bottom half of the inning. This team was never ranked - but beat the #6 Fort Loramine (3-2) and Linconview (4-0) - and did it without a single player without being "all-state." Hollobaugh, Shrum, Hadley and DeSalvo had all state numbers, production and wins - but hey - there were other teams with better players - they just got sent home. It's fair to say this team was just ignored - until they beat you.

But D3 Rootstown (22-4 and regional finalist) and their ace Adam Beery (LHP Ohio U commit) saw this coming when Hollobaugh and JFK beat them 3-0.