Wapakoneta vs Bellbrooke

the_beezer

Tough game this week for Wapak after potentially losing their stud running back for a unknown time. Defense played lights out most of the game but had some lapses that allowed Willmington to make it a game. Moyer had some nice throws last week just needs to cut down on mistakes. Bellbrooke seems to have handled Celina and we had some issues hope home field advantage helps again this year

I'll be curious to hear if the Wapak RB will be playing or not. Knous got injured on a touchdown score when Wapak went up 21-0 on Wilmington in the third quarter. Regardless, Wapak's defense should keep them in this game. They're legit and limited the explosive Van Wert offense. Defense is the main reason for the offense's success by setting them up in good field position. On offense, Wapak has a 9th grade QB who seems to be settling in nicely, but makes the kind of mistakes you'd expect from an inexperienced kid. Wapak stereotypically rolls over the WBL competition with their slow ground and pound game, but run into trouble in the playoffs if they get down early or face a team that can match their strength in the trenches. That's my perspective as a WBL guy at least. I'd be curious to hear more about Bellbrook's team.

Bellbrook not Bellbrooke.
I think they can afford to buy another vowel.

BB, wing-t and decent defense against the run, while not totally sold on their passing defense. They have played solidly in their conference but ran into a stout Valley View in week 10 that halted them a bit. BB is well rounded, well coached but I think may not be the strongest at the QB position but again, they are Wing-T and have a good RB; however, playing from behind may not be their strong suit. BB is good but not a regional winner...yet.

I have not seen Wapok in several years but can only assume they are what I have seen in the past, big, aggressive and run based offense. They had a close game with Celina in Week 9 and in some early season contests....disregard Marion Local as they would compete with anyone in R12 and embarrass most. The Redskins are good and have earned their seeding.

Just based on the common opponent and it being recent, I will go with BB in a really close, slobber knocking game...if BB special teams dont take a dump like they did last week. BB 24- Wapak 21. If BB brings mistakes into the game then I will take the Skins 35-14 and the Eagle fans can fly home around 8:30.

How's that for being wishy-washy

Last edited:
Very good match-up. I do think Bellbrook will find out that playing in the WBL is a different situation than the SWBL. Both are great conferences but Wapak at home is tough to beat.
Wapak 28, Bellbrook 21

Bellbrook and Wapak are very similar football teams. Both would like to control the clock, play great defense, and are comfortable playing in close, low scoring games. I expect this game to play out in that fashion with the winner winning a close game. I'll go with:

Bellbrook 17
Wapak 14

Very good match-up. I do think Bellbrook will find out that playing in the WBL is a different situation than the SWBL. Both are great conferences but Wapak at home is tough to beat.
Wapak 28, Bellbrook 21
Don’t know much about the SWBL, what would you say the differences are?

Don’t know much about the SWBL, what would you say the differences are?
Both leagues are comparable in that they’re D3-5 schools. Bellbrook, Valley View, and Brookville are all good teams. Big difference is SWBL has 2 divisions, so everyone doesn’t play each other in a single season. Bellbrook played Celina last week, so this will be their second WBL matchup in a row.

Jace is a hell of a running back and would rather see him sit and heal 100% then be rushed back and hurt himself more.

Agree he is a pretty dam good RB and from a reliable source, he will be dressing and playing tonight
That’s interesting to hear. Heard from a source that he tore 2 ligaments in his knee. Thought my source might not be the closest to the situation and could just be something he heard at school.

That’s interesting to hear. Heard from a source that he tore 2 ligaments in his knee. Thought my source might not be the closest to the situation and could just be something he heard at schoool
No torn ligaments, unless I was told wrong but I doubt it

Wapak 28, Bellbrook 21
Bellbrook beat wapak 42-35 in regional semis last year
In case you weren’t aware

That’s interesting to hear. Heard from a source that he tore 2 ligaments in his knee. Thought my source might not be the closest to the situation and could just be something he heard at school.
He is starting per the radio broadcasters

Wapak 10-0 with 4:00 left in the 1st. Wind definitely helping Wapak’s kicker. All kickoffs have been touchbacks and he just hit a 51-yard FG. Wapak scored on a 40 yard touchdown pass on their first drive. Bellbrook has picked up one first down so far.

Wapak 10-0 with 4:00 left in the 1st. Wind definitely helping Wapak’s kicker. All kickoffs have been touchbacks and he just hit a 51-yard FG. Wapak scored on a 40 yard touchdown pass on their first drive. Bellbrook has picked up one first down so far.
Beach is a heck of a kicker.

Does travel make that big of a difference? Wapak barely def. Celina 3 weeks ago, Bellbrook def. Celina by 3 td's last week at Bellbrook than last night Wapak shuts out Bellbrook 29 - 0. What grade is the kicker in, also made a good tackle on the blocked FG.

Does travel make that big of a difference? Wapak barely def. Celina 3 weeks ago, Bellbrook def. Celina by 3 td's last week at Bellbrook than last night Wapak shuts out Bellbrook 29 - 0. What grade is the kicker in, also made a good tackle on the blocked FG.
Kicker is a Junior, he has a D1 leg! Wapak’s defense is going to give everyone trouble, even the best offenses - see Van Wert and MSML. Their offense really has to be clicking and not turn the ball over and they are a tough out.