Wadsworth sectionals

Just looked at this sectional. Wadsworth could actually win every weight class.
Close, but I'm with you in that they SHOULD have all 14 in the finals. I think they have 9 champs and 5 runner ups. Like the fact that sectionals are one day, but unless you go to a sectional like MP which also includes Brecksville there's very little drama, excitement, or intensity. Should have three sectionals and send 5 from each one to Hoover. Have some sort of criteria so as to not have a bye in a district bracket. Just my opinion.

Close, but I'm with you in that they SHOULD have all 14 in the finals. I think they have 9 champs and 5 runner ups. Like the fact that sectionals are one day, but unless you go to a sectional like MP which also includes Brecksville there's very little drama, excitement, or intensity. Should have three sectionals and send 5 from each one to Hoover. Have some sort of criteria so as to not have a bye in a district bracket.
3 sectionals ,5 from each.15 in a 16 man bracket?just stay with 4 for 4....to hard to get a sectional back after you lose it.

3 sectionals ,5 from each.15 in a 16 man bracket?just stay with 4 for 4....to hard to get a sectional back after you lose it.
When a wrestler qualifies to a Div 1 district, he/she should be more than just a hair better than somebody named Bye. Just sayin'
Sectionals need more excitement/intensity.

Not sure if anyone on this board ever went to the old Garfield Hts. Sectional back in the 90's and early 20's. That was a blood bath. Don't believe there are any sectionals like that was nowadays.

Not sure if anyone on this board ever went to the old Garfield Hts. Sectional back in the 90's and early 20's. That was a blood bath. Don't believe there are any sectionals like that was nowadays.
Of course there aren't going to be. The super-draft and pods assure that there is some modicum of balance across the sites.
There are only 38 schools for 4 sectionals in NE OH D1 district at Hoover (4/7 sectionals). Keep in mind, NE OH D1 should only be at six sectionals, instead of seven; however, Central Ohio chose to not take an extra sectional, since that sectional would have been shipped to a mixed district (Perrysburg).

Looking at where Wadsworth would range from not favored to win to having a challenge.

106 - Luke Green (Aurora) beat Blake Franz for 3rd at the SLT
113 - Johnny Green (Aurora) won the SLT, while Mellon was 3rd
138 - Kyle Bizjak (Aurora) placed higher than the Wadsworth starter (who at the time was the older Jardine)
165 - A.J. Dolph (Hoover) is a returning state qualifier, unless he drops into 157, which would then put him second to Earnest
215 - Teddy Gregory (Stow) will be the favorite, SLT runner-up to Vanadia and pinned Blackburn in the pool stage; Cody Fair (Massillon) will also be a contender, though he lost to Blackburn at North Canton despite out-placing him there.