W.O.A.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did Shrout have tonight?
8 or 10 from the field. Had some nice shots, kid can play ball, no doubt. Got his bulk at the line. Wasn't nearly the player as advertised, looked like a solid player when playing against his contemporaries, he's not a world beater under pressure. He's young, if he can keep his head about him he could develop well.

Refs didn't play nearly the roll some want to lead on either. They let them play 1st half and reigned it back in 2nd half. Should have been A LOT of technicals during that game. The way PS came out at the beginning was embarrassing. The PS coaches made no attempt to "fist bump" during team introductions, players in cutoff t-shirts during pregame and a technical within the first few minutes of the game.

As for the transfer talk, it's all ignorant. Open enrollment is open enrollment, same regulations and rules apply for any district allowing open enrollees. The MINORS that some folks are trying to slander names of are clearly there under the correct circumstances or they would be ineligible by OHSAA standards. Also I'm pretty sure those students went to TV well before high school.

Regardless, the athletic run TV is having this year has been impressive in the first year of the league. The football argument will never die, however, I think anyone who saw teams play can agree, week 2 was not either team in the end of the season, would have been fun to play later in the year. It's exciting for the WOAC to have a program in all athletic seasons like PS dropping down from the SWBL.

I don't know how this could surprise anyone. Preble has several 8-12 point wins the last few weeks with Shrout being all-world while Tri-Village has been hammering anyone and everyone.

I still think Shrout is the best player in this league and probably the most talented D3/D4 player in this area, but Tri-Village has accumulated an overwhelming amount of talent with this group.
Agreed. If you combined the two teams into one you would have 3 or 4 starters on that team from TV . I am not surprised in the least by a 28 point win. Seemed about right to me. That however changes nothing in my opinion of individual players.

The fact a team loaded like Tri Village is, lost to a D4 opponet is what interests me . Team wise, no one in the WOAC, Three Rivers or SCAL should be coming close to them from a talent perspective. However, there are numerous teams with coaches who will be able to scheme well enough to give TV a competitive game. Competitive probably still means a >10 point loss, but in an off shooting night by TV, may snatch a win.

I don’t need to hide behind a different name-this is my first post ever on this forum. If anyone truly has a problem with me or advise for my son, give me a call, I’d gladly talk to you.
If you know me at all, I wouldn’t bash anyones kid on this forum or anywhere else. My son puts a lot of time and energy into the game and we can respect anyone else who does the same, TV does!
For the record-I was the first to congratulate the TV players that I know-they played a heck of a game.
And…this will be my last post!

Last edited:
Refs made bad calls against both both teams. I don’t think Shawnee had a chance coming in to the game. Shrout is definitely overrated
I’m positive that Shrouts goals are a lot bigger than just beating TV his sophomore year. Adversity builds character-he will grow from it. But the real question here is why does it bother a grown man that “Shrout is overrated”? Might need to spend some time evaluating that! Even if your child is one of the other kids in the running for POY or whatever-does one kids success take away from another’s?

I don’t need to hide behind a different name-this is my first post ever on this forum. If anyone truly has a problem with me or advise for my son, give me a call, I’d gladly talk to you.
If you know me at all, I wouldn’t bash anyones kid on this forum or anywhere else. My son puts a lot of time and energy into the game and we can respect anyone else who does the same, TV does!
For the record-I was the first to congratulate the TV players that I know-they played a heck of a game.
And…this will be my last post!
Drops the ?

I’m positive that Shrouts goals are a lot bigger than just beating TV his sophomore year. Adversity builds character-he will grow from it. But the real question here is why does it bother a grown man that “Shrout is overrated”? Might need to spend some time evaluating that! Even if your child is one of the other kids in the running for POY or whatever-does one kids success take away from another’s?
Literally triple teamed him when he had the ball but he’s overrated ?‍♂️

Last edited:
Shrout is not overrated! He is a legit D1 player and has shown that all season. He is a lot of fun to watch and will continue to get better.

Just a random question... has anyone scored 22 points on TV this season? TV has size and athleticism and you knew they were going to put a ton of focus on stopping Shrout. There's no reason for anyone to call him overrated. If anything, this makes me look forward to future match ups as I expect Shrout to keep getting better and I expect TV to be more beatable after this years class graduates. They will still be good, but I don't believe they will be as dominant.

Just a random question... has anyone scored 22 points on TV this season? TV has size and athleticism and you knew they were going to put a ton of focus on stopping Shrout. There's no reason for anyone to call him overrated. If anything, this makes me look forward to future match ups as I expect Shrout to keep getting better and I expect TV to be more beatable after this years class graduates. They will still be good, but I don't believe they will be as dominant.
Bradford sophmore had 21 on them but they won by 50 so it didn’t matter.

TV wins big in the WOAC championship. Shrout was nowhere to be found for most of the game.
Refs made bad calls against both both teams. I don’t think Shawnee had a chance coming in to the game. Shrout is definitely overrated
If he’s so “overrated” why waste the time making multiple posts bashing a sophomore? The kid was double and triple teamed all night and still dropped 20+ on tough and contested shots. Stop it with all the hostility and anger towards a 16 year old boy. Stop being such a little angry keyboard warrior and be happy TV has been able to build and create a talented team that has a real shot at state.

Not a good night for big and little arrow. Shrout only had 8 points from the field the rest came from crying and flopping in garbage time but It’s obvious he gets that from his father. But as for the best player in the woac he scored 28 and his supporting cast all came through offensively and defensively.
Another upset father, that apparently used to get his ankles broken by Jason, now has to sit behind a computer and hidden identity to trash a 16 year old because he could only drop 22 while being double and triple teamed. TV’s terrible sportsmanship appears to be generational. The only difference is this generation has talent…

Finally, a yappi thread worthy of past wars. I am here for all the PS vs TV smoke. TV is very good,Shroud is a legit stud sophmore. Any other takes are by morons. TV is dubious in many aspects off the field and sportsmanship wise. But they win.

Finally, a yappi thread worthy of past wars. I am here for all the PS vs TV smoke. TV is very good,Shroud is a legit stud sophmore. Any other takes are by morons. TV is dubious in many aspects off the field and sportsmanship wise. But they win.
TV vs PS smoke?? All I see are TV dads attacking and insulting a 16 year old because he “didn’t perform“ and is “overrated” while being triple teamed the majority of a game.
BIGpatriot and BIGfootballguy have to demean and belittle a talented sophomore just to make themselves feel better about their own sons talent. They’re jealous and envy Mason because he’s better than what they used to be and what their sons are now. Why else trash on him when they could boast about their own sons?

TV vs PS smoke?? All I see are TV dads attacking and insulting a 16 year old because he “didn’t perform“ and is “overrated” while being triple teamed the majority of a game.
BIGpatriot and BIGfootballguy have to demean and belittle a talented sophomore just to make themselves feel better about their own sons talent. They’re jealous and envy Mason because he’s better than what they used to be and what their sons are now. Why else trash on him when they could boast about their own sons?
I do not know the real identities of those handles. Shrout is a stud. Elite Sophmores have games like that were they learn about doubles and triples. A coach can help a star in that sitiation. Stars in this age also have to get used to internet trolls. This is all good in this players and teams growth.

TV is an awesome team. Need to learn what the word class means. If they best Jefferson 130 to 10, you know their still figuring that.

It's TV people. You have to learn to ignore them.

I do not know the real identities of those handles. Shrout is a stud. Elite Sophmores have games like that were they learn about doubles and triples. A coach can help a star in that sitiation. Stars in this age also have to get used to internet trolls. This is all good in this players and teams growth.

TV is an awesome team. Need to learn what the word class means. If they best Jefferson 130 to 10, you know their still figuring that.
I saw that matchup, and based on earlier scores from National Trail and Bradford this season, I would not be the least surprised to see the TV vs Jefferson game to be around 50-2 after 8 minutes of play. This one has a legit chance of going 140-150 if Sagester wants to push it. Even with the subs in they could hit those kinds of numbers unless the intentionally dial it back and work the clock.

At a game i attended this year i found myself seated by a fervent supporter of the TV program. He waxed on about how they were ranked number 5 in the state as was surprised I did not genuflect before him upon hearing of their greatness. As the game went on , the opponent focused on stopping Sarver and was doing pretty good at it while leaking like a sieve to perimeter shooting. At halftime I simply stated the game was not as close as i expected but they had done a nice job containing Sarver. The TV supporter bristled at this suggestion and stated unequivocally that the TV game plan was to use that evening's game to develop scoring other than Sarver and he was actually not trying to score that night. So in fact, they were failing to prevent Sarver from scoring because he was told not to score by Sagester. To that, I did not respond but let's just say what a load of crap. If your so insecure about your team that you can not allow for the possibility that your leading scorer can actually be held in check via defensive measures you have bigger problems than what I needed to debate with them on. Such attempts to insinuate defensive success is occurring only because "we want it to happen that way" is evidence of being so insecure about how others perceive your team that you are willing to stoop to denial of the obvious. A true fan and supporter perhaps, but as I saw it an immature and arrogant defense of the TV program. Reminded me of when I played my brother one on one as a kid. He was five years older than me, so the few times I managed to win as we got older he would infuriate me by stating that he had let me win, attempting to rob me of my small bit of success.

I saw that matchup, and based on earlier scores from National Trail and Bradford this season, I would not be the least surprised to see the TV vs Jefferson game to be around 50-2 after 8 minutes of play. This one has a legit chance of going 140-150 if Sagester wants to push it. Even with the subs in they could hit those kinds of numbers unless the intentionally dial it back and work the clock.

At a game i attended this year i found myself seated by a fervent supporter of the TV program. He waxed on about how they were ranked number 5 in the state as was surprised I did not genuflect before him upon hearing of their greatness. As the game went on , the opponent focused on stopping Sarver and was doing pretty good at it while leaking like a sieve to perimeter shooting. At halftime I simply stated the game was not as close as i expected but they had done a nice job containing Sarver. The TV supporter bristled at this suggestion and stated unequivocally that the TV game plan was to use that evening's game to develop scoring other than Sarver and he was actually not trying to score that night. So in fact, they were failing to prevent Sarver from scoring because he was told not to score by Sagester. To that, I did not respond but let's just say what a load of crap. If your so insecure about your team that you can not allow for the possibility that your leading scorer can actually be held in check via defensive measures you have bigger problems than what I needed to debate with them on. Such attempts to insinuate defensive success is occurring only because "we want it to happen that way" is evidence of being so insecure about how others perceive your team that you are willing to stoop to denial of the obvious. A true fan and supporter perhaps, but as I saw it an immature and arrogant defense of the TV program. Reminded me of when I played my brother one on one as a kid. He was five years older than me, so the few times I managed to win as we got older he would infuriate me by stating that he had let me win, attempting to rob me of my small bit of success.
Their fans are the worst.

Their fans are the worst.
Its is weird how they are. One of the weirdo fan bases around. After the hazing, they went away for a few years. Now they are back, even weirder than before.

Another thing the MAC and SCAL does well is fan base. They are loud, crazy and even rude. But it rarley feels out of bounds. But not weird like TV were its almost like deliverance or something. Weird. I know TV folks on the normal side of the street, they are getting over run again

Its is weird how they are. One of the weirdo fan bases around. After the hazing, they went away for a few years. Now they are back, even weirder than before.

Another thing the MAC and SCAL does well is fan base. They are loud, crazy and even rude. But it rarley feels out of bounds. But not weird like TV were its almost like deliverance or something. Weird. I know TV folks on the normal side of the street, they are getting over run again
I can hear the banjo made by hair of Mike Delong’s weird mustache

For 40 years its been Shawnee Vs Eaton. But I think its safe to say the WOAC created a new rivalry, and I don't hate it. #GOARROWS

I was very excited to attend the PS vs TV game as I have heard a lot of hype around the two teams. I have been to 2 TV games and 3 PS games this year so I knew a little about how each team plays. The game did not disappoint me in the physicality or competitiveness of each team. I have seen shrout play a few times in this year, but it was against less than mediocre teams so I was excited to see how he preformed in such a big game. I will admit that shrout is a very skilled player, but I believe he has not yet the player that he is advertised as. TV did a very good job of not letting him get easy shots and played a solid man to man defense. They trapped him a few times in the full court and he appeared to struggle with that. In the first half shrout went 1-4 with 2 points. He didn't have the ball in his hands as much as I believe many people would've like him to. TV did a good job of moving the ball around on offense, but seem to miss some easy shots in broken court. Shrout came out in the second half taking more shots and ending the 3rd quarter with 7. With 5 min left, tv put in some bench players and shrout did a good job of attacking them and drawing fouls in the double bonus. Overall I was impressed with TV's defense on shrout. Good Woac game.

Seeing that the stat line finally posted for Shrout. 22 points, 9 rebounds and 4 assists. Only having 11 field goal attempts for the entire game, which is his lowest total of the year. He did go 10-10 from the FT line. Overall, it was still a very solid performance.

I attended the game as well came in with high expectations for shrout but I left the game disappointed
Maybe you shouldn’t base your opinion on one game against a possible state contending team, could have been an off night. The really sad part about the statement you made is, the kid had 22 pts, 9 rebounds and 4 assists. Went 10 for 10 from the free throw line-most high school basketball players would be thrilled with those stats on any night!

with starters in he had 11 but with the bench in finally he plays well I mean he should be used to be playing good competition since he played in the eybl if your going to have hype, u better perform well and he just didn’t
Like I said, one game. One game where the sole objective by the defense was to NOT let him shoot the ball. And why hold the “hype” against him? Is he hyping himself up or are other adults doing it? He’s a sophomore-let’s try not to tear him down until we see what the next two years bring.

On a side note I am confused about the transfer conflict in an open enrolled school. I could understand controversial transfers if the school was not open enrolled but never less.

Status
Not open for further replies.