W.O.A.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
8FBBF35C-39ED-45FD-AB6E-EDE822776F61.jpeg
Through first few games this is how the new league is shaping up. We know PS hasn’t played yet and will be around the top of the League right with Tri Village. It looks like most of us were right with South and Bradford being better.

Ansonia-Bradford fri, Union city Sat.
Arcanum-Dixie fri, Meadowdale Sat.
Bradford-Ansonia fri, Russia Sat.
Dixie-Arcanum fri, Northeastern Sat.
FM-PS fri, Versailles Sat.
MV-Covington Sat.
Newton-TV fri,
Trail-Brookville Tuesday
TCN-TVS fri, Miami Valley Sat.
TV-Newton fri, Meadowdale Sun.
TVS-TCN fri,Waynesville Tues.
PS- FM fri. Madison Sat.

The Mississinawa Blackhawks were able to down the National Trail Blazers 52-44 on Friday night. The game was knotted at 21 at halftime, but a strong 3rd quarter propelled the Blackhawks into the lead. Then they had to fend off a furious fourth quarter comeback attempt in order to....

Summary, pics, and box score at:

Chris Tilton Sports

Appears they have improved a bunch.

The FM over Preble not a total surprise, as Preble just has not had time to get really rolling yet.
Not making excuses but football players don’t look to be in basketball shape yet. Wasn’t at this game but heard they came out flat and never really got anything going happens in basketball.

PS falls to FM one I did not see coming. Has South improved that much or not played anyone?
TVS has improved greatly, but it's still a little too early to tell how good they are. They have a tough non-league contest tomorrow night as they host 4-2 Waynesville, that will be a good test for them.

TVS has improved greatly, but it's still a little too early to tell how good they are. They have a tough non-league contest tomorrow night as they host 4-2 Waynesville, that will be a good test for them.
I just looked there 5 wins have came against opponents who combined have 2 wins. They have improved a lot also not played much.

I just looked there 5 wins have came against opponents who combined have 2 wins. They have improved a lot also not played much.
For sure, that's why I said tomorrow night is a good test. Waynesville is 4-2 and typically a strong team. TVS already has more wins this season then they did in the entire seasons the past 2 years.

Ansonia-TVS Fri. Ft Recovery Sat. 0-2
Arcanum-TV fri. 0-1
Bradford-TCN fri. Miami Valley Sat. 2-0
Dixie-FM fri. Middletown Christian sat. 1-1
FM-Dixie fr. Greenville Sat. 2-0
MV- Newton fri. New Bremen sat. 0-2
Newton-MV fri. Legacy Christian sat. 1-1
NT- Brookville tues. PS sat. 0-2
TCN- Bradford Fri. 0-1
TV- Arcanum fri. 1-0
TVS- Waynesville tues. Ansonia Fri. 1-1
PS-Valley View Thur. NT fri. 2-0

TVS lost to Waynesville 42-30.
Looking at scoring does Davidson have a shot to be player of the year or is Shrout and Sarver going to get that based on them being the bigger names in the league?

Looking at scoring does Davidson have a shot to be player of the year or is Shrout and Sarver going to get that based on them being the bigger names in the league?
Lots of basketball to be played before we can start talking about player of the year. But the WOAC did a awful job with the Football player of the year so who really knows.

Lots of basketball to be played before we can start talking about player of the year. But the WOAC did a awful job with the Football player of the year so who really knows
I agree not even a 1/4 through just looks like it’s going to come down to them three so far.

Wanted to take a good look at stats before commenting on this one.

At this point, Davidson plays on the team with the weakest schedule of the three players ,

Davidson has poor numbers in the assist category. Servers are better but 7 came vs TCN and 5 vs Newton.

Shrout is the real deal on paper. 4.5 APG is tough. He may not average what Davidson is but for my experience I believe if the season ended today the order would be

Shrout
Sarver
Davidson.

If the bottom two could consistently improve their passing game they could make it interesting.

Shawnee beat VV like a drum last night 78-50. Was up by 40 at the end of the 3rd. Shrout with 24 in 3 quarters.

So do we presume that the WOAC standings could be:

TV (the point differential is insane)
FM (big win over PS had to boost respect for the Jets)
PS (hitting their stride it sounds like)
TVS (are they real?)
Arcanum (unfamiliar with them)
?

TV vs Arcanum regardless of record is always a battle. I expect this one to shake the gym in New Madison tonight.
I assume PS should handle the Blazers by 10-12.
Dixie could give FM fits tonight, they only lost to Arcanum by 1.
South over Ansonia by a few.

POV: Just looking at numbers I think we are easily Shrout, Sarver and Davidson being the contending 3...

Davidson gets to the line A LOT. Shooting 88% FT definitely helps his ppg.
Sarver lacks on the assists but that's not really his job/position for the Patriots, that's for Delong to dish out.
Shrout isn't leading a category but maybe looks to be more consistent across the stat lines.

So do we presume that the WOAC standings could be:

TV (the point differential is insane)
FM (big win over PS had to boost respect for the Jets)
PS (hitting their stride it sounds like)
TVS (are they real?)
Arcanum (unfamiliar with them)
?

TV vs Arcanum regardless of record is always a battle. I expect this one to shake the gym in New Madison tonight.
I assume PS should handle the Blazers by 10-12.
Dixie could give FM fits tonight, they only lost to Arcanum by 1.
South over Ansonia by a few.

POV: Just looking at numbers I think we are easily Shrout, Sarver and Davidson being the contending 3...

Davidson gets to the line A LOT. Shooting 88% FT definitely helps his ppg.
Sarver lacks on the assists but that's not really his job/position for the Patriots, that's for Delong to dish out.
Shrout isn't leading a category but maybe looks to be more consistent across the stat lines
Arcanums best player is hurt has been since there first game but they are still deep.
TVS beat north by 4 idk if they played bad or north played good.
FM beat PS without there best scorer still a surprise to me.
PS will beat NT by 15+
Dixie FM should be a really good game.
Shrout Sarver Davidson easily Goubeaux from arcanum is there also just hurt.
Davidson does a lot for Bradford he is what makes them go may not show that on Ast. Him putting up 27 on Russia is crazy with a SCAL school and how they play Defense im going to have to go see him again this year. PS and Bradford play early January.

PS over NT by 21 61-40
Tri village pours it on Arcanum 79-32
Bradford was up 35 going into the fourth against North 60-28
FM edged out Dixie by 7

Tigers Tail Panthers in Second Half

The Ansonia Tigers fought hard against the Twin Valley South Panthers – who are at the top of the conference. They played well in the 1st half and had a half time lead against the Panthers who are undefeated in league play. But the Panthers battled back after the break and early in the 3rd quarter.....

Summary, game pics, box score at: Chris Tilton Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.