W.O.A.C.

Very much so. We get caught up in what a team is expected to do but to me the better question is what they have done?

They got no where close to the power section of the playoffs last year. They had a very nice win Vs Ft Loramie but Ft Loramie was very poor defensively in that game.

For me it is way too soon to mention TV and Marion Local in the same sentence. One has proven over and over again they are the small school standard, the other is a recent player in a conference that has not had a good record vs MAC schools.

I would have to favor Marion's defense in a matchup against TV as that has been Marion's strong suit for many years. 42-15 Marion.
54-35 Marion on a dry. Tri Village is unproven but I think what we are all wondering is if Tri village has the talent to keep up with the big boys

54-35 Marion on a dry. Tri Village is unproven but I think what we are all wondering is if Tri village has the talent to keep up with the big boys
Cant see Marion giving up 35 to anyone in D7. Last year they gave up 24 to the D7 state champs, but that was the most for the year. They handled Riverside, who defeated Tri Village, 48-8.

We shall see. With the pressure Marion brings up the middle a teams best laid offensive plans can go out the window when the QB is running away from heavy pursuit every play.

Last edited:
Shawnee played Brookville to a tie in their scrimmage. I wouldn’t expect to much out of Brookville this year didn’t look like your normal Brookville team. Shawnee looked about what I thought they would look like line played better than I thought they would.

Shawnee played Brookville to a tie in their scrimmage. I wouldn’t expect to much out of Brookville this year didn’t look like your normal Brookville team. Shawnee looked about what I thought they would look like line played better than I thought they would.
I’m a little surprised they tied, figured Brookville would win a tight one. Hope both teams have a successful season and build, did Shawnee look ok overall ? They lose a lot on the line ?

I’m a little surprised they tied, figured Brookville would win a tight one. Hope both teams have a successful season and build, did Shawnee look ok overall ? They lose a lot on the line ?
Honestly they looked better than I thought they would I still think they are one year away from but they will compete this year

I tend to think that TV will be very strong in their new league this year. I'm not sure they'll be challenged within the league a great deal. The Patriots return a lot, return an outstanding QB, etc. As far as asking are they beatable, time will tell. Looking at last year, winning the battle up front was something you needed to do to challenge them. Sarver can scramble though, will be tough to contain. It'll take a disciplined, physical defense, one similar to what you find in the MAC. Then again, Fort Loramie was similar and TV ran all over the field on them last year. Should be a fun year following TV.

Cant see Marion giving up 35 to anyone in D7. Last year they gave up 24 to the D7 state champs, but that was the most for the year. They handled Riverside who defeated Tri Village 48-8.

We shall see. With the pressure Marion brings up the middle a teams best laid offensive plans can go out the window when the QB is running away from heavy pursuit every play.
I'll give TV one benefit of the doubt in that Riverside game, the weather and field conditions were poor. It definitely played into the hands of the more physical football team in Riverside. I agree that winning the battle up front is the key to slowing down Tri-Village.

I tend to think that TV will be very strong in their new league this year. I'm not sure they'll be challenged within the league a great deal. The Patriots return a lot, return an outstanding QB, etc. As far as asking are they beatable, time will tell. Looking at last year, winning the battle up front was something you needed to do to challenge them. Sarver can scramble though, will be tough to contain. It'll take a disciplined, physical defense, one similar to what you find in the MAC. Then again, Fort Loramie was similar and TV ran all over the field on them last year. Should be a fun year following TV.
From the outside looking in, it seems like they got beat by weather as much as by Riverside last year? Weather could be a factor again?

From the outside looking in, it seems like they got beat by weather as much as by Riverside last year? Weather could be a factor again?
I'm sure it wasn't the fact that they couldn't run the ball at all, and that their QB threw 3 int's........ I'm sure it was the rain.

The only player on the field that is better than anyone on M-L is TV's QB. He wouldn't have anywhere to run or anyone to throw it to. ML would beat the tar out of them just like they do everyone else.

I don't want to take anything away from Riverside, that wouldn't be fair, but the wet weather isn't a help to TV. They're wanting to spread you out and score vs. a team like Riverside that wanted to run it right at you. Riverside had a good team last year as well.

The only player on the field that is better than anyone on M-L is TV's QB. He wouldn't have anywhere to run or anyone to throw it to. ML would beat the tar out of them just like they do everyone else.
It's also only the second week of practice and the second scrimmage, TV won't have to worry about any of the MAC schools until Week 11.

I don't want to take anything away from Riverside, that wouldn't be fair, but the wet weather isn't a help to TV. They're wanting to spread you out and score vs. a team like Riverside that wanted to run it right at you. Riverside had a good team last year as well.
Anyone who was at that game last year would know that Riverside turned the ball over 3 times and TV couldn’t score off any of them. The rain hurt Riverside more than it did TV.

also the ground and pound team (Riverside) managed to score a touchdown through the air, how come TV couldn’t?

I want to move on from that cause we won end of story, quit blaming the weather. FL never adjusted to the fact that TV’s only run play last year was the power read. If they had bothered to learn how to defend an option TV would have lost that game too.

Anyone who was at that game last year would know that Riverside turned the ball over 3 times and TV couldn’t score off any of them. The rain hurt Riverside more than it did TV.

also the ground and pound team (Riverside) managed to score a touchdown through the air, how come TV couldn’t?

I want to move on from that cause we won end of story, quit blaming the weather. FL never adjusted to the fact that TV’s only run play last year was the power read. If they had bothered to learn how to defend an option TV would have lost that game too.
If anything I view that loss last year as a learning experience for Tri Village. They are a young program that has a chance to do big things. They still had a heck of a year and surprised some people. This year they will not be surprising anyone, so we will see what kind of noise they can make. Sounds like they are doing things right as they are scrimmaging New Bremen this Friday, which will be a huge challenge for them. As well as they scrimmaged Versailles/Covington last week. I'm not saying they will beat any MAC schools, but it's good experience prepping for the season.

If anything I view that loss last year as a learning experience for Tri Village. They are a young program that has a chance to do big things. They still had a heck of a year and surprised some people. This year they will not be surprising anyone, so we will see what kind of noise they can make. Sounds like they are doing things right as they are scrimmaging New Bremen this Friday, which will be a huge challenge for them. As well as they scrimmaged Versailles/Covington last week. I'm not saying they will beat any MAC schools, but it's good experience prepping for the season.
Agree, can we say they will have the best QB and RB on the field any game they play this year? That is a serious ticket for success in the lower divisions. I think all the Riverside shock was people underselling Riverside last year and over selling the TV FM last year.

I think what I said you've taken out of context. I explained that nothing should be taken away from Riverside and wasn't using weather as an excuse. I think it's a pretty fair assessment to say poor weather doesn't benefit any spread passing teams.

Tri-Village beat New Bremen in their jamboree game tonight 10-7 at half then the JV teams played. New Bremen made a good stop on TV on the first drive and took advantage and scored. After that TV moved the ball whenever they wanted had to kick a fg then came back and scored. TV’s defense had some stops on NB and made them fight for every first down would’ve been a great game if they played the whole game.

Tri-Village beat New Bremen in their jamboree game tonight 10-7 at half then the JV teams played. New Bremen made a good stop on TV on the first drive and took advantage and scored. After that TV moved the ball whenever they wanted had to kick a fg then came back and scored. TV’s defense had some stops on NB and made them fight for every first down would’ve been a great game if they played the whole game.
Big time booster headed into the TV Season. Troy Christian and PShaw to start the season. TV did a lot of good during scrimmages against teams like Butler, NB, Covington, Versailles... teams that folks said the little guys couldn't handle and they sure held their own! Looking forward to the WOAC should be a fun year for all teams!

Big time booster headed into the TV Season. Troy Christian and PShaw to start the season. TV did a lot of good during scrimmages against teams like Butler, NB, Covington, Versailles... teams that folks said the little guys couldn't handle and they sure held their own! Looking forward to the WOAC should be a fun year for all teams!
They could easily run the table 10 -0.

Ansonia 21 Lehman 2 in a half of play. They also did a 10 play series each before they played the half and Ansonia scored twice, Lehman did not score.
What are the thoughts on Ansonia this season? Just going off of history, I would think they could very well be a top 3-4 team in the league year in and year out. I just have no clue of what kind of talent is there right now.

Tri-Village vs Troy Christian Too many weapons for the Patriots. 52-17.
National Trail vs Milton Union Close for a while. MU's size wins it. 26-13.
Preble Shawnee vs Miami East Toss up. Shawnee wins in a physical one. 14-13.
Dixie vs Northridge Could see this being high scoring. 28-20.
Ansonia vs Riverside Riverside loses their stud, but return a solid core. Ansonia will battle. 28-14.
Tri-County North vs Brookville Too much physicality out of the Blue Devils. 42-6
Twin Valley South vs Carlisle Carlisle will be disciplined enough. 21-7
Bradford vs Northeastern Toss up. 14-13.
Arcanum vs Dohn Community Why Arcanum scheduled this game is beyond me. 56-7.
Mississinawa Valley vs Union City (IN) UC wins the rivalry. 28-6.

Tri-Village vs Troy Christian Too many weapons for the Patriots. 52-17.
National Trail vs Milton Union Close for a while. MU's size wins it. 26-13.
Preble Shawnee vs Miami East Toss up. Shawnee wins in a physical one. 14-13.
Dixie vs Northridge Could see this being high scoring. 28-20.
Ansonia vs Riverside Riverside loses their stud, but return a solid core. Ansonia will battle. 28-14.
Tri-County North vs Brookville Too much physicality out of the Blue Devils. 42-6
Twin Valley South vs Carlisle Carlisle will be disciplined enough. 21-7
Bradford vs Northeastern Toss up. 14-13.
Arcanum vs Dohn Community Why Arcanum scheduled this game is beyond me. 56-7.
Mississinawa Valley vs Union City (IN) UC wins the rivalry. 28-6.
you’re pretty close here except i’d bet Northeastern beats Bradford by 35+

Milton beats National Trail by more