Video of Vinton County coach tripping NY player.

I don't. Sorry. I was sent an edited version on FB and tried to drop a link. If you go to the mid state league thread, it's on page 7. I dropped it there and for some reason you can view it there but not on this thread.

I don't. Sorry. I was sent an edited version on FB and tried to drop a link. If you go to the mid state league thread, it's on page 7. I dropped it there and for some reason you can view it there but not on this thread.
FWIW, i get content unavailable on both links

What's the context here? Was it one of those plays where a player is running untouched down the sideline for an apparent TD, and a coach downfield decides to intervene?

Nevermind. I watched the video above. There's no place for that sort of behavior at any level. Can't say for certain, but the offender looks rather pleased with himself afterward. Can't even make any type of argument for a "heat of the moment" scenario like when an opposing player is racing down the sideline for a TD (which is still a despicable act that has no place in football * paging Mike Tomlin* but slightly understandable). It appears the ball is dead, and the offended player is returning to his end of the field.

Last edited:
What's the context here? Was it one of those plays where a player is running for an apparent TD, and a coach downfield decides to intervene?
Looks like the defender from NY was coming downfield in pursuit of A1 from VC along the sideline, A1 went out-of-bounds (incomplete pass that sailed OOB) and in the action of trailing back around to toward the field the coach (assistant) stuck his foot out to as kid from NY comes across him.

The video doesn’t paint a good defense of the culprit.

Looks like the defender from NY was coming downfield in pursuit of A1 from VC along the sideline, A1 went out-of-bounds (incomplete pass that sailed OOB) and in the action of trailing back around to toward the field the coach (assistant) stuck his foot out to as kid from NY comes across him.

The video doesn’t paint a good defense of the culprit.
I've added more thoughts above after seeing the video.

He did it a lot sneakier than I pictured. I'd hate see him at a Little League football game.

Luckily Nelsonville cable films from the visiting sideline, you are unable to see it on film and from the home side camera angles. Glad it was caught on film and the clown has been removed from volunteering for the program.