Versailles 2-0 @ Marion Local 2-0

First of all, I'm excited Versailles is in the conversation about competing with MSML.
I think it would be interested to know what Goodwin is thinking about his thoughts about playing boys on his injury list. Do you bring them back in order to increase your odds of winning over Versailles but increase their odds of being reinjured. The Tigers coach could have the same decision if someone gets knicked up this week in practice. I'm sure the boys would play if given permission by proper authorities.
This is going to be a hard hitting game. I predict Flyers to stop Versailles bread and butter runs and make Versailles to use counter plays and passes to win. I also think both teams have a handful of plays that have not been shown yet. ML always has some good screens that can strike for big yards.
As for Versailles D, they need to stop QB run. NB ran on on them last year and FL did a couple time last week. But FL didn't run him much, maybe concerned about getting him hurt.
Versailles needs to tire Flyers out and maybe get some big runs from 2nd team fresh running back, #36. A trackster.
I don't have a prediction yet!

ML vs Versailles history from my memories. When I was a kid, it was the last game of the year. My parents had many couples over for pregame and post game party.
During the years that I played, it was the first game of the year. My senior year we won 28 to 0 and the whole team led by Coach Hetrick sang happy birthday to me outside the ML locker room during the post game speech.
Now that the next generation has struggled playing Tigerball, but this year I'm optimistic that the Tigers can edge the Flyers and add one to 42 to make 43 all time wins to ML 29 victories.
These new Tigers are going to get to play in front of a great crowd and charged atmosphere. Win or lose, they are going to gain valuable experience, lifetime memories, and bragging rights.
Funny story......several boys at St. Nicholas have serving training together tomorrow on how to be a good alter boys and then they will be playing smash mouth football against each other Friday night and Saturday morning.
We live in a good place!

First of all, I'm excited Versailles is in the conversation about competing with MSML.
I think it would be interested to know what Goodwin is thinking about his thoughts about playing boys on his injury list. Do you bring them back in order to increase your odds of winning over Versailles but increase their odds of being reinjured. The Tigers coach could have the same decision if someone gets knicked up this week in practice. I'm sure the boys would play if given permission by proper authorities.
This is going to be a hard hitting game. I predict Flyers to stop Versailles bread and butter runs and make Versailles to use counter plays and passes to win. I also think both teams have a handful of plays that have not been shown yet. ML always has some good screens that can strike for big yards.
As for Versailles D, they need to stop QB run. NB ran on on them last year and FL did a couple time last week. But FL didn't run him much, maybe concerned about getting him hurt.
Versailles needs to tire Flyers out and maybe get some big runs from 2nd team fresh running back, #36. A trackster.
I don't have a prediction yet!
don't bring a kid back that is still injured.

#36 for Versailles is Jack Osborne (mentioned earlier on this thread). He's quite fast and elusive at tailback - a home run hitter. Slowing down the strong ground game of Osborne, Landon Henry, and qb Carson Bey will be a challenge for ML.

As already noted, it will be interesting to see ML's tough defense vs Versailles' high-octane offense.

ML vs Versailles history from my memories. When I was a kid, it was the last game of the year. My parents had many couples over for pregame and post game party.
During the years that I played, it was the first game of the year. My senior year we won 28 to 0 and the whole team led by Coach Hetrick sang happy birthday to me outside the ML locker room during the post game speech.
I'm pretty sure Versailles beat ML 28-0 in game 1 of the '78 season.

37 yards according to The Versailles Policy.
thats what i thought, i saw the first half, before the lightning came, did the skins just try to pass the ball the second half , because they needed too? because they weere down by so much

FL passed a lot, Versailles played bend but dont break D. Gave up 1st downs but not big plays.

Hot topic on here has been the flyer defense vs the tiger offense, both preforming at high levels as expected so far this season. Can the tiger defense contain the flyer offense making this a low scoring game?

Left tackle Taran Tyo has looked great for the Tigers thus far - listed at 6'4" 300 and has verbally committed to Ball State.

He's part of the d line rotation as well, and he's really tough there too - can often manhandle opposing players.

6 3 295 wrestler....needs to stay low when being double teamed. If not double teamed, he will make the tackle in his area code.

Hot topic on here has been the flyer defense vs the tiger offense, both preforming at high levels as expected so far this season. Can the tiger defense contain the flyer offense making this a low scoring game?
if they are able to stop the run, and make the Flyers pass......

With Kirtland not playing this week, this is one of the games I will try following. Expecting a great game. I know the Tigers gave the Flyers a game a few years back (or it may have been last year).

With Kirtland not playing this week, this is one of the games I will try following. Expecting a great game. I know the Tigers gave the Flyers a game a few years back (or it may have been last year).
sounds like you’re doing a little scouting for Kirtland for the potential state championship

This may be the only time in the past 5 years I predicted Marion Local to lose outside of the Kirtland championship game. Versailles 24 - Marion Local 10. Versailles has a very talented team and appear to have taken the next step after a very competitive season last year.

I know we’re only 3 weeks into the season, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see the MAC sweep DV-DVII like they did in 2014

Classic of a game from both sides. Some mistakes & costly turnovers; but I fully expect both teams to be in the title picture come November/December. Heard a few players went down hurt tonight as well. Heal up quick!!

Marion Local 19
Versailles 17

Tremendous effort and quite a few guys limping around out there. Versailles' QB is good and his receivers remind me of the typical Coldwater receivers. They catch everything. Marion Local D is strong.