Van Wert Boys Basketball Coach Steps Down

Idiots have No clue. Must have been a Super Dad responding.
Based on people that respond on here and the football board there’s no doubt state championship caliber head coaches who know how to run all aspects of a varsity program even though they think it’s just coaching. They’ll tell you themselves!

Yes. Absolutely. Some kid hit a prayer in districts or else they would not have advanced.
I don’t know him or live there.
It was a wide open transition three. Is the coach of the opposing team who didn’t get his kids to foul ‘awful’ also? Because he’s a Hall of Famer 😂

74-67, and a regional runner up, is awful?
There are a lot of teams that would kill to have one Regional final trip in 5 years.....

How many coaches can say they did this during the Colin White years at OG

2021 ........beat OG 54-53 in OT
2022.........lost to OG by 2
2023.........lost to OG by 2 in 2OT

Even with going 1-8 in the WBL this past season he still had more league wins in 5 seasons than the 5 previous before he took the job

There are a lot of teams that would be ok with having an awful coach like that lol

Last edited:
There are a lot of teams that would kill to have one Regional final trip in 5 years.....

How many coaches can say they did this during the Colin White years at OG

2021 ........beat OG 54-53 in OT
2022.........lost to OG by 2
2023.........lost to OG by 2 in 2OT

Even with going 1-8 in the WBL this past season he still had more league wins in 5 seasons than the 5 previous before he took the job

There are a lot of teams that would be ok with having an awful coach like that lol
Heck, same area but Spencerville has 1 district title in their school history if I’m not mistaken. Sensabaugh’s never won a district title in 20+ year but he’s had really good teams. He a bad coach @FlightCrew?

Will Van Wert hire within or are there candidates surfacing? Also, what does next season look like for Cougars? Improvement likely? Can they move up in the WBL standings?

Heard they wanted Dre White who went to Bath. Jeremy Best (old Crestview coach) will get a look. They also looked into Utendorf at Ottoville.
Gut tells me its Best's job if he wants it.

Heard they wanted Dre White who went to Bath. Jeremy Best (old Crestview coach) will get a look. They also looked into Utendorf at Ottoville.
Gut tells me its Best's job if he wants it.
Other information has surfaced this week. Van Wert's decision may be based on how long they are willing to wait to hear from potential coaches they really want. Timing is sometimes tricky for both the school and the potential coach.

Looks like Jeremy Best is the new coach. I know a lot can happen, but Van Wert could be headed toward the state finals in three or four years. For someone who can commit to at least that long in the program, this is an attractive job and the school is in solid shape otherwise.

How much do you know about Van Wert's current 8th grade class (next year's freshmen) and the current freshmen who played varsity this year?
No clue. Have heard they have a decent amount of talent in the pipeline though.
And with current state of WBL, they should compete for the league title soon.