Valley View Baseball

zellner is good to go i know for a fact. But are we sure that Miller and Schenck are playing this year? I heard rumors both of them were going to get prepared for football, this seems especially true for Miller

where are you getting your facts from:hello: they both know that if they dont play then the season is basically over!! they know better then do that to there teammates.. if it is true then its pretty selfish on there part.

heres a look at VV team returning staters and new players
League (2nd), sectional runner-up last year.
Catcher- Chris Lyklins (sr) 3 year lettermen
1B- Chris Allen (sr) 3 year letterman
2B- Brad Miller (sr) 3 year letterman
SS- Tyler Schenck (sr) 3 year letterman (Honorable Mention last year)
3B- Tony Travisano?? (jr) 1 year letterman
RF- Josh Haeseker (sr) 3 year letterman( Honorable Mention as (sohp), 2nd Team All-League last year)
CF- Andrew Zellner (jr) 2 year letterman (2nd team All-League Fresh-Soph)
LF- Patrick Boyle (sr) 2 year letterman (led team in batting .396 AVG)

Pitchers- Chris Allen (LHP), Andrew Zellner (RHP), Patrick Boyle (LHP), Tony Travisano (RHP),[/QUOTE]

I also think Couper Nolte and Gage Wilson can contribute with relief. If Zellner is throwing at 90 this year he may need to also be a closer? What are your thoughts about that? Who were the starting pitchers on JV. There is also Dylan Cradlebaugh and Charlie Bullock who I think did some relief on non league games.

where are you getting your facts from:hello: they both know that if they dont play then the season is basically over!! they know better then do that to there teammates.. if it is true then its pretty selfish on there part.

I would hope this is not true. But if they've both committed to play football I can understand spending the Spring getting ready for football. I don't think it's selfish and I don't think it would end the season. As I said earlier you could move Nolte to Shortstop and Travasano to second. Sounds to me like you're putting too much on two players and giving up on the team if that happens. I have to say if they skip out on their Senior year it would be for one reason only and that is getting ready to start summer football with their college teams. Did Schenk get a scholarship to play at Wittenberg? Isn't that where Skidmore went? Please post if you find out this information. Also another quick question about the Valley View Program, what are their winter workouts consisting of? Has the new coach introduced himself yet and are they hitting or lifting weights after school or not?

pitching will not be a weak link as far as starters go, the talent is there. Varsity only lost one pitcher to graduation, and gained another one back from tommy john in zellner. Skidmore was rarely used last year as a pitcher. Im sure zellner can throw a rocket but I doubt he is consistently hitting 90.

I would hope this is not true. But if they've both committed to play football I can understand spending the Spring getting ready for football. I don't think it's selfish and I don't think it would end the season. As I said earlier you could move Nolte to Shortstop and Travasano to second. Sounds to me like you're putting too much on two players and giving up on the team if that happens. I have to say if they skip out on their Senior year it would be for one reason only and that is getting ready to start summer football with their college teams. Did Schenk get a scholarship to play at Wittenberg? Isn't that where Skidmore went? Please post if you find out this information. Also another quick question about the Valley View Program, what are their winter workouts consisting of? Has the new coach introduced himself yet and are they hitting or lifting weights after school or not?

That is not selfish on there part at all, they have to make deciosions for there future about whats best for them. The team would be fine, i agree with Nolte and Travisano stepping in doing a good job, although i think they would be weaker. Schenck did reveive money from Wittengerg, and Skidmore is playing there. Miller is walking on at Indiana University, but both of them are still considering other options. There winter workouts are lifting and conditioning after schools.. not sure what days. I also heard players were hitting on there own indoors on there own time...

heres a look at VV team returning staters and new players
League (2nd), sectional runner-up last year.
Catcher- Chris Lyklins (sr) 3 year lettermen
1B- Chris Allen (sr) 3 year letterman
2B- Brad Miller (sr) 3 year letterman
SS- Tyler Schenck (sr) 3 year letterman (Honorable Mention last year)
3B- Tony Travisano?? (jr) 1 year letterman
RF- Josh Haeseker (sr) 3 year letterman( Honorable Mention as (sohp), 2nd Team All-League last year)
CF- Andrew Zellner (jr) 2 year letterman (2nd team All-League Fresh-Soph)
LF- Patrick Boyle (sr) 2 year letterman (led team in batting .396 AVG)

Pitchers- Chris Allen (LHP), Andrew Zellner (RHP), Patrick Boyle (LHP), Tony Travisano (RHP),[/QUOTE]

I also think Couper Nolte and Gage Wilson can contribute with relief. If Zellner is throwing at 90 this year he may need to also be a closer? What are your thoughts about that? Who were the starting pitchers on JV. There is also Dylan Cradlebaugh and Charlie Bullock who I think did some relief on non league games.

that nolte kid does throw pretty decent but he hasnt developed a curv or even a change up yet so maybe he will pitch in the later innings. And Cradlebaugh got into some trouble and maybe not be able to play this year. But haeseker, miller, schenck can all pitch

That is not selfish on there part at all, they have to make deciosions for there future about whats best for them. The team would be fine, i agree with Nolte and Travisano stepping in doing a good job, although i think they would be weaker. Schenck did reveive money from Wittengerg, and Skidmore is playing there. Miller is walking on at Indiana University, but both of them are still considering other options. There winter workouts are lifting and conditioning after schools.. not sure what days. I also heard players were hitting on there own indoors on there own time...

On their own time? Sounds like they may be jelling. Can anyone tell me exactly how much Varsity time the Seniors have had. I saw the starting post with most Seniors having 3 years varsity. But how many of them actually have been 3 year starters. Did most of them play minimal as Sophomores; this making their Senior year really the 2nd full time year of playing on Varsity. If anyone can post a breakdown of the Seniors since there are so many of them I would appreciate it. The only ones I can think of are
Chris Lykins, Chris Allen, Brad Miller, Tyler Schenk, Pat Boyle and Josh Haseker? Did they come up as Sophomores and play backup at most or are these boys actual 3 year starters?

Nolte is a good little short stop and a decent hitter but i dont think he could beat out Schenck. Schenck is a crazy athlete with a lot of tools. I am hearing zellner will be a definite pitcher this year. I also saw gilmore play very many postitions he looked decent at most of them he could just use a little arm strength, he can hit. Lykins i hear is eligible to play which is a great thing, DAMN GOOD CATCHER!

Not sure about all the seniors, but im pretty sure Schenk, allen, Haseker, and lykins were consistent starters their soph year. Lykins is a decent catcher but lacks consistency in my opinion, strong arm but a long and wild thrower. Definitely the man to have behind the plate this year tho. I think everyone knows nolte wont be at short this year, doesnt have the quickness or arm strength miller and schenk have, havent seen him at the plate however. Might but up a fight at 3B? I would think it would be Travisano's job to lose however.

I don't think anyone said Nolte would compete with Schenck they said he could replace him next year. If he doesn't have the arm at SS he wouldn't be any competition at 3rd. You have to be dead on at that position. I was sent a private message. Haeseker and Schenck split the shortstop position their soph year; both having struggles. Miller seen very little playing time. Not sure about Boyle other than a relief pitcher. Maybe some field time but not sure.

Regardless there will be a lot of pressure on pennick (is it pennick or pinnick? ive seen both) to win ball games, which there should be with the amount of talent and with several players with a lot of varsity experience. Im sure he's up for the job and wish him luck!

On their own time? Sounds like they may be jelling. Can anyone tell me exactly how much Varsity time the Seniors have had. I saw the starting post with most Seniors having 3 years varsity. But how many of them actually have been 3 year starters. Did most of them play minimal as Sophomores; this making their Senior year really the 2nd full time year of playing on Varsity. If anyone can post a breakdown of the Seniors since there are so many of them I would appreciate it. The only ones I can think of are
Chris Lykins, Chris Allen, Brad Miller, Tyler Schenk, Pat Boyle and Josh Haseker? Did they come up as Sophomores and play backup at most or are these boys actual 3 year starters?

Chris lykins was a full time catcher his sophmore year, Schenck was the full time short stop, Haeseker full time out field, Chris Allen Same with him full time 1st baseman, Brad miller did sit but still saw some playing time as well as boyle. Most are 3 year starters yes some are 3 year letterman.

what are the chances in your guys mind of VV going farther than they got in the tourny last year?
Im predicting that we will win league and have a great possibility depending on our seed and if we are all hot hitting and pitching to be in regionals.l