Valdosta's quality as an opponent of the best team in Ohio in 2023.

SWGA Fan

Sorry to be a nuisance, regarding the previous comments regarding the best state in the country for high school football. But I felt behoove to make a brief comment regarding the state of the aggrandizing poll of the best state in the country for high school football. Not surprising that your homegrown crowd would include Ohio in the top four, unlike the rest of the universe. But Ohio being numero uno was a bit much. But I've reserved my comments until the die is cast later in the playoff season.

And to exclude from your poll, what most pundits consider to be the best state using almost every criteria available, WAS a bit surprising, to say the least. THAT being said. This adulation of your state will be put to the test at 7:30pm tonight, EST., in the Hawg Pen in Moultrie, Georgia. When the unranked Valdosta Mildcats journey to play the #12 nationally ranked Colquitt Co. Packers. Although ranked rather highly in the country, the Packers are STILL only ranked #4 in GHSA 7A football. With perennial national power Buford being ranked #5 in the state 7A, after their seven point loss several weeks ago, against that funny sounding school named Mill Creek, with its 4,000 students. And this was without the now graduated corner back Caleb Downs, who is currently a starting corner for the Crimson Pachyderms of Alabumble.

ANYWHO, regardless of the outcome tonight. I will harken to come back, with your permission, to take my medicine or not, regarding the quality of GHSA football in 2023 vs Massillon. IF Ohio proves to be the best, I will give you due credit for such. Until we meet again. For those so inclined, the game will be aired on NFHS.NET at 7:30 PM.