USC kicker disqualified after targeting call on opening kickoff

Don't even know what actual targeting is with how inconsistently it is enforced. I wish they'd make it a two strike penalty like soccer with two yellow cards equaling a red card.

Equally hilarious and ridiculous watching a kicker get ejected for that hit while seeing multiple other hits over the first two weeks that I thought were no-brainers by the rule not get penalized.

Don't even know what actual targeting is with how inconsistently it is enforced. I wish they'd make it a two strike penalty like soccer with two yellow cards equaling a red card.

Equally hilarious and ridiculous watching a kicker get ejected for that hit while seeing multiple other hits over the first two weeks that I thought were no-brainers by the rule not get penalized.
I'm a fan of the intent but the arbitrary rule has driven me bonkers since its inception. Unsure how many times I've seen a ball carrier lower his helmet. I can find numerous "targeting" infractions throughout one game. If someone is defenseless, like a crack back, I get it, otherwise, junk the rule because it cannot be enforced properly.