University School @ Steubenville

This game is all about Ben Malbasa wanting a trip to see his kin in the valley. I wonder how many US parents will even make the trip?

If there home attendance is any indication not many. When Mogadore played them at US there were about 30 on their side. Meanwhile down at their soccer game their side was packed. I figured some would come over when the soccer game was over....wrong the parking lot cleared out.lol

Funny how Steuby can find a way to schedule US for this game-- but scheduling Kirtland would not work because "that's too far to travel-- no Cleveland-area schools would ever go that far for a game"-- how far is it from US to Steuby-- and how much different is that than Kirtland to Steuby? Oh, I forgot-- "Steuby rarely schedules 'down'"-- I guess not unless it's a team that's already been spatchcocked for the Steuby win on Steuby's home field.

The injury Gods give then they take away. #18 will be back this week but we may have lost #4 for the rest of the year! Offensively with Hill back that should open our offense up tremendously with him and inky being deep threats

US and Malbasa = JOKE.

Coach scores a big ZERO in the class category.
I could rattle off many examples off the top of my head but what's the point.
Not many people would dispute this unless they were a douchebag too.

Funny how Steuby can find a way to schedule US for this game-- but scheduling Kirtland would not work because "that's too far to travel-- no Cleveland-area schools would ever go that far for a game"-- how far is it from US to Steuby-- and how much different is that than Kirtland to Steuby? Oh, I forgot-- "Steuby rarely schedules 'down'"-- I guess not unless it's a team that's already been spatchcocked for the Steuby win on Steuby's home field.
For a guy from or living in Cincinnati, you sure spend a lot of time worrying about Steubenville and Kirtland? Why are you so enamored with two small towns in NE Ohio?

For a guy from or living in Cincinnati, you sure spend a lot of time worrying about Steubenville and Kirtland? Why are you so enamored with two small towns in NE Ohio?
I find it absurd that Steubenville even SCHEDULES games like this-- and then has a slew of fans that want to come on this website and talk about how good their team is and how great their coach is. I'm no fan of Ms. Washington-- BUT, I'll say this for them: THEY don't duck people-- they play a good schedule-- pretty much EVERY year! They are trying to BEAT the best to BE the best-- can't say that for Steubenville (fortunately, the playoffs will take care of that for Steubenville this year). I use Kirtland because it's a convenient foil for Steubenville-- there's NO REASON that if Steubenville can find a way to schedule University School during the season, that Steubenville couldn't find a way to schedule Kirtland-- if Steubenville's coach had any interest in challenging his team, during the regular season.

There's LOTS of small towns in NE Ohio that have similar goals for their HS football teams-- some of them just go about it in less objectionable ways. I have a problem with Steubenville's coach still being involved in coaching AT ALL, ANYWHERE, after the way he handled that incident-- he wouldn't have had a chance to resign, if I'd been the Athletic Director, Principal, or Superintendent of his school, when he displayed the actions and behavior that he displayed back during that affair.

I find it absurd that Steubenville even SCHEDULES games like this-- and then has a slew of fans that want to come on this website and talk about how good their team is and how great their coach is. I'm no fan of Ms. Washington-- BUT, I'll say this for them: THEY don't duck people-- they play a good schedule-- pretty much EVERY year! They are trying to BEAT the best to BE the best-- can't say that for Steubenville (fortunately, the playoffs will take care of that for Steubenville this year). I use Kirtland because it's a convenient foil for Steubenville-- there's NO REASON that if Steubenville can find a way to schedule University School during the season, that Steubenville couldn't find a way to schedule Kirtland-- if Steubenville's coach had any interest in challenging his team, during the regular season.

There's LOTS of small towns in NE Ohio that have similar goals for their HS football teams-- some of them just go about it in less objectionable ways. I have a problem with Steubenville's coach still being involved in coaching AT ALL, ANYWHERE, after the way he handled that incident-- he wouldn't have had a chance to resign, if I'd been the Athletic Director, Principal, or Superintendent of his school, when he displayed the actions and behavior that he displayed back during that affair.
Hey why don’t you get a life dude. I don’t understand ppl in this world who have so much for certain things or ppl. I’m sure you’ve never even met a person who is from the area of which where steubenville is.

This is supposed to be a thread between the game that these 2 teams are playing tomorrow night. People always say why doesn’t Steubenville play Ohio teams here we are playing one and people are complaining lol

Funny how Steuby can find a way to schedule US for this game-- but scheduling Kirtland would not work because "that's too far to travel-- no Cleveland-area schools would ever go that far for a game"-- how far is it from US to Steuby-- and how much different is that than Kirtland to Steuby? Oh, I forgot-- "Steuby rarely schedules 'down'"-- I guess not unless it's a team that's already been spatchcocked for the Steuby win on Steuby's home fiel
Dude your obsession with Big Red is pathetic. I’m starting to think someone from Steubenville stole your girl.Or Guy.?

Isn’t there ano

listen bro, you have a very unhealthy fixation on a very small eastern Ohio Appalachian town. I can’t figure out why you spend so much time worrying about Steubenville and SHS football. You have way too much unproductive time in your daily routine. I sure hope your fixation doesn’t take over your life to the point where you’re locked up in a rubber room, sucking your thumb, rocking back and forth and mumbling “Stoobinville” over and over again with your meals being fed to you via a slingshot because you’re too mentally unstable to approach.

Dude your obsession with Big Red is pathetic. I’m starting to think someone from Steubenville stole your girl.Or Guy.?
It has to be. Why would anyone not from there or living there be so obsessed. For that matter why would anybody be so obsessed over the schedule of a high school football squad. PAP, I think you nailed it, some ex SHS football player stole his boy/girl friend and he’s totally lost his mind over it. Ya know what I just thought of…. He could be a McNic grad who never saw the field while playing under Steubenville native and Catholic Central great Mike Orlando. His bitterness screams like a pine-riding youngster.

Last edited:
The injury Gods give then they take away. #18 will be back this week but we may have lost #4 for the rest of the year! Offensively with Hill back that should open our offense up tremendously with him and inky being deep threats
Buggs #4.... He's not hurt.....

This game is all about Ben Malbasa wanting a trip to see his kin in the valley. I wonder how many US parents will even make the trip?
Malbasa loved his time, loved the kids he had at Benny and oh by the way helped bring in most of the key pieces from that State Title team, inc Baker and Layne yet people still talk about him negatively
I’ve seen ex’s move on from a jilted spouse more maturely ?‍♂️
MOVE ON!

US and Malbasa = JOKE.

Coach scores a big ZERO in the class category.
I could rattle off many examples off the top of my head but what's the point.
Not many people would dispute this unless they were a douchebag to
Can you site two examples? And they can’t be he runs on the field to call TO’s or he is hard on refs- because I hate to break it to you chief but that’s EVERY COACH

Kirkland gets beat by Steubenville nine out of ten years. Make no mistake about it.

Kirkland gets beat by Steubenville nine out of ten years. Make no mistake about it.
You'd HOPE SO-- given Stuebenville is Division III and Kirtland is Division V-- but it's CLEAR that Steubenville's "GREAT" coach wants NO PART of teams like that, to even find out-- nor Mooney when it was good, nor Ms. Washington (which is a LOT closer than University School to Steubenville than US) at any point-- it's about finding easy clay pigeons to blast for Steubenville's "GREAT" coach.

You'd HOPE SO-- given Stuebenville is Division III and Kirtland is Division V-- but it's CLEAR that Steubenville's "GREAT" coach wants NO PART of teams like that, to even find out-- nor Mooney when it was good, nor Ms. Washington (which is a LOT closer than University School to Steubenville than US) at any point-- it's about finding easy clay pigeons to blast for Steubenville's "GREAT" coach.
400 wins, 4 state titles...you gotta be quiet.

Don't EVER gotta be quiet about covering up for a rapist--- more like HE's GOTTA BE FIRED-- YEARS AGO.
You should call the local authorities...that would probably be more helpful than complaining about a high school football teams schedule online. If you aren't doing that...you gotta be quiet.

Most would say Kirtland would win 9 out of 10 years. They are just a different animal
I really doubt that. Steubenville has much better speed, much better athletes and imo tougher kids in general. Even though people don’t like Reno (discussion for another day), Coaching vs Tiger is a wash. So I stick with nine out of ten.

Malbasa loved his time, loved the kids he had at Benny and oh by the way helped bring in most of the key pieces from that State Title team, inc Baker and Layne yet people still talk about him negatively
I’ve seen ex’s move on from a jilted spouse more maturely ?‍♂️
MOVE ON!
I am neutral on Malbasa and I have long moved on, you do have to admit he left two school in a lurch that can casue some sore feeling in the catholic east side community when he shows up at CYO games sporting a prep school's logo. You do have to admit that if he didn't have ties to Steubenville there is no way they would have even considered this game instead of playing say Kiski Prep.

You should call the local authorities...that would probably be more helpful than complaining about a high school football teams schedule online. If you aren't doing that...you gotta be quiet.
Seems the local authorities (not just law enforcement, but also the school district's authorities-- pretty pathetic) are in the coach's pocket-- or he would have been fired... and NAH, Andre, I don't gotta do anything-- certainly not be quiet about it-- Dude deserved the sack ~10 years ago.

Seems the local authorities (not just law enforcement, but also the school district's authorities-- pretty pathetic) are in the coach's pocket-- or he would have been fired... and NAH, Andre, I don't gotta do anything-- certainly not be quiet about it-- Dude deserved the sack ~10 years ago.
Had the BCI in his pocket too? Yeah...you gotta be quiet...