Uniform Issues

I’ve got no issues with all the accessories. However the knee pad thing is really the only issue. If you watch any CFB or NFL game there are guys not wearing them properly. As someone listed earlier that’s who’s fault it mainly is. Wanting to look up to someone you model your game after and look like them. The quirk we had on our team however was no one arm shooter sleeves from basketball. If you wore sleeves had to be both arms

At our game last week....Couldn't hear clearly because I was on the visitors side, but I think the home team had a WR get sent off by the official because he didn't have any knee pads in.

What about cups? Are they required? Don't get me wrong, I don't want officials going around checking. Ha! When I played and coached, first day of pads, we did the knock-knock drill. Everyone rapped on their cups at the same time for a minute. Fun drill to let the kids know they're protected.
No cups are not required.

Awww the big-pads era! If you had a horse-collar, you had to be a baadd boy!

I may be an exception, but during my freshman year of HS, I suffered a BADLY sprained neck. My last 3 years of football, I wore 2 neck rolls (stacked) in order to be able to play. It had nothing to do with looking cool. Maybe I should have tried being cool and not wore them because now I can tell it's raining in Nebraska while standing in Ohio. :oops::oops:

That's as much on the officials as it is on the head coach. :mad: Unless the number the player was wearing was 00,0, or triple digits, the foul was likely for not having enough players (5) numbered 50-79 on the line of scrimmage.
Had this happen again last Friday. This time to my son. He went trotting out to play left tackle wearing #32. I thought "this won't last long".
First series, nothing
Second series, same
Third series, nada
Fourth series, down 21-0 on a third down, flag goes up. They point to my kid, he looks down at his jersey and runs to the sideline. Grabs #52 from a kid on the sideline, heads back out next play and finishes the game playing both ways.
The officials also gave him grief because he was a captain and they couldn't find him at halftime with the new number.
Was a fun game though...

Had this happen again last Friday. This time to my son. He went trotting out to play left tackle wearing #32. I thought "this won't last long".
First series, nothing
Second series, same
Third series, nada
Fourth series, down 21-0 on a third down, flag goes up. They point to my kid, he looks down at his jersey and runs to the sideline. Grabs #52 from a kid on the sideline, heads back out next play and finishes the game playing both ways.
The officials also gave him grief because he was a captain and they couldn't find him at halftime with the new number.
Was a fun game though...
Just to clarify, there's nothing wrong with him being at LT wearing #32. However, there needs to be 5 players on the line of scrimmage wearing #50-79 for the formation to be legal. (not counting scrimmage kick situations)

I never noticed so many people worrying about uniform, equipment issues. I go to a game every Friday and none of this stuff ever crosses my mind. The people nitpicking about pads/ uniforms sound like a fun group of people to sit by at a football game........especially the ones who harken back to the days when they played and every player was padded up and jerseys were different and they played "real football".

I never noticed so many people worrying about uniform, equipment issues. I go to a game every Friday and none of this stuff ever crosses my mind. ...
Believe me, personally I don't care about any of that either. But as an official, I get a weekly bulletin and uniform issues are in there every week. No official wants to get a phone call from Columbus asking why we didn't enforce a rule.

I wore a neck roll in the 80s...because i thought it was cool...now they are losing pads to be coo
Part of the reason with smaller shouler pads(especially lineman), is that it gives less to grab hold of. I think though it has led to more shoulder injuries.

The uniform issue has been bothering the crap out of me the past 3 or 4 seasons. Every single game I go to has multiple players with jerseys rolled to expose their backplates with a giant logo on it and also exposing their bare stomach. Everyone has different socks, and so many different sweat bands on their arms and legs it is ridiculous. I also see tons of rubber band bracelets being worn, and every player has a different amount and different colors. And I see this in Cincy, NKY, and SE Indiana. This isn't isolated.
Can't have exposed backplate, matching socks don't matter, bracelets of any kind are a no no. Sweatband, I think there is some kind of rule, but don't have my books available.

I wore a neck roll in the 80s...because i thought it was cool...now they are losing pads to be cool
Was your coach a typing teacher?

stef.jpg

Can't have exposed backplate, matching socks don't matter, bracelets of any kind are a no no. Sweatband, I think there is some kind of rule, but don't have my books available.
I thought every player had to have the same color socks.

The back plate bugs me to death. There are multiple players in each game that do it and it's frustrating that we have rules in place but simply don't enforce them.

I thought every player had to have the same color socks.

The back plate bugs me to death. There are multiple players in each game that do it and it's frustrating that we have rules in place but simply don't enforce them.
Socks is an NFL rule. The NFL rules with uniform are stupid. Socks have to be up and matching. . But they don't enforce the mouth piece at all.