UC Bearcats 2020

ronnie mund

Malzhan basically averages 4-5 losses a year. I get that was in the sec, but that’s not really a great run at auburn.
Not sure I agree. In terms of win % Malzahn was above Auburn's all-time average, and is neck and neck with Auburn coaching great Ralph Jordan(stadium is named after him). I think Malzahn was right on par for Auburn. And that's with the greatest college coach ever as your division rival. Take a look at their year-by-year results. It's a bunch of 5-9 win seasons sandwiched between a 10-12 win season every 3-5 years.

eastside_purple

Not sure I agree. In terms of win % Malzahn was above Auburn's all-time average, and is neck and neck with Auburn coaching great Ralph Jordan(stadium is named after him). I think Malzahn was right on par for Auburn. And that's with the greatest college coach ever as your division rival. Take a look at their year-by-year results. It's a bunch of 5-9 win seasons sandwiched between a 10-12 win season every 3-5 years.

Guess I never really realized how meh of a program Auburn is outside of a few outstanding years. Still, a 670 win percentage is kind of a yawner. Maybe I’m wrong. Certainly will be easier to win in the aac vs the sec though.

Auggie

UC Tackle James Hudson ranked#5 Tackle on NFL.com. That’s as high as I’ve seen for him. Apparently his stock is rising.

He is memorable, only offensive player I have seen get ejected for targeting. Not to beat a dead horse but this guy probably cost UC a NY 6 Bowl W.

Termite2

Any word of UC going back out to play UCLA in the Rose Bowl stadium? I attended that game a couple years ago and the setting in Pasadena was spectacular!

They are not in the OOC schedule for the next 10 years. There are openings in 2024, 2025 & 2027-2031 for UC; the first OOC open date for UCLA is 2027

Crusaders

Indoor practice facility by 2026?

What’s the word on a future indoor practice facility for football? Do you think athletic director John Cunningham brushed off the new locker rooms and is potentially stringing Luke Fickell and company along with this? — Hunter S.

I got a few questions about the indoor practice facility. First of all, I don’t think the limited scope of the new football locker room combined with talk of an indoor facility was merely a ploy to placate Fickell, although the two projects certainly and reasonably have been conjoined together. As I wrote back in February (which feels like a million years ago), the financial impact of the pandemic did curtail the funding and scope of the locker room renovation, which originally was scheduled to start in January and be completed ahead of the 2021 season. Talk of an indoor facility did pick up steam during that process and remains a major project in an exploratory phase, but it is very much a real proposition. Fickell and the football program obviously want it, and it’s something Cunningham is committed to turning into a reality, although we’re still years away from shovels hitting the ground on what would be at least a $30 million undertaking with no established location.

The more immediate focus for all parties is on the locker room, which sources told The Athletic in February still would receive many of the original aesthetic upgrades with savings coming largely via value engineering measures, such as reductions to structural changes and updates for the showers and equipment room. The university recently announced the renovation funds, which were reduced from roughly $8 million to north of $4 million, have been fully secured. Upgrades to the nutrition area and team room are underway and should be done before the season kicks off. The locker room reno won’t start until January 2022 but credit to Fickell for continuing to cape for it, as well as Cunningham and the administration for making it happen amid unforeseen obstacles and unexpected belt-tightening.

The indoor practice facility becomes the next major enterprise, and it’s one that hopefully will manifest in the next five years for UC. If it does, pulling back on the locker room will prove a prudent and shrewd decision. Now it’s on the athletic department to make that happen — and do everything possible to ensure Fickell is still around to reap the benefits.

Auggie

One of my favorite NCAA football stadiums, how many stadiums are in the middle of the academic campus? I just wish the students & locals would support this team a little more and fill the place up for most games.