UC Bearcats

I've been surprised by the play of Ridder at QB. As East pointed out he needed to run with more authority and more often. The UC OC really crapped the bed today. If Fickle stays he needs to upgrade the offensive coaching.

This also puts to rest the notion that a team like UC should even sniff the playoffs. I root for the Bearcats but Georgia was missing all sorts of players and appeared to be sleepwalking through most of the game. If not for some bad breaks UG wins this game going away.

Now it's on to watching Catholics being fed to the Lions.

How so ?How to lose a football game.
I don't see it that way at all. They are WAY outmanned. I think OC could have made some calls away from 51 early in the half but you can't reteach an offense mid-game because you have no depth at a position. It's frustrating but yeah, teachable.

Talent wise UC definitely proved they were a legit top-10 or better team IMO, especially when you consider the guys that they had out including multiple starting offensive linemen after the targeting ejection.

The offense petered out at the end, but the bottom line is they totally botched the clock management at the end between snapping it early on multiple live clock plays and by not running on 3rd and 2. Best case scenario for UGA should have been getting the ball back with somewhere between 30-40 seconds and UC gave them a 1:28.

Marcus Freeman's stock is going to go through the roof over the coming weeks.

Talent wise UC definitely proved they were a legit top-10 or better team IMO, especially when you consider the guys that they had out including multiple starting offensive linemen after the targeting ejection.

The offense petered out at the end, but the bottom line is they totally botched the clock management at the end between snapping it early on multiple live clock plays and by not running on 3rd and 2. Best case scenario for UGA should have been getting the ball back with somewhere between 30-40 seconds and UC gave them a 1:28.

Marcus Freeman's stock is going to go through the roof over the coming weeks.

This.

I've been surprised by the play of Ridder at QB. As East pointed out he needed to run with more authority and more often. The UC OC really crapped the bed today. If Fickle stays he needs to upgrade the offensive coaching.

This also puts to rest the notion that a team like UC should even sniff the playoffs. I root for the Bearcats but Georgia was missing all sorts of players and appeared to be sleepwalking through most of the game. If not for some bad breaks UG wins this game going away.

Now it's on to watching Catholics being fed to the Lions.
UC missing arguably two of their top 3 players on defense. Missing their starting RB and two offensive linemen. Let's not go there. UC was playing just as short handed today.

Denbrock called a miserable 2nd half. Break off a 79-yard TD Run, then call 6 consecutive passes with 2 straight 3 and outs. Final drive of the game for UC, they pick up the 1st down, then snap the ball twice with 10 seconds on the playclock and clock running. The last snap on 3rd and 2 should have been closer to 1:15-1:20 instead of 1:34. Then them without ANY timeouts you inexcusable throw the ball on the 3rd and 2. Even if you don't get the 1st down, you run off 40 seconds. Take a delay of game or timeout with less than 30 seconds left for them to drive into FG range. Pathetic by the offensive staff.

UGA had a whopping 44 yds. rushing, UC was not out manned.

It wasnt Cinci's defense that struggled. Did you really need me to specify the other side of the ball in my comment, you couldn't infer the obvious? They did not have the offensive depth, there were outmanned. After the targeting, they were playing two sophs on the most important position on the O-Line. If you're simply stating that a couple different play calls on O WOULD have turned the outcome. Agree to disagree. If you're stating a couple different play calls on O MIGHT have turned the outcome, well duh. It was a close game.

You have to blame the coaches mostly for that loss. The clock management and play calling was Steelers level bad. Ridder needs to be smart at the end too and just hold onto the ball even though it's a called pass play, or if its an RPO, run for as long as he can then take a sack if there's nothing available. The clock should have never stopped after UGA took their last TO

3rd and 2....1:30 on the clock and you throw the ball! Coaching staff lost that game!
Georgia, no timeouts.....

How does it put to rest the notion of UC being in a playoff? They took a Top 10 team to the wire lol

To be clear Crusaders I'm talking about the current four team playoff. Georgia didn't get a sniff at the playoffs and just won a close game with UC. My thinking is that teams like UC might go undefeated but at best that puts them at about the #10 -12 spot - no where near getting into playoffs.

Now expand the playoffs to 12 games and an undefeated UC has a place.

The following by ADSELDER09 is spot on...

Denbrock called a miserable 2nd half. Break off a 79-yard TD Run, then call 6 consecutive passes with 2 straight 3 and outs. Final drive of the game for UC, they pick up the 1st down, then snap the ball twice with 10 seconds on the playclock and clock running. The last snap on 3rd and 2 should have been closer to 1:15-1:20 instead of 1:34. Then them without ANY timeouts you inexcusable throw the ball on the 3rd and 2. Even if you don't get the 1st down, you run off 40 seconds. Take a delay of game or timeout with less than 30 seconds left for them to drive into FG range. Pathetic by the offensive staff.

3rd and 2....1:30 on the clock and you throw the ball! Coaching staff lost that game!
Georgia, no timeouts.....
I can't find a clip to refresh my memory. Minus the long run by Ford and the run by the punter, I believe they had negative second half run yardage or pretty close. Georgia hand hands on the RB behind the line on at least a couple plays I recall. The ball had to be in Ridder's hands with a run-pass option. I'm thinking the pass might have been Ridder's decision.

I can't find a clip to refresh my memory. Minus the long run by Ford and the run by the punter, I believe they had negative second half run yardage or pretty close. Georgia hand hands on the RB behind the line on at least a couple plays I recall. The ball had to be in Ridder's hands with a run-pass option. I'm thinking the pass might have been Ridder's decision.
I think he threw it late , he throws it 1/2 second earlier it’s a touchdown

ND is better than UC. You can’t understate UGA being without 7-8 starters.

You can considering UC was without 4 starters to start the game, 2 of which we all-americans and 1 was their 2nd best offensive player. Then they lose another starter for the 2nd half, in which UGA just abused his replacement. UGA only offense in the 1st half were two long passes that don't happen if Wiggins and Gardner play.

Also only 2 or 3 of Georgia opt outs were true impact players, the rest were backups or situational players.

The following by ADSELDER09 is spot on...

The loss of Hudson led to Ridder having no real time to throw in the 2nd half. I'm also confused why Whyle was not more a part of the offense this year. He is clearly your best pass catching TE and has made big plays all season including the 1st half but was barely in the 2nd half. He and Pierce just seem to disappear for long periods of times even though they seemed to be the best receivers all year.

You can considering UC was without 4 starters to start the game, 2 of which we all-americans and 1 was their 2nd best offensive player. Then they lose another starter for the 2nd half, in which UGA just abused his replacement. UGA only offense in the 1st half were two long passes that don't happen if Wiggins and Gardner play.

Also only 2 or 3 of Georgia opt outs were true impact players, the rest were backups or situational players.
UC had 2 AA, since when?

I am fine with saying the 4 who were out initially, but can not use the OL as an excuse, he did it to himself and his own team. That’s like saying “well if he had just caught that one pass, we win”, or “stopped them on that last drive”. Every decision and play and penalty matters. Guy cost his team, sure, but can’t use that as an excuse since it was within the game and the guy did it to himself.