Troy Davis out as Louisville Leopards Head Coach

Is this the guy that is/was at Austin Peay? Interestingly enough, he is no longer shown on the Assistant Coach links on AP's website. Looks like he has a great background; also looks like a huge step backwards given his meteoric rise on College scene.
Kappas is a character guy and will be a great hire. I can't say for certain but my gut tells me with a young family he and his wife may want to get closer to their families by coming to Louisville. Plus the time constraints of being away from your family will be considerably less.

I'm excited for Louisville if/when this becomes official. They got a good one

Is this the guy that is/was at Austin Peay? Interestingly enough, he is no longer shown on the Assistant Coach links on AP's website. Looks like he has a great background; also looks like a huge step backwards given his meteoric rise on College scene.
The decision became final on the last few days.
I heard an announcement coming tomorrow but cannot confirm when it will be officially announced.

If this is the guy they picked....he has the background to coach football.....doesn't mention one thing thou....parents

If this is the guy they picked....he has the background to coach football.....doesn't mention one thing thou....parents

If I am not mistaken … he played/coached at Mount Union for a while … seemed like a very good/intense coach

It's official, Chris Kappas is the new head football coach of the Louisville Leopards. Welcome to Louisville and best of luck!

It's official, Chris Kappas is the new head football coach of the Louisville Leopards. Welcome to Louisville and best of luck!
This is a great hire! The process seemed much better this time around. People now need to give this young man full control and turn him loose. It will take this program a handful of years to get turned around. The numbers are low and nothing will change overnight. Sit back and enjoy the ride, we are lucky to get a coach of this caliber.

Just saw the official release that Chris Kappas was named as the head coach. This guy's resume' is impressive. Got to be exciting for Louisville fans.

Great hire for the Leps but what a weird career choice by a guy who was seemingly in line for real consideration for prestigious college jobs

This is a great hire! The process seemed much better this time around. People now need to give this young man full control and turn him loose. It will take this program a handful of years to get turned around. The numbers are low and nothing will change overnight. Sit back and enjoy the ride, we are lucky to get a coach of this caliber.
Admin did it right this time, and it showed in the quantity of quality of applicants.
This is a next level guy at the next level, give him some time and the keys to the whole program and good things will come.

Great hire for the Leps but what a weird career choice by a guy who was seemingly in line for real consideration for prestigious college jobs
My thoughts as well.

Perhaps he missed the area after being at Mount Union for 7-8 years? Maybe he wanted to be back closer to his Pittsburgh family roots?

Would you really want to be in Clarksville, TN., and hear the chants "Let's Go Peay" over and over again?

Wow! Great get for the Leps...great football community and hope they get back to where they were in the Farrah days with long playoff runs.

Does anyone know if he is going to be teaching in the building? Maybe have him become the AD? That would help with our scheduling problems.

Footballdad23 - how do you know this is false? I can tell you playing for the guy he told many of us that he was done coaching after each season. Coach Rohr would run the weight room and then summer time came and Budd was there coaching. It was a very strange situation. He is the oddest person I’ve ever met in my life.
I also have it on good authority that Budd, multiple times, made it sound like he was seriously thinking about walking away at the end of a season. It seemed like he had one foot in and one foot out.

Is he going to be an administrator? Teacher? What’s his regular job going to be? Certainly it’s not full time football coach.