Troy Davis out as Louisville Leopards Head Coach

My Louievillie sources tell me it's Sarbaugh's job if he want's it
interesting. I think this fits the theory of he may be one of the top cadidates and he fits the best with what positions they have available to offer within the school as well.

It’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out. No secret that our AD came from Hoover, and I’m sure there’s been “off the record” conversations (actually I’m pretty positive). As far as résumé’s go, I’d say there’s 4 that I know of that have the résumé’s that pass the eye test. That leaves the question of which one fits the program the best long term, and I’m not sold that this is Sarbaugh’s “dream job” so to speak. I don’t want a guy (no matter how good he might be), that leaves the program for greener pastures in a couple years. I’m looking for a long term solution, and I know there’s no guarantees.

It’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out. No secret that our AD came from Hoover, and I’m sure there’s been “off the record” conversations (actually I’m pretty positive). As far as résumé’s go, I’d say there’s 4 that I know of that have the résumé’s that pass the eye test. That leaves the question of which one fits the program the best long term, and I’m not sold that this is Sarbaugh’s “dream job” so to speak. I don’t want a guy (no matter how good he might be), that leaves the program for greener pastures in a couple years. I’m looking for a long term solution, and I know there’s no guarantees.
Interesting stat, 31 seasons prior to end of 2018, Louisville had only three Head coaching changes, going back to 1988 - Crislip, Farrah, and Demarco. Including next season, the past five seasons Louisville will have three different Head Coaches. Yes, I concur long term solution would be nice.

I hope Louisville finally gets it right this time. That community always supports their teams and deserves a winner.

I know some have said Broc Dial wouldn't be interested, but I hope he applied and would be seriously considered. To me, he would be a better fit for Louisville than some others mentioned here.

Only question is will he stay at Dalton for as long as he wants to coach? Or until Northwest is open? Or does Louisville really appeal to him?

It's probably not realistic, but I'm holding out hope it will happen for the Leps football program.

I know some have said Broc Dial wouldn't be interested, but I hope he applied and would be seriously considered. To me, he would be a better fit for Louisville than some others mentioned here.

Only question is will he stay at Dalton for as long as he wants to coach? Or until Northwest is open? Or does Louisville really appeal to him?

It's probably not realistic, but I'm holding out hope it will happen for the Leps football program.
He had the opportunity to take Northwest already and turned it down, he likes Dalton. Much closer to a state title there than he would be at either of the other schools

Last i heard Shepas was the assistant principal and assistant football coach at Mooney. Always struck me as blue collar tough coach that didn't put up with a bunch of nonsense. His roots from the Canfield poland area fit that of the Louisville area. To me he would be more of a long term solution for the lepards even though he's 56 years young

Last edited:
Shep is 57 and currently in charge of a public/private job training program at YSU.

If he goes to Louisville he needs totally unleashed but I don't think that results in a 10 game schedule, lol.

It’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out. No secret that our AD came from Hoover, and I’m sure there’s been “off the record” conversations (actually I’m pretty positive). As far as résumé’s go, I’d say there’s 4 that I know of that have the résumé’s that pass the eye test. That leaves the question of which one fits the program the best long term, and I’m not sold that this is Sarbaugh’s “dream job” so to speak. I don’t want a guy (no matter how good he might be), that leaves the program for greener pastures in a couple years. I’m looking for a long term solution, and I know there’s no guarantees
I think only 1 person in the world has Louisville as their dream job and that’s the guy you just fired. Football is #3 or #4 in the sports pecking order now. Just in front of Cross Country

Last i heard Shepas was the assistant principal and assistant football coach at Mooney. Always struck me as blue collar tough coach that didn't put up with a bunch of nonsense. His roots from the Canfield poland area fit that of the Louisville area. To me he would be more of a long term solution for the lepards even though he's 56 years young
Shepas would be as close to a perfect fit as Louisville could get. He would have to have total control of the program. He is a great leader and would probably help all sports. He did a nice job a Waynesburg University. It would be a vey exciting time if the Leopards landed him.

They need to just hire Tim Budd as he has a proven record vs the Fed since that is the schedule they are playing for the time being.
Bet they struggle to iron out the teaching portion of bringing him on though.
think this would be a great hire for the program. depending on who you talk to at Jackson, you can hear many of stories about why he stepped down.. one of the most common ones.. wanted to quit for sometime but they kept talking him into staying.. more reasonable excuse outside pressure from the JYFA board to get their guy in.. lately in youth sports.. its who you know and how fast their pen can write..

think this would be a great hire for the program. depending on who you talk to at Jackson, you can hear many of stories about why he stepped down.. one of the most common ones.. wanted to quit for sometime but they kept talking him into staying.. more reasonable excuse outside pressure from the JYFA board to get their guy in.. lately in youth sports.. its who you know and how fast their pen can write..
Your JFA board story is spot on. They caught admin off guard too because they didn't know. So IMO they decided to back the push for Rohr because his jersey is retired. Also, if you're Budd, why would you want to keep coaching when there is an active push from boosters to supplant you with one of your assistants.

However, Budd would be a solid choice for Louisville.

Shepas is intriguing if he is actually interested.

Sarbaugh to me is the trendy pick but I just don't think it the best one unless he fits the jobs they have available, because they need their coach to work in the building

Last edited:
Your JFA board story is spot on. They caught admin off guard too because they didn't know. So IMO they decided to back the push for Rohr because his jersey is retired. Also, if you're Budd, why would you want to keep coaching when there is an active push from boosters to supplant you with one of your assistants.

However, Budd would be a solid choice for Louisville.

Shepas is intriguing if he is actually interested.

Sarbaugh to me is the trendy pick but I just don't think it the best one unless he fits the jobs they have available, because they need their coach to work in the building
Per my L'Ville sources, Shepas has applied for the job