Trotwood Madison @ Fairmont, Week 2

New Breed

The Rams look to get their first win of the season vs a very confident Fairmont team who stunned defending regional champion and very talented Alter. Despite the score vs Winton Woods, the Trotwood defense played well, if not for some special teams miscues, we may have had a different result. Both squads have a lot to prove Friday!

Those undersized dudes were part of the game plan vs. the spread and Winton Woods. There will be some beef on the line Friday night. They have to vs. the Firebird "Single Wing". The front will look different. More beef up front, fast dudes standing up trying to flow to the ball.

Trotwood's defense is good. There are probably 4-5 college level athletes. With the big kid Blackshear being a sure fire Division 1 recruit with a few offers already. Now that offense is yet to be desired. Very young 7-8 sophomores out there at any given time. Coach Graham has some work to do with these young kids and finding a running game is a start. The tracks of the Hargrove, Green and Gilbert's have yet to be filled.

Not giving a prediction but if Firebirds get up early and Rams have not improved offensively that D could be on the field all night. Graham has two chips so I am sure he has something up his sleeve. We will see.

Those undersized dudes were part of the game plan vs. the spread and Winton Woods. There will be some beef on the line Friday night. They have to vs. the Firebird "Single Wing". The front will look different. More beef up front, fast dudes standing up trying to flow to the ball.

Trotwood's defense is good. There are probably 4-5 college level athletes. With the big kid Blackshear being a sure fire Division 1 recruit with a few offers already. Now that offense is yet to be desired. Very young 7-8 sophomores out there at any given time. Coach Graham has some work to do with these young kids and finding a running game is a start. The tracks of the Hargrove, Green and Gilbert's have yet to be filled.

Not giving a prediction but if Firebirds get up early and Rams have not improved offensively that D could be on the field all night. Graham has two chips so I am sure he has something up his sleeve. We will see.
I agree 100%. Trotwood has to move the ball with some consistency and for the love of God, not give up field position on special teams.

Coach Miller will make a football game about as fun as going to the dentist if you let Fairmont play the style they prefer. As mentioned above, they want to grind the run and grind the clock. They shorten the game and can level the playing field by doing so. With Trotwood being young and a little inconsistent on offense, I think Fairmont wins. I'll say:

Fairmont 14
Trotwood Madison 7

I think the Trotwood-Defense is too good to give up 35. They only really gave up 7 to Winton Woods and that was on a flukey missed tackle in the middle of the field. Everything else was punt snaps football follies!! But that's football, so that other 11 WW scored counts.

If Twood can muster any type of running game and get that greenness off those young guys they might be dangerous this year. I think I was told at the game last week that at one time t 17 of the 22 players on the field, offense and defense were sophomores. That is a huge number of young kids especially coming off the Covid-19 season of last year with no real training pre season. So really those youngins are like freshmen with one true offseason under their belts.

Regardless all that stuff don't matter. It's still a game that has to be played and unfortunate for the Rams the 1901 offense having firebirds could care less. Trotwood needs to score some points tonight or that good defense might crack and give up few TD's tonight. :oops:

If the youth and talent on offense start to click though.....Who knows???

Ground and pound, more ground and pound, and then more ground and pound for Fairmont. I see them winning a low scoring game