Trivia thread

sehs95

U.S. American
I'll ask a trivia question about St. Edward. Whoever gets it right asks the next question.

Name 3 different Brother James' that have been at St. Edward?

Joe C was none other than Brother Joe Chvala. He taught English. Now he helps students with essays for college in the library.

In the Triple AAA raffle, what has been the prize for 1st place for a couple of years now? Super Easy

EagleSE,
You dropped the ball because you didn't ask your trivia question after getting the question right.
This thread will have to wait for you to come back on and ask a question. I am sure you will come up with a tough one.

EagleSE said:
Name all the head wrestling coaches that have guided St. Eds program.

1. Figlar
2. Ferguson
3. Urbas

OK...Mine is a four part question. Anyone can answer except for EagleSE.

1.Name the team St.Edward played in the 2nd round of the playoffs in 1986.

2.Where was the game played at?

3.Name the player from St.Edward who scored the 1st Touchdown of that game for the Eagles..

4.How long was the touchdown run?

This is a tough one that I don't think anyone will get.

1. Berea
2. Finnie Stadium (neutral site? yeah right)
3. Chris Williams
4. 95 yards (he went for nearly 300)

EagleFan said:
1. Berea
2. Finnie Stadium (neutral site? yeah right)
3. Chris Williams
4. 95 yards (he went for nearly 300)

Eaglefan,

You have 2 of the 4 right. I won't say which two.:confused:

EagleSE,

You answered only 2 of the 4 questions. You need to answer all four yourself. I never told EagleFan what he got right. Plus, you were wrong!

Try again

GencoEd,

Good question. Put all 4 of your answers together. If it is 100% right I will say. Until then I just will tell you that nobody has got it right yet. That is for you guys to figure out for yourselves without me giving it away. Some people are close.

Ok, I'm certain it was against Berea. Ed's wins 42-10....they played Midpark the first week of the playoffs.

No....That was Williams last TD run that went down the right (Berea side) sideline against Berea. Chris did run 95 yards on that TD.

EagleSE said:
3. Ed Konopka wingback trap, made the game 10-7 and we never looked back. Was about 55 yards.

EagleSE,

By the way.
The Eagles went up 7-3 after their 1st TD and were trailing Berea 10-7 after the 1st quarter.:rolleyes:

Ed Konopka - 66 yards down the left sideline!!!!

...What's my name Edge - say my name!!!! ;) :D :laugh:

A small FYI for us Ed's guys...

Chris Williams had 368 yards, 6 TD's against Midpark during 1st week of the playoffs.

Playoff game #2 he had 295 and 4 TD's...

I think most of us don't realize just how great Williams was!

Your name is GencoEd and your right.

FYI...

Willaims had 26 carries for 182 yards and a TD in Playoff (State Semi-Finals) game # 3 against Austintown-Fitch at the Akron Rubber Bowl. The Eagles won that game 30-0.

Playoff game # 4 was against Fairfield in the State Championship at the Horseshoe in Columbus. Williams carried 33 times for 185 yards and 3 TD's. The last game before the playoffs was against Elyria Catholic. Williams went for for 243 yards on 25 carries and 4 TD's.

I don't think St.Edward people today realize how great the St.Edward offensive line was that year. Teams stacked the line of scrimmage and the Eagles still blew people off the ball. Overall in my opinion the greatest St.Edward football team in history.

:thumb:

Which popular teacher was commonly referred to as "NORM"?

Edge - if you're interested, I have the 2 PD articles from the Berea game. Let me know and I'll email them to you.