Transfers and player movement

Lionel Armstead has already recruited in 2 seniors and a Junior. Poor kids don’t even know they’re gonna have to sit out the second half of the season yet.

Lionel Armstead has already recruited in 2 seniors and a Junior. Poor kids don’t even know they’re gonna have to sit out the second half of the season yet.
To Clay??? Are they OE or returning to home district?

I saw on another thread that Dover lost a player to St. Thomas Aquinas. Don't know much about Dover, but I know that Schools like St Thomas and CCC are having to reach further out for athletes, due to how deep St V and Hoban are coming into Stark County for athletes.
Getting harder for STA and CCC to draw Stark players. They will probably have to keep reaching into Tuscarawas county and Carrol county to filling their position needs. The best Summit county players are locked up by St V and Hoban. And Hoban is doing a very good job of become more then just Football. Their recent success in bball and baseball will keep drawing talent. They ha e done a good job of know what positions they are weak in, and finding the players to fill in.

A bona fide move is the first exception in the transfer bylaws. Someone is going to have to prove the move was purely athletic and I think that is a steep hill.
I agree, but just because you move it isn't guaranteed you won't have to sit.

A bona fide move is the first exception in the transfer bylaws. Someone is going to have to prove the move was purely athletic and I think that is a steep hill.
There's a lot of "bona fide" moves out there. Why not Clay?

This appears to be a very popular thread and I'm just curious, not that I care one way or another. There was at time when transferring in high school for sports purposes and playing immediately was not allowed. Today not so much.

So my question is this, do kids transfer more now simply because they can?

This appears to be a very popular thread and I'm just curious, not that I care one way or another. There was at time when transferring in high school for sports purposes and playing immediately was not allowed. Today not so much.

So my question is this, do kids transfer more now simply because they can?
I honestly dont think it is any different than before, I think social media has made it seem more prevalent but also one time transfer seems to be the basis behind folks not being afraid to miss the last 11 because you can say you're transferring for any reason and the players are eligible

Per Jake Woolards Twitter- he has transferred out of Clay and taken his talents to Genoa Ohio. + 3 for LA but the first has seen enough and bounced out of there.

What is HS supposed to be about exactly? A lot of HS is about preparing yourself for you future and hopefully that leads to some success. Choosing a high school based on education or extra curricular activities or programs like music, band, baseball, art, etc just does not bother me .

It doesn't bother me when some kid picks a high school for art or violin and I feel the same way if a baseball player chooses Walsh or Moeller because that is his hobby/interest.

I respect the fact that it does bother people. To each their own. I should also point out I don't have kids..just a sports fan.
Its supposed to be about a group of kids playing for their community.

If you build it, they will come. What is wrong with sending your kid to a school where if he or she performs well they will probably be in line for a scholly. You don't see many scouts in any sport lining up to see a public school contest simply because there is not the same quantity of potential athletes going to the next level. If you have an above average athlete in any sport and are willing to cough up the tuition money in exchange for more eyeballs on Johnny or Joanie then go for it. I have no problem with kids in private and/or parochial schools simply because there are as many non athletes that attend these schools for reasons other than an athletic scholarship. If you want to rag on private and/or parochial schools for imbalance then take your petitions to the state legislature and/or the OHSAA and have them rework the rules and regs. So tired of the whining and low information posters that can't get it through their thick skulls that this is a free and open marketplace in all endeavors including education. GBM 💪 ⚾
If the kid is good enough they'll get noticed no matter where they play. Most recruiting today happens in camps and AAU which has nothing to do with your hs team.

What is HS supposed to be about exactly? A lot of HS is about preparing yourself for you future and hopefully that leads to some success. Choosing a high school based on education or extra curricular activities or programs like music, band, baseball, art, etc just does not bother me .

It doesn't bother me when some kid picks a high school for art or violin and I feel the same way if a baseball player chooses Walsh or Moeller because that is his hobby/interest.

I respect the fact that it does bother people. To each their own. I should also point out I don't have kids..just a sports fan.
Name ALL the students you are aware of who transferred to another school because of music, band or art. I'll wait.

Name all the students you are aware of who transferred to another school because of its music, band or art programs. I'll wait.

This is an awful statement. There may be less than 10% that do this. There needs to be an in depth story done on just how few kids get a basketball scholarship. D1's yes for most, D2, particials at best and after that it's pay to play. How many people pay thousands of dollars for decade for their kid to play AAU ball to get recognized, only to pay another 4-5 years of college?? The whole process is ridiculous.
So just last year, in Ohio, the entire final four D1 baseball teams ( Northview, Kenston, Grove City, and Mason) were all public schools.

And, 3 of those 4 teams knocked off a private school (St I, Walsh, Moe) in their regional final to advance to the final four.

Were you whining about equality last year? 🤔
Cherry picking ONE year.

I could name a couple hundred in Dayton area alone who switched for theater or performing arts. Dayton Stivers -School of Performing Arts, is even in its name. Miami Valley, private school, offers scholarships to kids who excel in art, music and athletics.
Name names....and document them.

Cherry picking ONE year.
I would say - without looking - basketball is a / can be a private school advantage due to easy transfer rules and it just takes fewer kids to build a winner in basketball. Baseball tends to be more public school, less transfers. I suppose if you grabbed the best pitchers in an area and all transferred to a private school they would dominate, but I don't think I've ever heard of that.