Transfers and player movement

Lol sometimes its best for both program and player sometimes it just doesn't make sense
I guess 🤷‍♂️…just a sign of the times.i am happy when It does work out. Just hate it when its done underhanded and for all the wrong reasons. I do agree at times it’s beneficial for both parties tho

I guess 🤷‍♂️…just a sign of the times.i am happy when It does work out. Just hate it when its done underhanded and for all the wrong reasons. I do agree at times it’s beneficial for both parties tho
Definitely love when it works out just think some parents and players are so blinded by the end goal they forget about the process

Definitely love when it works out just think some parents and players are so blinded by the end goal they forget about the process
Yes sir! Recently at our local school we lost our QB who transferred yet his brother stayed at current school. So the one brother played baseball at new school and his brother did track at another school yet they both lived in same beautiful house . Transfering brother drove 40 minutes one way since dilapidated house they rented doesn’t have running water lol

Yes sir! Recently at our local school we lost our QB who transferred yet his brother stayed at current school. So the one brother played baseball at new school and his brother did track at another school yet they both lived in same beautiful house . Transfering brother drove 40 minutes one way since dilapidated house they rented doesn’t have running water lol
That's insanity 😂

The transfer rumor mill in Dayton going crazy so far...
BJ Hatcher Dunbar ----> Northmont
Javen Vaughn West Carrolton ----> Northmont
Wes Enis Miami East ----> Centerville -or- Wayne
Chylan Ingram West Carrolton ----> Dunbar
Wes Enis - - - > Troy Christian as well possibly....

One of the few times I've seen an influx of transfers work was in 1981 when Fred Johnson, Ike Thornton from Wilbur Wright HS transferred to Roth HS and they won the AAA basketball state championship and Keith Byars transferred from Trotwood to Roth to get Roth football over the hump as they made the playoffs 2 consecutive years when it was extremely difficult to make the playoffs (4 teams per region) back then. Keith was also a backup forward on the 81' hoop team that won it all and a starter on the 82' state championship basketball team.

Why in the world would you leave Dunbar for Northmont. I thought Dixon was doing a good job over there and rumored to be bringing D Powell on the staff

It's been enough years now, I suppose there's no harm in mentioning it, but Graham wrestling had a kid who won a state title as a freshman at Wayne "rent" a house in Christianburg that was dilapidated and vacant. He never sat foot in that house according to his dad, and drove from Huber Heights to St Paris every day. He won three more state titles at Graham , both individual and team. Made me wonder how local Grahams wrestling program was at the time?

It's been enough years now, I suppose there's no harm in mentioning it, but Graham wrestling had a kid who won a state title as a freshman at Wayne "rent" a house in Christianburg that was dilapidated and vacant. He never sat foot in that house according to his dad, and drove from Huber Heights to St Paris every day. He won three more state titles at Graham , both individual and team. Made me wonder how local Grahams wrestling program was at the time?
Been a while since Graham wrestling was local.

Anything new with this post?

Anything new with this post?

Scratch Wes Enis off for the moment.

Who collects the Rent at this dilapidated,vacant home you speak of? Does the landlord “make up” a lease? Sorry this weird stuff always makes my mind wonder.

Who collects the Rent at this dilapidated,vacant home you speak of? Does the landlord “make up” a lease? Sorry this weird stuff always makes my mind wonder.
The dad I spoke with said a athletic booster had found the property several years prior, and had "leased " it to athletes. I remember looking it up on the Champaign county auditors site and it had sold for $23,000 back in 2004 (?) . The rent was property tax and insurance , which was about $75 a month. It eventually was re sold.

The dad I spoke with said a athletic booster had found the property several years prior, and had "leased " it to athletes. I remember looking it up on the Champaign county auditors site and it had sold for $23,000 back in 2004 (?) . The rent was property tax and insurance , which was about $75 a month. It eventually was re sold.
No type of fraud involved there? Where do “leased” and “vacant” go together?

I'm going to have to challenge this....you are saying "most" schools that "recruit" have addresses they use over and over within their district? Can you add more context?
If coaches at schools actively recruit would imagine they have a few houses that transfers rent or cheaper apartment complexes in the district families use as a loophole around transfer bylaws. How else are public schools that recruit getting around the transfer guidelines and getting players to not sit out?

Why in the world would you leave Dunbar for Northmont. I thought Dixon was doing a good job over there and rumored to be bringing D Powell on the staff
Last year Dunbar's JV was not that good, not much talent. Dixon has done a great job in the three years he's been there but he has benefitted from transfers and bringing in his guys from his AAU teams that were at other schools to get him going; whatever it takes however, not much left. What's weird is on paper for next season Belmont and Stivers have the most varsity experience coming back.

Last edited:
If coaches at schools actively recruit would imagine they have a few houses that transfers rent or cheaper apartment complexes in the district families use as a loophole around transfer bylaws. How else are public schools that recruit getting around the transfer guidelines and getting players to not sit out?
Ok, this statement sounds much less definitive than your last. I can't say this has never happened, but I think using the same property over and over would be nearly impossible.

I do know of a local district that has a family very interested in taking in kids in need, fortunately they always seem to be ballers as well. Quite lucky for the program in that district ;)