Transfer Portal

I want the best player who is at the school for the right reasons. That said, I’m tired of people like you who are out of touch with reality. A bunch of untalented, undersized tryhards aren’t winning anything.
In the past few yrs Elder has been really close to state titles in football and baseball. They alsoreached the number one ranking statewide in basketball last year, that is reality.

If I'm out of touch with your reality I must be in a pretty good place.
Sports are about teaching life lessons. And one important lesson to learn is hard work doesn’t guarantee you anything.

In the past few yrs Elder has been really close to state titles in football and baseball. They alsoreached the number one ranking statewide in basketball last year, that is reality.
To actually win in football, they need a handful of better athletes. I actually think you can win bball with lesser athletes.

No kidding captain obvious, and talent doesn’t guarantee anything either.
Guarantees more than hard work. There’s a reason a team of walk ons isn’t playing in the college football playoff.

Nope, that’s why I can cut through the bs. You need talent and effort to win, but talent is the more important aspect of that equation.

So, in reality, you have not idea what you are talking about.

So, in reality, you have not idea what you are talking about.
I know what I’m talking about. I’ve seen enough games over the years to know what wins. You need talent (not necessarily D1) and a program culture centered on hard work. That said, the idea of a slow, under sized Rudy (movie, not Kyle Rudolph) type being more important than a D1 stud with a lesser work ethic is a lie.

Omar talking about how important D1 athletes are again
Nope, that’s why I can cut through the bs. You need talent and effort to win, but talent is the more important aspect of that equation.
Coaching, culture, and chemistry are more important than talent.

Did I miss where Ed’s had 3 D1 OL and 2 D1 DEs?
No you didn't, but they beat a Springfield who had more D1 athletes. And Springfield beat Moeller who had more D1 athletes than
Springfield.

I think you can see where this is going.

But again, to win state, it's all about D1 guys...... and passing (or as you say, being balanced).

No you didn't, but they beat a Springfield who had more D1 athletes. And Springfield beat Moeller who had more D1 athletes than
Springfield.

I think you can see where this is going.

But again, to win state, it's all about D1 guys...... and passing (or as you say, being balanced).
Springfield Had 5 D1 players: Norman, Brown, Bradley, Thigpen, and Scott. That’s the same number as Eds.

Springfield Had 5 D1 players: Norman, Brown, Bradley, Thigpen, and Scott. That’s the same number as Eds.
You forgot about Barnes at Springfield, who has an offer from Army. That is 1 more than Eds if I did my math correctly.

Sports are about teaching life lessons. And one important lesson to learn is hard work doesn’t guarantee you anything.
And, at the high school level, if the more talented kid isn't working hard at all a good and fair coach will play him less to give the hard-working kid more chances. At this level, there's a balance to be had. And, IMO, if a high school coach is that obsessed with winning, he shouldn't be coaching high school kids in the 1st place.

And, at the high school level, if the more talented kid isn't working hard at all a good and fair coach will play him less to give the hard-working kid more chances. At this level, there's a balance to be had. And, IMO, if a high school coach is that obsessed with winning, he shouldn't be coaching high school kids in the 1st place.
I agree about talent needing to work hard, but I disagree about not being obsessed with winning. As long as it’s not win at all costs/cheat, they should be obsessed with winning bc they’re crazy competitive.

P5 talent is a higher tier of D1. Kinda like how Blue Chip recruits are 4 and 5*, but 5* are seen as more elite.
But you still changed what you said. You always had a hard-on for D1 guys, and when proven wrong, you change it to P5 guys.

Just stick with something once instead of flip-flopping more than John Kerry.

Are you saying that because he didn't play the "game" he can't have an opinion?
Nope... I'm saying he's extremely caught up in the exploits of high school boy's sports. He seems to know a lot about grade school kids that play sports as well. Just seems really odd to me. Time to grow up and get some adult hobbies.

Nope... I'm saying he's extremely caught up in the exploits of high school boy's sports. He seems to know a lot about grade school kids that play sports as well. Just seems really odd to me. Time to grow up and get some adult hobbies.
I don’t know a lot about grade school kids. I only know about the Vols bc I have a friend with a kid on the team.