Toughest District Weight Class

Correct, but it was still follow your man for the first round. There were wrestle backs for every one else, but those that lost first round and the guy that beat them lost in the quarters. Those guys went 0-1 and were done. I believe as stated above you, true double elimination started in the 98/99 season when it went to the Shott.
It was also follow your man for the first round at districts too. I remember a kid from my high school won sectionals 2 years in a row, his Jr and Sr yrs and lost to a sectional 4th place in first round at districts both years and didn't get pulled back in either year. He was projected state placer both years and I think #2 his senior year, also he won Medina Invitational his senior year so he was good! Back in the early 90s when Medina might have been the toughest tournament in the state.

It was also follow your man for the first round at districts too. I remember a kid from my high school won sectionals 2 years in a row, his Jr and Sr yrs and lost to a sectional 4th place in first round at districts both years and didn't get pulled back in either year. He was projected state placer both years and I think #2 his senior year, also he won Medina Invitational his senior year so he was good! Back in the early 90s when Medina might have been the toughest tournament in the state.
I know in the 90s we went to Top Gun, and I think it had every top team in the state there (not sure about out of state teams). The brackets were brutal with top guys from each division in them (Marchette and Jayne wrestling a semi-final). They kept team score by division too (if I remember correctly). I know my senior year, my bracket was a tougher bracket than the state tournament. I'm sure that Medina was likely similar and probably tougher.

I know in the 90s we went to Top Gun, and I think it had every top team in the state there (not sure about out of state teams). The brackets were brutal with top guys from each division in them (Marchette and Jayne wrestling a semi-final). They kept team score by division too (if I remember correctly). I know my senior year, my bracket was a tougher bracket than the state tournament. I'm sure that Medina was likely similar and probably tougher.

Late 90's into Early 2000's, Medina was Ohio's toughest tournament outside of the Ironman. Every top team in Ohio was there for the most part. Some of those brackets were just ridiculously loaded. I watched 2x Champ Lenhard lose in the finals to a freshman CP Schlatter. I watched Harry Lester get beat by Rocky Laughlin only to have ref screw Laughlin and Lester won in OT. I watched Josh Wooten and Drew Opfer 2OT thriller won by Opfer. Lets not forget the Schlatter vs Metcalf match, which got an entire crowd to stand on its feet and clap for them before the match started. Sent chills down your spine!

Yes, Top Gun was tough too, St Eds and Walsh went to both back then along with most top teams in the state.

That year Brent was projected to finish third by the infamous Mr. Brakeman. The final outcome followed his prediction exactly in order minus Brent.
Interestingly, Brankmen was able to get the final placements exactly correct, INCLUDING the freak DQ'ing of Bein. Astonishing.

D3 175 @ Rossford is top heavy as it has Boro's 2-3-4-5 with 2-4-5 on the same half of the bracket.
Update through day 1: # 5 Dickman-Archbold beat #2 Endicott-Elmwood 2-1. Now #4 Berner-Ayersville vs #5 Dickman-Archbold in the semis. #3 Myers-Liberty Center vs #18 Rickle-Carey in the other semi while #2 Endicott-Elmwood fights his way through the consi's.

This is bracket from freestyle at Delta 7 or 8 out of 11 went on to wrestle D-1 and 5-6 were state finalist

Attachments

• 9C829D7E-DFFB-4E0F-99CF-33ACAAB1EC1D.jpeg
    9C829D7E-DFFB-4E0F-99CF-33ACAAB1EC1D.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 60
  • 24856C51-9610-44CA-8DDC-0B3DDF5CB447.jpeg
    24856C51-9610-44CA-8DDC-0B3DDF5CB447.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 50
These two look pretty tough

DIVISION 1
Districts
Perrysburg = PB North Canton Hoover = NCH
Kettering Fairmont = KF Hilliard Darby = HD

2. Rylan Seacrist (Brecksville) Freshman – NCH1
3. Emeric McBurney (Massillon Perry) Sophomore – NCH2
7. Luke Green (Aurora) Sophomore – NCH3
9. Becan Hahn (Mentor) Senior – NCH4
10. Blake Frantz (Wadsworth) Freshman – NCH5
11. Greyson Clemens (Uniontown Lake) Sophomore – NCH6

120 (especially the top half)
Projected Champion: Marcus Blaze (Perrysburg) Sophomore – PB1
2. Adam Butler (St. Edward) Sophomore – PB2
4. Micah Medina (Oregon Clay) Senior – PB3
9. Jaiden Sarabia (Toledo Whitmer) Sophomore – PB5
11. Ryan Kennedy (North Olmsted) Sophomore – PB7
Who is ranked nationally at 120 besides Blaze who will dismantle the field? Any Fargo As’s in the field? Ironman top 6 even?!

Late 90's into Early 2000's, Medina was Ohio's toughest tournament outside of the Ironman. Every top team in Ohio was there for the most part. Some of those brackets were just ridiculously loaded. I watched 2x Champ Lenhard lose in the finals to a freshman CP Schlatter. I watched Harry Lester get beat by Rocky Laughlin only to have ref screw Laughlin and Lester won in OT. I watched Josh Wooten and Drew Opfer 2OT thriller won by Opfer. Lets not forget the Schlatter vs Metcalf match, which got an entire crowd to stand on its feet and clap for them before the match started. Sent chills down your spine!
I saw the Schlater Lenhard match and watched Schlatter start fake crying while getting reversed to his back. Lenhard was a small 119, Schlater looked like a 130 in the finals.