Top teams and individuals in Dayton/ Cincy area?

baseball4ever

Just a friendly thread as to who everyone thinks are the top teams and individuals who will make a run at the state tournament this year from the Dayton/ Cincinnati area?

--Teams:

-CJ
-Stebbins
-Fairmont
-Troy
-Centerville
-Lasalle? (saw them bowl at the tourney, and i hear they are real good)

--Individuals:

-Curtiss Rasnic (CJ)
now im gonna start getting bad at names...

-Zach something (bowls for troy) i think it might be zach adams?
-Whoever anchors stebbins (kid throws an amazing ball, havent seen him throw a game below 230)

I would have to say Elder, Lasalle, Oak Hills, and maybe Harrison from Cincy and Troy, Fairmont, Centerville, Beavercreek and C-J from the Dayton area. As far as individuals go, I would say Sherrill, Brunson, a couple of kids from Lasalle (don't know their names), and the kid from Harrison (I believe his last name is Yeager). From Dayton you would have Scanlon from Centerville (2nd in state in 2005), Hobgood from Fairmont (had 290,300 in one set this year), Troy has a couple of kids led by Adams, Nick Barrett from Beavercreek, and the Rasnic kid from C-J (2005 state champion). These are only bowlers that I saw bowl this year in the Dayton/ Cincy area.

I would have to say Elder, Lasalle, Oak Hills, and maybe Harrison from Cincy and Troy, Fairmont, Centerville, Beavercreek and C-J from the Dayton area. As far as individuals go, I would say Sherrill, Brunson, a couple of kids from Lasalle (don't know their names), and the kid from Harrison (I believe his last name is Yeager). From Dayton you would have Scanlon from Centerville (2nd in state in 2005), Hobgood from Fairmont (had 290,300 in one set this year), Troy has a couple of kids led by Adams, Nick Barrett from Beavercreek, and the Rasnic kid from C-J (2005 state champion). These are only bowlers that I saw bowl this year in the Dayton/ Cincy area.

The kid from fairmont...i think his name is hunter (threw the 290, 300) was kind of a one hit wonder. That set was fantastic, but he played us the week after it and threw like 170-180. If i'm not mistaking, his average is only about 190. Not to take anything away from the guy, but i dont think he stands a chance at state.

kyle koester from roger bacon is a sophmore and should make a run at state. look for him in the next 2 seasons as well.

Results for both boys and girls sectional bowling matches are now posted on the Southwest District website. Follow the link below then scroll down to get the results.

http://swdab.org/bowling.htm

The District Championships next weekend in Middletown should be a real battle!

Sidney's Dru Olding finished 5th out of over 150 bowlers at the District tourney in Urbana. He finished with a 673 series.

This is only the 2nd year that Bowling has been an official sport at Sidney.

I heard the "Bandit" from St. Xavier is pretty good. Not sure what his real name is though

Sidney's Trent Knoop nearly had back-to-back 300's last night. Had a string of 23 consecutive strikes before leaving 3 pins on the final ball.

First 300 game in the teams brief history. Broke his old two game record of 533 set last January.

Fell just shy of the state record of 599.

Sidney's Trent Knoop nearly had back-to-back 300's last night. Had a string of 23 consecutive strikes before leaving 3 pins on the final ball.

First 300 game in the teams brief history. Broke his old two game record of 533 set last January.

Fell just shy of the state record of 599.

Dang Impressive!

Congrats Trent!