Top Seniors Next Season

well i would hope that hodges would have a better average considering he is older than martin.

rocket_golfer09 i never said public schools suck, just cincinnati public schools. the columbus public schools are obviously really good as they have won state the last two years...o wait that's right you probably wouldn't know since your school has never made it to state.

golfguy8 i was unaware that using a word like rant would incline you to assume i was a homosexual.

and if you want to start comparing public school golfers vs. private school golfers you need to compare then on a larger basis than just a comparison between two players. example...Alex Volpenhein is clearly better than Kyle Hodges (and he is two years younger).

over the past 5 years i would bet that st. x and moeller have had more guys play D1 college golf than all of the cincy public schools combined.

you can always tell who is better by the goals of the teams. example...when a public school gets to districts they feel like they have had a great season. on the other hand getting to districts for st.x and moe is kinda like wiping you --- or brushing your teeth...basically its expected.

:party:

I would like to mention several golfers as some of the best of the class of 2008. All the the following players have many great rounds and can beat each other on any given day. I have played with all of these players or have played in the same tournaments with them and have enjoyed the rounds. In no particular order:

Michael Oberschmidt - Good solid game
Chris Burger - Solid player
Dean Schneider - Best short game and putter in the area
Shawn Miller - Great length off tee
Justin Epure - Good emotional player
Jimmy Ionna - Good competitor

All of these players could play at the Division I level!!

golfguy8...you sound sooo stupid when you post on yappi so i would appreciate it if you stopped! and quit your argument with cincygolfer1234 he is right and you are dumb

Love,

Tiger Woods

i guess this kid hasnt heard of a kid by kyle hodges o and who happened to play out of the gmc that kicked alex martins --- or aka cincygolfer123 --- in high school and still today in college alex martin (78.3) with low 73 and kyle hodges (75.71) with low 69 if im not mistaking it looks to me that kyle is three strokes better than alex martin.:thumb:

well where to start? first of all i said and i quote "one of the best players to come through cincy in a while" so dont put words in my mouth. i did not say he was the best. and i believe it was beausejour from st.x who played well as a freshman not hodges. dont forget that amart is a freshman. i also think it should be noted that indiana(amarts school) plays a much higher quality of tournaments and better competition than xavier(hodges school) . according to the division 1 mens ranking there are 4 big ten teams mentioned, and not a single a-10 team. a rant is defined as "pompous or pretentious talk or writing based more upon emotion than fact", sounds like a perfect description of ur posts

well i would hope that hodges would have a better average considering he is older than martin.

rocket_golfer09 i never said public schools suck, just cincinnati public schools. the columbus public schools are obviously really good as they have won state the last two years...o wait that's right you probably wouldn't know since your school has never made it to state.

golfguy8 i was unaware that using a word like rant would incline you to assume i was a homosexual.

and if you want to start comparing public school golfers vs. private school golfers you need to compare then on a larger basis than just a comparison between two players. example...Alex Volpenhein is clearly better than Kyle Hodges (and he is two years younger).

over the past 5 years i would bet that st. x and moeller have had more guys play D1 college golf than all of the cincy public schools combined.

you can always tell who is better by the goals of the teams. example...when a public school gets to districts they feel like they have had a great season. on the other hand getting to districts for st.x and moe is kinda like wiping you --- or brushing your teeth...basically its expected.

:party:

is that the only arguement you have left is alex martin is younger that is pretty sad but you know what else is sad all the talent in the martin family went to his brother;) :clap:

First of let's revise your list of D1 players

Michael Oberschmidt - Maybe D1-D2
Chris Burger - Definately D1
Dean Schneider - Nope D3
Shawn Miller - Nope D3
Justin Epure - Definately Not
Jimmy Ionna - Honestly probably not good enough but qualifying for
Jr. Am could help

newcardinal...seriously are you retarded...you say that I only used one argument when I infact used at least three in that singal post you just quoted...butchering it by the way.

Fellas the bottom line is that the pecking order for golf in Cinci is the following:

1a, 1b. St Xavier or Moeller

2. The rest of us.

For whatever reason this is how it is. Anyone who knows Cincinnati High School golf will tell you this. Every once in a while a public like a Middletown in 03' or a Hamilton in 04' will put it together and make it to state, but not since Lakota West's state title has a cinci public team done any damage. I was on some good Fairfield teams that I know were good enough to play at state, but we choked at districts. It happends. St. Xavier and Moeller have consistently made it out of SWO and have done well at state. They are the class of this city. I think schools like Sycamore or Lakota East have the tools and the talent in place to compete with them, but the fact remains that until a Cinci public can consistently make it to state the pecking order will remain the same.

will the pecking order change if moeller doesnt make it to state this year? because right now it looks like x, east, and sycamore

will the pecking order change if moeller doesnt make it to state this year? because right now it looks like x, east, and sycamore

There have been alot of publics that "looked" like they were going to state, only to end up tanking it in at districts. If those are in fact the three that make it in 07', then I would say the tides have turned in Cinci. However, I would like to see a public put together consecutive years going to state.

golfguy8...you sound sooo stupid when you post on yappi so i would appreciate it if you stopped! and quit your argument with cincygolfer1234 he is right and you are dumb

Love,

Tiger Woods

Cmon man we all know Mr. Woods would never talk that way and neither should any normal high school guy more of somthing a teenage girl would say so dont trash golfguy8. O yea NE Ohio all the way this year.

Hey for all u rich St. X boys i just wnat ot know how the school day goes walkin throught he halls with no girls. I want to know how ur dances work? i mean who do u take. And whats it like with no cheerleaders. Gotta be rough for a bunch of rich boys at St. X.

bombers24 that is the same thing that people said before this season began. except with centerville instead of sycamore.

and rocket_golfer09 i'm sure the majority of st.x guys get more tail than you on account of you attempting to brag.

hey rocket,
go ---- urself, that is the worst insult in the book. i didnt even go to x and i know that there are hotter girls at their dances than at yours.

but anyway... dont rip on madden you might be surprised at who that is, and if you do you know who it is than you know he doesnt care enough to make a serious post.

every year people dont respect moe and yet they seem to make it to state and do well.

ok and as for the age old yappi pissing contest that is the x vs. the public schools, just chill out. everybody. what does hiding behind a name on yappi accomplish? nothing. seriously, i mean i find it very entertaining to read this and i gladly contribute but what the ----? once people start insulting families(newcardinal) than it is beyond what is reasonable. just chill, think about it you all are talking ---- to a person who will never know who you are and will never confront you to solve anything. how manly does that sound?

moeller will end up with a good team by this fall but unless there is some serious choking at districts east and sycamore both deserve to be at state with the kids they got, as compared to moeller who will have trouble finding a 4 or 5 man

First of let's revise your list of D1 players

Michael Oberschmidt - Maybe D1-D2
Chris Burger - Definately D1
Dean Schneider - Nope D3
Shawn Miller - Nope D3
Justin Epure - Definately Not
Jimmy Ionna - Honestly probably not good enough but qualifying for
Jr. Am could help

newcardinal...seriously are you retarded...you say that I only used one argument when I infact used at least three in that singal post you just quoted...butchering it by the way.

thats funny because i know justin epure and he has been talking to coachs from D-I schools in particular Ohio, Bowling Green, Akron, South Florida and Marshall but you no what according to cincyhack123 Justin isnt i guess now instead of be the proclaimed Alex "The Flaming ---" Martin your now a college golf recruit which one is it or do you have split personalities?

I heard a true story about Alex martin today about how he was kicked off the Lakota plains middle school golf team because he wanted to hit balls at his country club and then on top of that his mom pulled him out of school to be home schooled because "he was smarter than the teachers"

True Story

:clap: :eek: :banana: :laugh:

seriously newcardinal you need to cool off.

making up personal stories about people is a little below the belt if you ask me.

also newcardinal just for your information Justin sending an e-mail to a coach does not count as talking with them. I really question why any coaches would be interested in Epure...seriously...what are some of his scores in big tournaments (HCPD and City don't count)

Ok, I will admit. I played JV for X last year. I didn't play as well as I could've, but nobody on here from X who was on JV last year is on here (except me now). But it's probably the most fun I've had at my time at X and I wouldn't give it up for anything. Anyway, the stereotype about all X kids being rich is laughable. I for one am probably one of the poorest kids on the team. I pay for my own clubs, have never had lessons, and don't belong to a country club. I can't play in the "big" tournaments because I don't have the money. But I still made X's team, albeit, JV. But here you are calling me a rich X kid who get's everything he wants and doesn't appreciate anything. Good one. cincygolfer, thank's for defending X this whole time. I usually don't post in here because I golf for X, but I felt that I needed to say this.

It's just sad that there are idiots who can't contemplate the fact that not everyone who goes to a private school is loaded. They don't realize that in many cases kids actually have less money to spend on athletics because their tuition is eight grand a year.

its probably because people are jealous of his ability but it was a pretty dam good guess by me that cincygolfer was alex martin

well where to start? first of all i said and i quote "one of the best players to come through cincy in a while" so dont put words in my mouth. i did not say he was the best. and i believe it was beausejour from st.x who played well as a freshman not hodges. dont forget that amart is a freshman. i also think it should be noted that indiana(amarts school) plays a much higher quality of tournaments and better competition than xavier(hodges school) . according to the division 1 mens ranking there are 4 big ten teams mentioned, and not a single a-10 team. a rant is defined as "pompous or pretentious talk or writing based more upon emotion than fact", sounds like a perfect description of ur posts

IU does not play higher quality tournaments or better competition than XU... check your facts... golfstat has them both teams ranked 50 & 51, and xu has been ranked top 30s this past year. very solid program..

seriously newcardinal you need to cool off.

making up personal stories about people is a little below the belt if you ask me.

also newcardinal just for your information Justin sending an e-mail to a coach does not count as talking with them. I really question why any coaches would be interested in Epure...seriously...what are some of his scores in big tournaments (HCPD and City don't count)

Actually he has gotten letters from all of these coaches from these colleges listed and second this was not a made up story because this was told to the person i heard it from by alex martin's mom and lastly it sounds like you know what your talking about when you send the coachs emails and they dont send one back.

O I bet justin epure could take you any time any course if you would be willing to show us truley how bad you are or to even show your face

Last edited:
ur going way too far, u have no reason at all to think that cincygolfer is weinberger. bringing him up and calling him gay might be the dumbest thing ive seen from you yet. newcardinal, i reely hope you are epure cuz if ur not ur giving him a reely bad name right now and im sure he wouldnt appreciate that.

Anyone know epure or what his scores even are?? does he play in any big events?? idk how he is getting letters from these DI schools when ive never really heard of him.