top attack

chubbs10

who do think are some top attack

brooks from milford had 8 goals in one game and winrod from milford is a stud too

I def think noonan from lakota west is the best attack in the city. ..he was averaging 8 pts a game for most of the season and plays D1... brooks only plays D3

I really like Brady Burton from Dublin Jerome. I saw him play as a junior when Jerome came down to Jackson to play. He and his team played great against the Bears. I have seen his name pop up once in awhile on the OHIO HIGH SCHOOL LACROSSE ASSOCIATION website.

Keck takes every almost every single shot he gets, i really hope you are basing this on more than his numbers, because its rare that he passes the ball. He is also doing it against lesser competition.

I wouldnt pass either if i was him. No offense to the other attack on Summit but Keck is on a different level and I've seen how frustrated he gets playing with them. Almost every goal he scores he creates the opportunity for himself.

BengalsIn06 said:
i really hope you are basing this on more than his numbers

Dont worry, I'm not. I've gaurded Burton and Bowdy (Jerome and Coffman, respectively), as well as many other attackmen. Burton was good, but not all that I thought he was cracked up to be. A little cocky, if you ask me. But Keck on the other hand, he can play.

CollegeScout1212 said:
He plays Club first of all. They play the worst teams in the state. The St. Xavier JV B team plays all the same teams, thus signifying that he is not good.
That's not quite true. St. X's JV Blue team played Milford JV last week and beat them 6-4 at Milford. If they played Milford's varsity, they would get spanked. Chuck Wilson has done a nice job out there. Did you see they beat Loveland Saturday 14-6? Winrod had four goals and Brooks had a hat trick too. St. X's JV Blue was no competition for the Loveland varsity at LaxFest.

Milford program has come a long way. Growing very rapidly, to their credit. Girls program, too.

More on attack

Noonan, Lakota West and Keck, Summit have my votes for the best this year in southern Ohio. On Keck's numbers, I don't know how he's doing this year since they're not posting on OHSLA, but he seems to be scoring on everybody.
He was huge in assists last year, so the rap that he doesn't pass is crap.

X-Daddy said:
That's not quite true. St. X's JV Blue team played Milford JV last week and beat them 6-4 at Milford. If they played Milford's varsity, they would get spanked. Chuck Wilson has done a nice job out there. Did you see they beat Loveland Saturday 14-6? Winrod had four goals and Brooks had a hat trick too. St. X's JV Blue was no competition for the Loveland varsity at LaxFest.

Milford program has come a long way. Growing very rapidly, to their credit. Girls program, too.

criswell for milford aslo had at hat trick against loveland and yes i agree milfords program has come a long way in 3 years

chubbs10 said:
criswell for milford aslo had at hat trick against loveland and yes i agree milfords program has come a long way in 3 years

I saw that criswell kid play and he is a man amongst boys!!!!!!!!!

you cant really say anything about anyone from milford because they dont play against the best competition in ohio, yet. Im sorry for those supporters of the eagles, but they just dont play the competition that some of the other players in division one play. until the teams that those players are a part of reach that level, i dont think that they will be considered "the best". as for my votes for the best attackmen in cincinnati, i would go with brooks noonan of Lakota West and Jason Keck of Summit Country Day. These 2 players are the best attackmen because of their stick skills and their ability to not only score but to feed the ball as well. Personally, i think Keck is better because of his quickness and ability to dodge, but both players can control the ball, and the game, extremely well and they both have the ability to survey the field and find the open man. If you had to pick one best attackman from the Southwest Ohio region, Keck would be your man. If you needed to select two, Noonan and Keck are definitley the best.

i agree milford hasnt played the best competition but there is a lot of potential and i heard next year that chuck wilson will be scheduling them more more tougher games against better teams

first of all that was the JV TEAM. there are no studs because they are JV. But in my opinion the best attackman has to be noonan. he averages almost six points a game against a tough schedule. He does have more options than keck as well but i believe noonan has faced a much tougher defensive schedule than keck. here is my list:
1. Brooks Noonan/West
2. Jason Keck/Summit
3. Reed Seward/CCD
4. Taylor Brooks/Milford

Missing the point

The debate about who's best in Cincinnati is kind of pointless. The cool thing is that two guys from Cincinnati, Keck and Noonan, lead the STATE!

StormKing1 said:
The debate about who's best in Cincinnati is kind of pointless. The cool thing is that two guys from Cincinnati, Keck and Noonan, lead the STATE!

That's not quite true. Not all teams keep stats on the website. In fact most of the Columbus D1 teams and about half of the Cincinnati D1 teams do not post their stats on the website, so we will never really know

Eagleman08 said:
first of all that was the JV TEAM. there are no studs because they are JV. But in my opinion the best attackman has to be noonan. he averages almost six points a game against a tough schedule. He does have more options than keck as well but i believe noonan has faced a much tougher defensive schedule than keck. here is my list:
1. Brooks Noonan/West
2. Jason Keck/Summit
3. Reed Seward/CCD
4. Taylor Brooks/Milford

A tough schedule? are u serious?

@ Kings 17 - 0 Kings Stadium
4/2 Westerville South 17 - 13 Lakota Freshman School
4/5 @ Anderson Blue 12 - 3 Anderson High School
4/18 Moeller 5 - 8 Lakota Freshman School
4/21 Dublin Coffman 9 - 8 Lakota Freshman School
4/22 Dublin Jerome 2 - 10 Lakota Freshman School
4/27 Mariemont 12 - 1 Lakota Freshman School
5/3 St. Xavier 11 - 7 Lakota Freshman School
5/5 Mason 17 - 1 Lakota Freshman School
5/6 St.Rita - Chicago, IL 16 - 4 Lakota Freshman Stadium
5/9 @ Summit 12 - 8 Summit Country Day
5/12 @ Indian Hill 9 - 12 Indian Hill
5/15 CCD 18 - 6 Lakota Freshman School
5/19 Sycamore

thats not a tough schedule at all, no wonder the kid has 51 goals in a season, i garentee kids from moeller and st.x could do the exact same if they played that type of schedule. Lakota west really only has 5 legit games throughout the season.

yeah the point i was getting across was that it was a tougher schedule than keck's. And if you can give me a tougher one id be glad to see it.

Eagleman08 said:
yeah the point i was getting across was that it was a tougher schedule than keck's. And if you can give me a tougher one id be glad to see it.

Heres moellers schedule

Indianapolis Cathedral CHCA 12:00 PM 10-2 WIN
Tue Mar 28 Wooster Wooster 7:00 PM PPD
Fri Mar 31 Brother Rice CHCA 7:00 PM 6-2 WIN
Sat Apr 8 Worthington Kilbourne Mariemont HS 3:00 PM 7-6 WIN
Wed Apr 12 Indian Hill Indian Hill 7:30 PM 6-7 Loss
Sat Apr 15 Upper Arlington Upper Arlington 11:00 AM 7-15 Loss
Tue Apr 18 Lakota West Lakota West 7:30 PM 8-5 WIN
Sat Apr 22 Dublin Scioto Mariemont HS 3:00 PM 5-9 Loss
Mon Apr 24 Wooster Wooster 7:00 PM 9-8 WIN
Fri May 5 Sycamore Sycamore 7:30 PM 9-3 WIN
Mon May 8 Mariemont Mariemont 8:00 PM 18-6 WIN
Tue May 9 Thomas Worthington St. Xavier HS 8:00 PM 3-12 Loss
Thur May 11 St. Xavier St. Xavier HS 8:00 PM 8-7 OT WIN
Sat May 13 Franklin Regional St. Xavier HS 4:00 PM 9-7 WIN
Sun May 14 Mt. Lebanon Mariemont HS 1:00 PM 6-7 Loss
Detroit Country Day (Midwest tournament)
Mt. Lebanon (Midwest tournament)

As you can see eagleman, there isnt any teams like kings, mason, or summit on the schedule that you see above. Not dissing any of those schools, but their lacrosse program isnt to its full potential yet.

Yea well our schedule might be exactly Moeller's, but thats also because we are new to D1 this year, and I thought we had a well-balanced schedule...
And as for Noonan, I believe he racked up around 4 goals on St. X, as well as on Mariemont and Sycamore, and when we played Moeller he had I believe 2 and a few assists. It doesn't matter on the level of competition, he's a player, he finds a way to get the ball in the net.

All he is saying is that Milford might seem like a good team in the games they play against the teams they do but put them up against a D1 team and they will simply not match up.

milfordwrestler150 said:
milford is all of three years old and have 2 scorers inthe top 5 so itis happening

I have seen the future of Milford LAX and it is Cal Criswell.....#37....you cant stop him you can only try to contain him......dude lit it up against Anderson last week ( not sure if it was Anderson A or B)....one of the Anderson players was screaming " Would somebody stop 37!!!!!!!!!"......it was hilarious!!!!!.....dude has a future!!!!!...he just scores goals..........thats all he does....score goals!!!!

Yea it must have been Anderson's B team because i bet your boy didnt "light it up" when his team got spanked by the Anderson A 14-1. Hmm guess they found out a way to contain AND stop him. Im sorry I know Milford is a new program but im tired of people making posts about how amazing Milford is when they have an easy schedule and when they do play a decent D1 team like summit or sycamore they get beaten easily. And its not even as if Milford will win the Club state championship. They will lose to Anderson A or even Falcons like they have done twice this season.