Toledo St. Francis head coach resigns halfway through season.

You are the most problematic person on here. It’s an anonymous forum, if people want to bad mouth coaches let them without whining. Lindke sucks and Allen cares more about taking pictures with a play sheet than actually calling a successful game.
Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequence. If someone posts on here, does that free them from having people respond negatively just as you have responded to me? I won't argue the records of either coach with you, they are what they are and they aren't anything great. However, some of the things said were a bit egregious. Even though this is a message board, I tend to keep my personal conduct somewhat respectful and tend to hold people to that same standard (at least I would hope). You know, the whole don't talk crap about people behind their back on an anonymous message board kind of thing. As to the social media of Allen, this is about as social media as I get. Although I tend to agree with you that the people who seem do things for photo ops rather than the right reasons are extremely annoying.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequence. If someone posts on here, does that free them from having people respond negatively just as you have responded to me? I won't argue the records of either coach with you, they are what they are and they aren't anything great. However, some of the things said were a bit egregious. Even though this is a message board, I tend to keep my personal conduct somewhat respectful and tend to hold people to that same standard (at least I would hope). You know, the whole don't talk crap about people behind their back on an anonymous message board kind of thing. As to the social media of Allen, this is about as social media as I get. Although I tend to agree with you that the people who seem do things for photo ops rather than the right reasons are extremely annoying
I’m just messing about most of the things I said. Lindke isn’t that bad of a coach but probably average. He seems like a Walmart brand version of Chipka. Allen though is bad. No doubts there. You don’t go from a college coach to the offensive coordinator at a bad high school without being bad

You are the most problematic person on here. It’s an anonymous forum, if people want to bad mouth coaches let them without whining. Lindke sucks and Allen cares more about taking pictures with a play sheet then actually calling a successful game.
I'm tired of looking at the TV news
I'm tired of driving hard and paying dues
I figure, baby, I've got nothing to lose
I'm tired of being blue 🎼🎶🎵

That’s why I an going to k-k-k-k-k-k-k

Well thank you for letting us know, if he did take job which he probably did (but he could have backed out last minute) It will prob be on news soon probably in the next few days if the statement is true.
These things generally report a lot slower at the high school level. Some (most) schools want the hire to be approved by the board before it's announced publicly, so it could realistically be another couple weeks, even if they already have made the hire.

Lindke is a good coach and will do a good job there. It remains to be seen what "doing a good job" looks like at St. Francis in 2024. A good job last year probably would've meant what, 3-4 wins? They have some great athletes (#2 and #5 in particular), but the 10th or 20th best guy on the team at Central or even SJJ would take the lunch money of the 10th/20th guy at SFS right now. AW, Perrysburg, even Ottawa Hills being good right now is really killing them. Historically being the whitest of the Toledo private schools (I don't think that's unfair), they either need to get more of those kids or change how they do business.

One other thing to add to that, if everything said is true (which I’m not saying it’s true or not) but how does it work if Lindke is employed at otsego as teacher and a coach will be give up both jobs or just the coaching?
If he's a teacher and St. Francis has a job opening that he's eligible for then they'll probably hire him just like any school hiring a new coach would. If not he'll stay at Otsego or wherever he's currently working. Unless he's on a year-to-year contract, Otsego can't fire him as a teacher because he's no longer the football coach

If he's a teacher and St. Francis has a job opening that he's eligible for then they'll probably hire him just like any school hiring a new coach would. If not he'll stay at Otsego or wherever he's currently working. Unless he's on a year-to-year contract, Otsego can't fire him as a teacher because he's no longer the football coach
He's only been at Otsego for 1 1/2 years and teaches Health/PE. He's not tenured yet.

A teacher on a limited contract does not have to be fired, they're just not renewed. There is a legal difference.

He's only been at Otsego for 1 1/2 years and teaches Health/PE. He's not tenured yet.

A teacher on a limited contract does not have to be fired, they're just not renewed. There is a legal difference.
I'm aware of that. Some non-tenured contracts are year-to-year, some are 2-3 years at a time. If he's on year 2 of a 2-year and decides to leave the football program for St. Francis or somewhere else, then Otsego can let him go with no questions asked. My point was that coaching football doesn't have a direct relationship with a teaching contract

I'm aware of that. Some non-tenured contracts are year-to-year, some are 2-3 years at a time. If he's on year 2 of a 2-year and decides to leave the football program for St. Francis or somewhere else, then Otsego can let him go with no questions asked. My point was that coaching football doesn't have a direct relationship with a teaching contract
How common is that?

I worked in four districts and none of them offered multi-year limited contracts. But, some things are not done the same way everywhere, and time changes everything. So maybe it is much more common than I am aware.

But to your point, yes. I have known many teachers who coached somewhere else, for a variety of reasons.

How common is that?

I worked in four districts and none of them offered multi-year limited contracts. But, some things are not done the same way everywhere, and time changes everything. So maybe it is much more common than I am aware.

But to your point, yes. I have known many teachers who coached somewhere else, for a variety of reasons.
I think it's fairly common now for non-tenured teachers. Thought process is to give teachers, especially new/young ones, multiple guaranteed years to give them a good evaluation

So I took underthelights advise and moved school I’m currently on online, but my friend said Lindke left the school yesterday and was not there today so if he got offerd job yesterday do you guys think that has something to do with sfs ( my friend is a senior who told me that)
😳

Lindke went to Massillon/Canton for the weekend of the State Final football games---that is why he wasn't in school

This is becoming such a weird thread. We have kids reporting on Lindke's attendance at his job, his weekend activities, his mood. What did he have for lunch on Tuesday? I think I would look at different jobs too if I had teenagers reporting my daily whereabouts on a message board. Just bizarre.
You haven't been around that long. It's the same kid over and over again... He's on his 4th account I think by now. I have a feeling he's going to miss Lindke if he leaves Otsego.

a reasonable thread has been hijacked and turned into a dumpster fire. This is ridiculous. Haha. Even got elders on here trying to guide the youngins and it still won’t take good grief

Dude retweeted something about players should stay where they are instead of leaving when it gets tough. Clown move. Lindke will be terrible at St. Francis