Toledo Area Basketball 21-22

So...who are the favorites to win each league in the Toledo Area this year and who can make a deep tourney run?
In the NLL it's Northview, Perrysburg and Southview. I would expect the preseason predictions to go exactly in that order. Basically everyone else will be fighting for 4th place. AW is always tough, but they are very young (mostly juniors). Same with Springfield and Maumee. Napoleon will be OK. BG will probably be the worst team in the league. I've heard that there are possibly a few kids who aren't playing basketball for them this year. If the kids I know of don't play, they will struggle big time.

In the NLL it's Northview, Perrysburg and Southview. I would expect the preseason predictions to go exactly in that order. Basically everyone else will be fighting for 4th place. AW is always tough, but they are very young (mostly juniors). Same with Springfield and Maumee. Napoleon will be OK. BG will probably be the worst team in the league. I've heard that there are possibly a few kids who aren't playing basketball for them this year. If the kids I know of don't play, they will struggle big time.
I would say it’s Northview’s league to lose! Having the best player in the league always helps out. After that I think it’s southview, Perrysburg/aw, and then a fight for those other spots.
Also just curious, what bg kids aren’t going out this year?

I would say it’s Northview’s league to lose! Having the best player in the league always helps out. After that I think it’s southview, Perrysburg/aw, and then a fight for those other spots.
Also just curious, what bg kids aren’t going out this year?
I don’t know if any of these kids are definitely NOT going out but there are rumblings that Jackson, Cook, Clemons and Brand might not play. I stress might not. This is just a rumor and for all I know they could all play but it’s interesting nonetheless. BG has had an issue with really good athletes not playing sports for different reasons.

I don’t know if any of these kids are definitely NOT going out but there are rumblings that Jackson, Cook, Clemons and Brand might not play. I stress might not. This is just a rumor and for all I know they could all play but it’s interesting nonetheless. BG has had an issue with really good athletes not playing sports for different reasons.
Yeah that seems really weird of those guys not going out. Would think they would all have a chance to get some playing time.

Yeah that seems really weird of those guys not going out. Would think they would all have a chance to get some playing time.
They would all play. Several of them would start, especially Ryan Jackson who would be their #1 or #2 player. I'm guessing most of them play, but just hearing about it and what's going on is surprising.

They would all play. Several of them would start, especially Ryan Jackson who would be their #1 or #2 player. I'm guessing most of them play, but just hearing about it and what's going on is surprising.
It’s always interesting to see how players react to a new coach and coaching staff. Some like it and some don’t lol

From what I understand so far...
TAAC = EC
City = Rogers
TRAC = SJJ
NLL = Sylvania x 2
NWOAL = ?
BBC = ?
GMC = ?
NBC = ?

I know the last 4 aren't considered Toledo Area by people that live in the city...but most of us from small towns in NW Ohio consider ourselves Toledo Area...lol.

Bowling Green is that uncle that hogs the bathroom on family get together (Go Rockets!). The others are pretty cool but there's certainly a lot I haven't gotten to yet. Most athletes probably do and consider it all Toledo area or NW Ohio. Anyone goes to Farmer's Market definitely knows where the bread is buttered.

I just realized, I've never been to Archbold... have to find an excuse.

TAAC = EC
City = Rogers
TRAC = SJJ
NLL = Sylvania x 2
NWOAL = ?
BBC = ?
GMC = ?
NBC = ?

I know the last 4 aren't considered Toledo Area by people that live in the city...but most of us from small towns in NW Ohio consider ourselves Toledo Area...lol.
I'd say NBC = Eastwood and Rossford.

Rossford loses 4-year PG in Gaston, two other starters in Croom and N. Borojevich, likely Gaston replacement L. Borojevich and Gavin DeWese.

They add Revels from Stritch and several kids from the JV team that's lost 3 games since 7th grade.

Eastwood adds DeWese to an already talented group who will be another year bigger and stronger thanks to that room behind the bleachers.

NWOAL: Archbold and Wauseon. Swanton should be much improved with the Borojevich brothers.

NBC should be fun. Eastwood/Rossford matchups will be intense. 12/17 at Rossford then 2/1 back at Eastwood.

Don't count out Elmwood. They will have two of the best scorers in the league with Lentz and Reynolds. I can see them knocking off a Rossford or Eastwood.

NBC should be fun. Eastwood/Rossford matchups will be intense. 12/17 at Rossford then 2/1 back at Eastwood.

Don't count out Elmwood. They will have two of the best scorers in the league with Lentz and Reynolds. I can see them knocking off a Rossford or Eastwood.

Forgot about Elmwood. The sophomore (Lentz?) is a great scorer. He and Baby Boos are impossible to stay in front of.

Bowling Green is that uncle that hogs the bathroom on family get together (Go Rockets!). The others are pretty cool but there's certainly a lot I haven't gotten to yet. Most athletes probably do and consider it all Toledo area or NW Ohio. Anyone goes to Farmer's Market definitely knows where the bread is buttered.

Your choice, either Ickey's or Mom's Diner. You'll thank me later.

The Big Ick at Ickey's...it is amazing but eat it with a knife and fork...otherwise you will go through a pack of napkins. lol

Listen, I canNOT eat three meals. You people need to pick something. I go with Ickey's. Sounds most like my own cooking. Now I need an excuse to go to Archbold. They going to have basketball this year to talk about or just take-out?

TAAC = EC
City = Rogers
TRAC = SJJ
NLL = Sylvania x 2
NWOAL = ?
BBC = ?
GMC = ?
NBC = ?

NWOAL is likely Archbold or Wauseon, but Swanton could be frisky. BBC is Edon’s to lose now that they have Gannon Ripke on the floor and Matt Ripke on the sideline. GMC should be Antwerp with Landers and Krouse as seniors but Wayne Trace beat them last year at the buzzer and will be good again this year.

TAAC = EC
City = Rogers
TRAC = SJJ
NLL = Sylvania x 2
NWOAL = ?
BBC = ?
GMC = ?
NBC = ?

Not sure how SJJ will be the pick in the TRAC, but I’m good with it.

Looking at some news clippings, I'm not sure how the discussion doesn't start with Senior? They graduated a good defensive player in Rawlins. Don't they still have the heart of the team that beat SJJ in play-offs, Luster and Mayo? I cant find any info on Mosley.

SJJ lost a team's worth of seniors, one good b-ball and two good football athletes plus a couple more seniors. Returning a line-up mostly 6'2" and taller but young now. I imagine typically will be a different team come play-offs.

Central's kiddies a year older and now with play-off experience.

Officially, how many teams have Hornbeaks?

Listen, I canNOT eat three meals. You people need to pick something. I go with Ickey's. Sounds most like my own cooking. Now I need an excuse to go to Archbold. They going to have basketball this year to talk about or just take-out?
Attend the Wauseon at Archbold basketball game this winter. Get to Ickey's around 5-5:30 get the Big Ick and a couple of cold ones then head to the gym for an electric atmosphere. I think Archbold's gym holds about 2,200 people...my guess is that night there will be closer to 2,500...lol.

Attend the Wauseon at Archbold basketball game this winter. Get to Ickey's around 5-5:30 get the Big Ick and a couple of cold ones then head to the gym for an electric atmosphere. I think Archbold's gym holds about 2,200 people...my guess is that night there will be closer to 2,500...lol.

So I sneak the Big Ick and the cold ones in? Wow, just like home.

I was thinking Wauseon was somewhere else. They are kind of close. I don't think there are many games anymore that pack out, I might try to find a spot.

Actually, Covid beat SJJ in the playoffs, we just happened to be the team they were supposed to play. Yes Rawlins was the only starter that LSH lost off of the Regional finalist team from last year. We will be undersized, as usual, but will be on you defensively when you get off of the bus. Going to be an interesting year. Have to find more consistent scoring. Quincey Simpson has led LSH to the Regional Finals 5 of the 7 years he's been head coach. Here is hoping he makes it 6 out of 8!

Ah, thanks for that honest reminder. Still they lost a lot of athlete to graduation. Of course they reload. Other than Hornbeak, the stars are gone aren't they? They have always done well with that good athlete team over the underachieving excelling b-ball player teams. Should be a good defensive match-up between Senior and SJJ.

So I sneak the Big Ick and the cold ones in? Wow, just like home.

I was thinking Wauseon was somewhere else. They are kind of close. I don't think there are many games anymore that pack out, I might try to find a spot.
Where are you coming from when headed to Archbold?

Ah, thanks for that honest reminder. Still they lost a lot of athlete to graduation. Of course they reload. Other than Hornbeak, the stars are gone aren't they? They have always done well with that good athlete team over the underachieving excelling b-ball player teams. Should be a good defensive match-up between Senior and SJJ.
I also heard SJJ lost their senior post who left back to his home district. Can’t think of his name….

they probably got a seven foot transfer in from the recruiting front office in Nigeria.

Not a bad idea really. We seem to be running out of tall locally.