Todd France Steps Down

Comet Dad

Todd France, the very talented Mason Defensive Coordinator will be stepping down from this position to pursue a professional advancement. This was announced to the team on Monday. This is sad news and is going to be a big blow to a defense he was so successful with. No word as of yet who his replacement will be. This makes the 23rd coach to leave in the past few years.

Good Lord, what is the true story with this program? Why is there so much obvious turnover? What is the board & administration's response to this? What else does the community need to know more about?

Todd France, the very talented Mason Defensive Coordinator will be stepping down from this position to pursue a professional advancement. This was announced to the team on Monday. This is sad news and is going to be a big blow to a defense he was so successful with. No word as of yet who his replacement will be. This makes the 23rd coach to leave in the past few years.

He is like a VP for a company that I don't think is even in Cincinnati. He seems like a great guy. I don't understand how he has the time to be the DC, but people could say he was one of the coaches that were coaching their kids. And if he is leaving for a promotion I don't understand whats the fret. Promotions aren't the HCs fault. If anything its good a HC can pull people in like that.

He is like a VP for a company that I don't think is even in Cincinnati. He seems like a great guy. I don't understand how he has the time to be the DC, but people could say he was one of the coaches that were coaching their kids. And if he is leaving for a promotion I don't understand whats the fret. Promotions aren't the HCs fault. If anything its good a HC can pull people in like that.

Myth, it's also well known that he is yet another coach that does not teach in the district; let alone the building. The fact that the head coach can't keep (or get) coaches on his staff to coach for him speaks volumes. Yes, some of those two dozen coaches have left for sometimes personal reasons, but it is also widely known, by all in the community, that the majority of the coaches who have left have done so because of disagreement with how the head coach chooses to run the program. You can say he has the right to run a program however he chooses, within limits, but he continues to do things that ignore those limits. And that's why good people are no longer willing to tolerate his antics and work with our kids.

Myth, it's also well known that he is yet another coach that does not teach in the district; let alone the building. The fact that the head coach can't keep (or get) coaches on his staff to coach for him speaks volumes. Yes, some of those two dozen coaches have left for sometimes personal reasons, but it is also widely known, by all in the community, that the majority of the coaches who have left have done so because of disagreement with how the head coach chooses to run the program. You can say he has the right to run a program however he chooses, within limits, but he continues to do things that ignore those limits. And that's why good people are no longer willing to tolerate his antics and work with our kids.

Then people should tell the AD! Or go to the booster meetings! Instead of crying on an internet forum that is seen by kids. Parents in Mason just like to complain but those who complain hardily do anything about it. Scott Stemple is the best AD in Ohio and I trust he is doing what is right. I just don't understand how the numbers are always over 100 but yet there are always someone saying the world is on fire. Mason needs more supporters and less parents whining without doing anything. I have seen Mason through the years and you can't argue that Castner is a vast improvement from Sedmak and similar to Popovich's time. You could even say Mason football is the best as its ever been, which is to say isn't that great. If you are new to the program stop listening to the parents gossiping and get involved.

Parents were complaining LOUDLY in Popovich's last 3-4 seasons. They complained at Sedmak and complained at Castner. Popovich set up Sedmak and Sedmak set up Castner. Take Sedmak out of the picture and Castner wouldn't have lasted 3 seasons either if he'd have picked up the program from Popovich.

It's still a mystery to me how a program can have a very good development program (MYF), a solid middle school program, a great freshman program, a good JV team, and not be able to consistently produce at the varsity level. The carousel of coaches doesn't seem to hurt anywhere but at the varsity level.

The term "Mason Soft" doesn't exist for nothing. Not sure if Castner is the answer or not. I know one thing, Princeton just hired a new Head Coach and my money is Princeton is the number one program in the conference within 2 years. I won't be surprised if Princeton is back in the playoffs this season. Mclaughlin is one of the best coaches in the State and he will prove it at Princeton.

The term "Mason Soft" doesn't exist for nothing. Not sure if Castner is the answer or not. I know one thing, Princeton just hired a new Head Coach and my money is Princeton is the number one program in the conference within 2 years. I won't be surprised if Princeton is back in the playoffs this season. Mclaughlin is one of the best coaches in the State and he will prove it at Princeton.

Bad prediction--McLaughlin stayed one year and took the LaSalle job.