Tippecanoe vs Celina

Correct me if I’m wrong, but based on stats, Tipp seems to be susceptible to the run. Not that their rushing d looks horrible by any means but it seems to be a weaker point. If that’s true, Celina may expose that. They have a strong o-line and a stud named Braylon Gabes who has around 30 or more touchdowns up until this point. Looks like Tipp does though too
Braylon's grandfather Mick was my high school science teacher. I'm sure he's watching over his grandsons.

Right!

Make it make sense. When has the last time Celina has not only made the playoffs, but won a playoff game? 2001? How many times has Tippecanoe HS made the playoffs since 2001? At least 10? (just spitballing a number)
1998 was the last time Celina won a playoff game, actually they won 2 that year against Bowling Green and Sylvania Southview before bowing out to a Kelton Lindsay led Lebanon in the state semis 70-41.

Right!

Make it make sense. When has the last time Celina has not only made the playoffs, but won a playoff game? 2001? How many times has Tippecanoe HS made the playoffs since 2001? At least 10? (just spitballing a number)
The "underdog" mentality from Tipp stems from being good enough to make the playoffs, but never good enough to go anywhere in the postseason for a long time, up until these last few years (and 2013). Tipp made the playoffs every year from 2005-2016 (12 straight years), but only won a handful of playoff games, usually lost in the 1st round, and only made it past the 2nd round 1 time.

Clearly Tipp has ascended beyond that, but many still feel like the underdog when it comes to playoff runs.

To answer your question about playoff appearances completely, Tipp has made the playoffs 17 times since 2001, counting this season (2002, 2005-2016 & 2020-2023). Obviously, making the playoffs isn't really as much of an accomplishment as it used to be since 16 teams per region make it instead of 8. Now the threshold for accomplishment would be at least making it out of round 1.

Right!

Last time Celina made the playoffs was last year. And 1998 was the last time they won a playoff game.

Last time Celina made the playoffs was last year. And 1998 was the last time they won a playoff game.
Remind me again who the qb and key players were. Bath graduated and I forget whom followed him.

If I recall, if Bath hadn't broke his ankle they likely do well in the playoffs anyr or two before.

Celina 14
TIpp 0

4:42 left in the 1st quarter

Braylon Gabes with a 17 yard TD run on Celina's 1st posession after electing to defer the 1st half.
Carter Alstetter with a recovered blocked punt and takes it to the end zone.

Certainly didn't help with the blocked punt for a TD and turnover inside the 5 yard line, but Celina is just the better team by quite a bit so far tonight. Just better execution all across the board.

Tipp penalties are not helping.
Celina had multiple penalties on themselves that almost killed a drive, but they managed to convert 3rd and long. No real advantage on that front in my eyes. Tipp's penalties backed them up, and they didn't go anywhere to fight back.

Celina - 27 Tipp City Tippecanoe - 13

4th quarter - Tipp City turns the ball over on downs at the Celina 14 yard line 2:55 to play

Celina - 27 Tipp City Tippecanoe - 13

4th quarter - 2:39 left to play Celina with a bad snap and Tipp recovers the fumble on the 11 yard line

So sad to see the season end. Not ashamed to say I cried in the stands tonight but now out of sadness they were tears of pride for the Devils. We left some loot an out there but Celina balled out and deserved that win. I wish them good luck next week and beyond. As for my Devils so proud of what you all achieved and I thank God for Coach and his staff. He is blessing to our school and community. The season ends but the memories are forever. Let’s do it again next year baby. God. Country. Red Devils. 🤘

So sad to see the season end. Not ashamed to say I cried in the stands tonight but now out of sadness they were tears of pride for the Devils. We left some loot an out there but Celina balled out and deserved that win. I wish them good luck next week and beyond. As for my Devils so proud of what you all achieved and I thank God for Coach and his staff. He is blessing to our school and community. The season ends but the memories are forever. Let’s do it again next year baby. God. Country. Red Devils. 🤘
You guys have a lot to be proud of for sure. Respect the heck out of Tippecanoe, they never once gave up, even down by 21 points at one point in time. Celina was up 14 with a few minutes left and I still never felt safe. That team has a lot of heart

Was at this game tonight, Tipp looked very confused early and got themselves into a hole. Then injuries definitely didn't help Tipp at all. Great win by Celina, they came out with a plan. That defense was suffocating.

Good luck next week

Solid year for the Red Devils. Season didn't look great to begin with but they improved greatly and played some of their best football towards the end of the year. Wasn't their best outing tonight, but Celina was going to be tough to beat either way.

What a game. Tipp dug themselves a deep hole early on and pile on a couple big injuries added to the hurt. Celina’s defense gave up 3 long balls (like they did against T-M) but the rest of Tipp’s offense was not on rhythm with the injuries. The blocked punt was very surprising as Celina did not originally go for the block but the punt may have been the slowest progression of a punt I ever saw. Tipp was defeated at that point IMO. Tipp had a chance in the 4th but poor clock management and a lack of hurrying burned up too much time. Add in Celina’s suffocating defense, a no win situation tor Tipp. More than likely Tipp had more yardage than Celina, we will see. Celina had 3 dropped INT’s throughout the game, maybe even a couple more. Celina does get ultra conservative when they are up and that is what we saw in the late 3rd and 4th quarter. Tipp/MVL fans, is that a typical crowd? Celina filled their side of the stadium. I believe the game could have been different if Tipp had more fans. Great win for the Celina community!

Last edited: