Tippecanoe vs Celina

How many two way players does Celina have? I would assume they’ve got a lot of guys going both ways? If so that will be a big advantage for Tipp. Especially with Tipp’s fast paced offense
Several, but I’m not too worried about it. Our players were well conditioned against T-M and the time of possession was pretty even if not favoring T-M. If Celina gets the ball on offense, they will burn the clock.

Does former coach Harris still live in Celina? Curious how he’s doing. Is he still close with the program?
Still lives in Celina, but not interacting directly with the program. He was at a game earlier this year when Celina honored the 1983 State Runner-Up, he was pretty frail at that time.

Still lives in Celina, but not interacting directly with the program. He was at a game earlier this year when Celina honored the 1983 State Runner-Up, he was pretty frail at that time.
I played for him in his first year in Steubenville. I think he struggled with the high expectations.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but based on stats, Tipp seems to be susceptible to the run. Not that their rushing d looks horrible by any means but it seems to be a weaker point. If that’s true, Celina may expose that. They have a strong o-line and a stud named Braylon Gabes who has around 30 or more touchdowns up until this point. Looks like Tipp does though too
It's actually the opposite. Tipp's pass D is the weaker part of their defense, and is a big reason why they lost to Butler. Unless a team has a massive size advantage on the O-line (pretty much everyone is bigger than Tipp, but I'm talking like near 300 lbs across the board), like Bloom-Carroll did in last year's state semifinals, Tipp can hold their own in the run game. A bit of a bend but don't break defense.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but based on stats, Tipp seems to be susceptible to the run. Not that their rushing d looks horrible by any means but it seems to be a weaker point. If that’s true, Celina may expose that. They have a strong o-line and a stud named Braylon Gabes who has around 30 or more touchdowns up until this point. Looks like Tipp does though too
This is wrong. CJ ran the ball 74 times for 467 yards. But CJ averaged 300 on the OL and ran the double wing. They are an anomaly. In Tipp’s last 6 games excluding CJ, including their last loss to Butler, Tipp has given up 158 carry’s for 312 yards for a 1.9 YPC average. Spread teams have not been able to run the ball well against Tipp. Especially not efficiently. Tipp has been far more susceptible to giving up a big pass. Tipp will let you drive down the field, they will bend, but they usually don’t break

You’d prolly not like K’s in Troy then If you don’t like the spot. K’s is straight out of 1950
K's is great!

Eh. The spot seemed like an old fogie place. I'm more hip than that.
It is but I enjoy the food and have great memories of going there with my dad as a kid. I guess I'm an old soul when it comes to diner type places. That said, I wouldn't turn down Wingers if offered.

K's is great!

It is but I enjoy the food and have great memories of going there with my dad as a kid. I guess I'm an old soul when it comes to diner type places. That said, I wouldn't turn down Wingers if offered.
Now if I was picking up Betty Lou to go to the sock hop then yeah, the Spot may be the place i would go as the food is OK, but for pregaming its always Wingers over those two.

Broken record here and a homer but Sidney is the best stadium to watch a football game. I know you might not think it but at Sidney, the higher up in the stands the better. The view from the press box is awesome. Parking is not the best but I've been at alot worse. Get there early and then you won't have an issue.

Speaking of places to eat don't forget Al's pizza and I think Cassanos in Sidney is the best in the chain of Cassanos in the area. Make sure at Cassanos you tell them to put corn meal on the bottom of the pizza.

Good luck to both teams, hoping for a great injury free game. Safe travels to everyone coming to the game.

Broken record here and a homer but Sidney is the best stadium to watch a football game. I know you might not think it but at Sidney, the higher up in the stands the better. The view from the press box is awesome. Parking is not the best but I've been at alot worse. Get there early and then you won't have an issue.

Speaking of places to eat don't forget Al's pizza and I think Cassanos in Sidney is the best in the chain of Cassanos in the area. Make sure at Cassanos you tell them to put corn meal on the bottom of the pizza.

Good luck to both teams, hoping for a great injury free game. Safe travels to everyone coming to the game.
I’ve played in that stadium a couple times, it really is a great stadium! It can hold a lot more people too than most high school stadiums around here

Tipp coaching is some of the best in the state so no matter who the opponent is the Red Devils are already “in the game”. This will be a good test though because we are usually the smaller school and outmanned but we make up for it with fight and tenacity. Nobody is giving Tipp a chance but that’s been the story of the last two seasons and frankly I love it. A disrespected Tipp team is a hungry and dangerous team. I think this will be a close game and will come down to execution and ball security. Red Devils return to the Regional Final for the second straight year with a 31-24 win. 🤘

Tipp coaching is some of the best in the state so no matter who the opponent is the Red Devils are already “in the game”. This will be a good test though because we are usually the smaller school and outmanned but we make up for it with fight and tenacity. Nobody is giving Tipp a chance but that’s been the story of the last two seasons and frankly I love it. A disrespected Tipp team is a hungry and dangerous team. I think this will be a close game and will come down to execution and ball security. Red Devils return to the Regional Final for the second straight year with a 31-24 win. 🤘
What do you mean ? Nobody is given them a chance. Just about everyone on here is saying Tipp will win.
Celina is hungry too. This should be a great game. Looks like both teams are pretty equal.

I think there’s maybe one or two people, if any, in here who have picked Celina to win lol. Not sure who is disrespecting Tipp or not giving them a chance, but I agree, I think it’ll be a good, competitive game

One key factor that helps put it above most other stadiums:

football field without a track around it >>> football field with a track around it

You're closer to the action no matter where you go when there's not a track.

Love me Sidney, Piqua, etc, great facilities.

However, Celina Stadium is my all time favorite place to watch a game. You are practically on the field and in the huddle on the sidelines with the coaches (they gotta hate everything they say being heard!). Stands span the whole field, the tall pines in one EZ, the school in the other, the press box towering at midfield. Feels so enclosed.

Absolute fav place to play, and watch, a game.

That's what Cassanos pizza crust's are missing today! I knew that the texture was different from when I was a kid, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. I think that it used to taste a bit saltier as well if I remember correctly.

I think Celina will win, but I'm not disrespecting Tipp. I just think they'll win. That's all. This is an even game in my view. Could go either way.

That's what Cassanos pizza crust's are missing today! I knew that the texture was different from when I was a kid, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. I think that it used to taste a bit saltier as well if I remember correctly.
Yes, I forget when they stopped putting the corn meal on the bottom but it's alot better with it on the bottom. No extra charge for requesting them to do this, well not yet.

By the way I laugh everytime I see your name. Watched the Goonies so many times. Classic!!!

It’s game day boys and girls! I am feeling more confident everyday and I will say that I am feeling real good about what coach has dialed up for tonight. All I am gonna say is some people are gonna be shocked. Give me my Red Devils 28-10. 🤘

I think SOME people are "shocked" Celina had a winning season. I think MORE people are "shocked" Celina were co-champions of the WBL and made the playoffs. Heck, I think everyone who knows the existence of Celina football are "shocked" they made it this far in the playoffs after beating Trotwood-Madison.

Celina is the underdog in this matchup. Other than 3 or 4 of their regular season games, they've been underdog. People won't be "shocked" if Tipp wins this game tonight. On paper, and based on seeding, Tipp should win this game.

I think SOME people are "shocked" Celina had a winning season. I think MORE people are "shocked" Celina were co-champions of the WBL and made the playoffs. Heck, I think everyone who knows the existence of Celina football are "shocked" they made it this far in the playoffs after beating Trotwood-Madison.

Celina is the underdog in this matchup. Other than 3 or 4 of their regular season games, they've been underdog. People won't be "shocked" if Tipp wins this game tonight. On paper, and based on seeding, Tipp should win this game.
Yeah it’s kinda crazy how Tipp fans are trying to make an underdog story out of this haha😆

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231006-174341_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231006-174341_Facebook.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 30