Tipp City

What in the world is going on at Tipp for baseball? Didn't that guy just get hired last year? Hearing he is already out.
They are a total mess. Board members getting their noses where they don’t belong including one whose son played baseball. From what I’ve been told by multiple people including other coaches it’s one of the reasons Cahill hung it up completely. Not a rumors guy but when that many people are saying it I tend to gravitate towards it being likely.

I’ve worked some of their games. He had at least two errors in each one and cost them one of the games by duffing an easy grounder that would have ended it. His mother yelled at me the entire game from the stands. Even the coach that just quit apologized to me during a lineup change.

The community - when it comes to the schools - seems like It can’t move past things and there’s too many competing voices that cannot work together. They seem very insular.

Whomever they hire, they need to get on it, because we are approaching rapidly the coming season.

They are a total mess. Board members getting their noses where they don’t belong including one whose son played baseball. From what I’ve been told by multiple people including other coaches it’s one of the reasons Cahill hung it up completely. Not a rumors guy but when that many people are saying it I tend to gravitate towards it being likely.

I’ve worked some of their games. He had at least two errors in each one and cost them one of the games by duffing an easy grounder that would have ended it. His mother yelled at me the entire game from the stands. Even the coach that just quit apologized to me during a lineup change.

The community - when it comes to the schools - seems like It can’t move past things and there’s too many competing voices that cannot work together. They seem very insular.

Whomever they hire, they need to get on it, because we are approaching rapidly the coming season.
This situation is way worse than it needed to be. And bringing up the kids stats isn’t helping anyone. Talking about the coach and parents in this situation is one thing, but leave the kids out of it.

This situation is way worse than it needed to be. And bringing up the kids stats isn’t helping anyone. Talking about the coach and parents in this situation is one thing, but leave the kids out of it.
So the other umpteen posts on this site talking about players and their stats is bad? Yeah, no. I didn't name the kid. Go look up the TippIsGreat user's posts and tell him that.

So new coach left due to board issues? So are they promoting within the program? They had some really good coaches on staff. School/board should have an easy decision there, I would assume...
Ideally yes.
Reality may be no.

If you are an assistant and witnessed this, you might think twice about applying or accepting.

I
So new coach left due to board issues? So are they promoting within the program? They had some really good coaches on staff. School/board should have an easy decision there, I would assume...
Not sure which coaches you’re referring to but I’m not sure all the coaches are still involved in the program.

Hearing from credible sources citing their school board agenda the coach who resigned (that replaced Cahill) is coming back pending board approval tonight. Can only imagine the backstory here....

Little backstory for those who don't know: About 2 months ago the coach last year was told by the "board" he wouldn't be approved because he didn't handle a fundraising thing right, even though every cent was accounted for. One of the board members has a son on the team. Whether they get along i'm not sure, but chatter around sounds like not. The coach was re-approved Monday night in the board meeting. It was a 4-0 vote with the board member with the player opting to abstain. If you want to know how bad our school board situation is, the board meeting went on for 6 hours last night. Dozens of players and parents went to speak on behalf of the coach to get him back. This board fights any and everything that is put in front of them. There are a few very good members but also a member who has targeted many people, including the schools administrators and teachers. Very awful situation in Tipp.

Little backstory for those who don't know: About 2 months ago the coach last year was told by the "board" he wouldn't be approved because he didn't handle a fundraising thing right, even though every cent was accounted for. One of the board members has a son on the team. Whether they get along i'm not sure, but chatter around sounds like not. The coach was re-approved Monday night in the board meeting. It was a 4-0 vote with the board member with the player opting to abstain. If you want to know how bad our school board situation is, the board meeting went on for 6 hours last night. Dozens of players and parents went to speak on behalf of the coach to get him back. This board fights any and everything that is put in front of them. There are a few very good members but also a member who has targeted many people, including the schools administrators and teachers. Very awful situation in Tipp.
Ugly situation that could have been avoided. Who knows what would have happened to the program if they would have brought in a new coach.

I hear alot about the board from folks I know in Tipp. And it's one of those situations where even if 25% of it is true, and it's the "least worst" 25% it is terrible nonetheless.

And what is sad at least from the outside, is the board thinks it has done or did nothing wrong. Or is infallible, which does describe Tipp City as a whole.

I umpire their games, and I know exactly who this person is. Said individual has berated us from the stands and once tried to pick a verbal fight with us at the car. Said player committed three errors and was O-fer the game, so clearly it was the umpire's fault...

Typical small town though. And all the folks unhappy with are not the ones to run for the board either. You reap what you permit.

As to potential funds issues - Tipp has a history unfortunately of that.