Time to focus; week 9 – Moe vs Eds

MoeSpirit

There have been a lot of distractions for the team this week and this board has been filled with gossip and negativity. Some of it is healthy but a lot of it isn’t - at least not right now. I’m sure a lot of the players read this stuff and it can’t be good for where they need to be right now. In case you haven’t noticed, this is week 9 of the football season and if the team can’t get focused on the task at hand, the season could be over with all of us wondering what happened.

Despite what our opinions are related to coaching styles & personalities and player’s motivations and antics, let’s not lose sight of the fact that as students and parents/fans of Moeller, we all need to support this group of Men of Moe as they go out this weekend and hopefully play to their true potential. We all want the same thing; for the team to succeed. Let’s see if we can be the Moeller family, at least for the player’s sake.

Every team is special and this year is no different. This team still has the ability to do great things and make us all proud if we show our support rather than our differences. I truly believe that this team has a good chance to beat St. Eds this weekend and “upset” X next weekend. GO MOE! BEAT EDS!!

I spoke to my nephew who is a starter on defense. He told me that morale is good right now and they are looking forward to playing St. Eds. It will be a good weather gauge to see where Moeller stands. Also, they want to make up for last year.

Moe is very capable and I like where we stand right now. They're playing an excellent schedule the next two weeks and have a chance ot go out and prove how tough they are considering all that has been going on.

My prediction: They'll come out and physically dominate eds tomorrow and control the entire game. It's gonna be a tough battle, but we'll pull away in the forth.

I think moe has made significant strides offensively the past few weeks and have gotten back to the basics of moeller football (Running the Ball!!) I'm not worried about us defensively...the talent upfront is probably the best in the state. Even though we gave up more yardage and points than we would have liked against desalles and elder, we've looked very impressive against the run and I think that's going to continue tomorrow night.

The game's gonna come down to turnovers...just like lasalle, but we'll win this one.

Moeller can win these next two games if they keep their heads on straight and think about football.

Go Moeller!!!

If we hold onto the ball and don't turn it over we will win. Our problem this year has been turnovers. Our offense is very good if we protect the ball. Some of you may be shocked by this, but Moeller leads all division 1 teams in the city in total offense, so moving the ball down the field is not the problem, we can do that. The problem has been getting it in the end zone once we get down in the red zone, and if we can do that we will be hard to stop.

BRICKtamland said:
The problem has been getting it in the end zone once we get down in the red zone, and if we can do that we will be hard to stop.

Somewhat prophetic. We don't make it on 3rd and goal from the 1, so we attempt a pass. hmmm. We effectively run outside out of the full house backfield throughout the first half, so we abandon that to run the I with twins most of the second half. Interesting. Truth is we lost this game on emotion. They wanted it more than we did. Anytime it's 4th and short, it's about emotion. They stuffed us on 4th and short at least 4 times. Unless some miracle happens, it looks like we'll have to start looking to next year. What a disappointment.