Ticket prices

It's really no more a money grab than a youth group having a car wash at the local gas station on Saturday morning.

This is piggy backing on an event. There have been 10 games this year and I haven’t paid to park at any of them. Why is this different? Because it’s a money grab. You can try and redirect things all you want but it still doesn’t change what it is.
Regular season games the local school keeps gate sales. Playoff games OHSAA keeps the sales. Schools thus search to offset their expenses.

Regular season games the local school keeps gate sales. Playoff games OHSAA keeps the sales. Schools thus search to offset their expenses.
100% understand. It’s still doesn’t change what it is.

I’m good with paying it because I want to go to the game but it’s a money grab.

Best of luck to everyone and play hard and stay safe!

Wonder why attendance is down. Really $15.00 for 1 high school football game. Of course online $12.00 adults and $9.00 students. Both $15 cash at gate! Unbelievable....thoughts..
It's not price or an increase to me. I can handle an increase and can afford it. It just irritating when you they increase the cost of a ticket and are sitting on a million or 2. If you need it great I'll happily pay but we all read the articles about their budget.🤔

I run a nonprofit and all of are records must be public knowledge and an audit needs to be done!!! Feds and state auditors office require both! It’s not private by any means!

What do you think it is when a Hot Dog, Soda, and Popcorn is around 10.00 at the concession stand? They probably have a total of 3.00 in cost for that.
Again redirection.

Like I said earlier. On Friday night every school that is hosting a game is pretty much in the same boat as far as expenses that evening. If all the schools are doing it, then I am completely wrong!
Like I said earlier. On Friday night every school that is hosting a game is pretty much in the same boat as far as expenses that evening. If all the schools are doing it, then I am completely wrong!

If this is necessary then all venues should charge for parking to cover their expenses. Fine would completely understand that, but I don’t believe that all the schools are charging for parking to cover their expenses that night.
I still think it’s a money grab.

I honestly have nothing to add to this. If you disagree a respect that.

I don’t always carry cash. I’ll have to get some in case they charge for parking in Eaton, Ohio. I think there has been a charge at every playoff game I’ve attended (except our home games).

There was a time when a host site could charge for parking for a playoff game only if they did so during the regular season. However, that restriction was lifted YEARS ago and everyone acts like this is something new.

Last edited:
This is piggy backing on an event. There have been 10 games this year and I haven’t paid to park at any of them. Why is this different? Because it’s a money grab. You can try and redirect things all you want but it still doesn’t change what it is.
They are raising money for a nonprofit — a school athletics department. The term money grab sounds like a malicious attempt by someone who doesn't need money exploiting others. This isn't that.

Again redirection.

If this is necessary then all venues should charge for parking to cover their expenses. Fine would completely understand that, but I don’t believe that all the schools are charging for parking to cover their expenses that night.

Redirection? It is all there to get money out of your pocket. Is it a money grab if a school is selling Playoff Shirts when they didn't sell shirts during the season?

Some schools can't charge for parking due to the stadium location. Just look at the game everyone is complaining about. If Trotwood was playing at Oakwood, Oakwood can't charge for parking their stadium is in the middle of a neighborhood. Trotwood can since they have parking lots.

I bet over half of the people complaining have no problem dropping money for an arms length 50/50 drawing.

This board has already exhausted:

1. Downward attendance trend having little to do with pricing.
2. Boomers crying that cash wasn't an option, and still crying that there is now a cash option.

You have to be a "boomer" to want paying with cash to be an option? And it's a problem to not want to be penalized for paying with cash?

Why are people so mad about this, everything is going up in price. I would rather pay 30 dollars to go watch high school kids play then pay what 200, 300 and even more to watch the pros play. Also, be a mile from the field.

Schools have been charging to park for playoff games for years. Hell that's the only money they make. If we would get people off their butts and go to games instead of watching them on TV. The prices would be less, maybe. I know not everyone can make.

I real football fan goes to the game rain, snow or whatever weather. I go to any good playoff game regardless wether if its on TV or not. I want to be at the game.

It is $12 for a game, almost $4 for gas, the cost of electric, food, bills, groceries...yes, everything has gone up. So for some people $12 is a big deal captain obvious. You really must live in a bubble.
the comment you’re replying to was, most likely, written in the spirit of “if $12 is too much then re-evaluate why you’re going in the first place if you don’t have a relative playing” and not “hey parent of school-aged children that has much of their disposable income disappear due to the rising costs associated with raising a family in an inflationary time: tough s— on having to pay $12 to watch your kid play.”

I run a nonprofit and all of are records must be public knowledge and an audit needs to be done!!! Feds and state auditors office require both! It’s not private by any means!
You can see the results of their annual audits on their website. You can also inspect their annual 990 filed with the IRS every year using any of the 990 search tools out there.

Again redirection.

So either the school needs to charge all year for parking or charging for tickets all year is a money grab and the game should be free.

There is no end to their entitled whine fest.
Why do you assume its boomers? Most boomers are 60 or older now ,most pushing 65-70 and probably isn't the crowd that is readily attending games now. But keep pushing that Man Bun wearing agenda.
The most entitled thinking people in this Country are under 35 and if you'er a parent in your 50's look in the mirror you'er the problem.
Country doesn't have a kid problem its got a parenting problem. Us Boomer should have stuck our foots up UR $ss a lot farther . Instead we raised a bunch of soft participation trophy kids who in turned raised a couple of generations of the biggest cry baby ,entitled mentally soft wussies this country has ever seen. Most of you can't even change the tires on your car.

Last edited:
Fair point. But why not do charge for parking at every event? Great opportunity??

I assume every playoff game in the state is changing $5 for parking?
As long as it is consistent, then you are correct and I am wrong.
My apologies.
We never charge parking. Only time I've paid parking in the last 5 years is for a neutral site Round 3 game.

Why do you assume its boomers? Most boomers are 60 or older now ,most pushing 65-70 and probably isn't the crowd that is readily attending games now. But keep pushing that Man Bun wearing agenda.
Because they are the worst and whiniest generation ever. What on Earth is a man-bun-wearing agenda?

I'd be fine with the $12 or $15 as long as students and seniors get in free. I do think some of the rules are ridiculous - like no 50/50 and no donut fundraiser, etc. The schools/kids should benefit more.

Because they are the worst and whiniest generation ever. What on Earth is a man-bun-wearing agenda?
What do we got to whine about. Boomers own more Property, Have the most Wealth, The Best Credit Scores, and Lowest debt of any current living generation. Think you got Boomer envy ...... You treat your Parents and Grandparents with that type of respect?