Thoughts on the open jobs? Newton Falls, Lowellville, Lisbon and Austintown Fitch.

literally the same thing

I guess. But the 2 aren't mutually exclusive. Peewee coaches still at least have to be good with kids to have success. And the Hardhats have had plenty of success over the years. Armchair coaching is all fantasy and make believe.

Having said that... I also doubt Struthers has any peewee coaches that would win a state championship. lol

Mute point anyway... basically impossible to get a head coaching jobat a high school without a teaching degree. I don't think many peewee coaches have teaching degrees... I have to believe they're aware of that.

He does, I think most of the staff would still be here, some shouldn’t but likely will anyway, but he has a great guy to lean on as well. I think bayuk will be fine, it will all depend on what to do offensively

After talking to his old man, that should've been the first call he made. There's one guy that would make a ton of sense... but I'm sure there are others that are very capable. Very interesting...

John will be just fine. He will make it his program. It will take time but he has a good foundation of coaches and players to build a program around. Plus, he has a very good coach in the family to help him with any difficult situations that may occur.

After talking to his old man, that should've been the first call he made. There's one guy that would make a ton of sense... but I'm sure there are others that are very capable. Very interesting...
A lot of older struthers ppl will want one guy which I actually don’t at all, neither of the guys who went over the bridge will ever be okay with me. One is a very good coach and the other simply just isn’t

Why does every comment on here have to be a cryptic game of guess who?

I was talking about Zetts. Who else would it be? lol

Buckeye was referring to Zetts and Sikora... both Struthers guys who coach across the bridge in Campbell.

In a nutshell... there's a lot of history shared between Sikora, Zetts, and the Bayuks. Sikora was Jeff's long time DC at Hubbard and Campbell. When Zetts was let go at Struthers, he ended up on Jeff's staff at Hubbard, went with him to Campbell, and stayed when Sikora got the HC job. Sikora and Zetts would've been John's DC and OC when he played at Hubbard. And John's first coaching job was on Sikora's staff at Campbell.

So it would make a lot of sense for John to reach out to Zetts to run the offense... a lot of familiarity there. And would carry a lot of favor politically if he could get Zetts to come back to Struthers after being jaded for so long. If he can't, there are other coaches out ther… probably some already on staff. I think it's worth a shot, though.
But I can't imagine Sikora leaving a HC job at Campbell to be a DC at Struthers. No chance that happens.

I was talking about Zetts. Who else would it be? lol

Buckeye was referring to Zetts and Sikora... both Struthers guys who coach across the bridge in Campbell.

In a nutshell... there's a lot of history shared between Sikora, Zetts, and the Bayuks. Sikora was Jeff's long time DC at Hubbard and Campbell. When Zetts was let go at Struthers, he ended up on Jeff's staff at Hubbard, went with him to Campbell, and stayed when Sikora got the HC job. Sikora and Zetts would've been John's DC and OC when he played at Hubbard. And John's first coaching job was on Sikora's staff at Campbell.

So it would make a lot of sense for John to reach out to Zetts to run the offense... a lot of familiarity there. And would carry a lot of favor politically if he could get Zetts to come back to Struthers after being jaded for so long. If he can't, there are other coaches out ther… probably some already on staff. I think it's worth a shot, though.
But I can't imagine Sikora leaving a HC job at Campbell to be a DC at Struthers. No chance that happens.
Sikora is telling people he doesn’t want anything to do with Struthers. Is still upset they chose Kuntz over him. Plus zetts won’t be the OC if he comes back. Apparently rumor has it there is a certain family member of coach Bayuk that may be helping him out. But that’s just a rumor.
pascarella the current assistant OC at Struthers along with Kuntz will still be on staff as well. This is the guy I want as HC but whatever

Why does every comment on here have to be a cryptic game of guess who?
We could fill in names for you but even if we do that you’ll still be clueless. It’s blatantly obvious for anyone who knows Mahoning Valley football. And by Mahoning valley I mean Mahoning and Trumbull county.

Zetts is getting old. He was around but I think he's kind of not interested in doing this full time anymore. Come around but it's not like it used to be. He's getting up there in age. To say Mickey flat out can't coach...idk. He's coached a lot of places old man bayuk obviously thought he could coach. I think that's a bit harsh. Whether he would want the job....did he put his name in? Unless he did I think it's all guessing.

Zetts is getting old. He was around but I think he's kind of not interested in doing this full time anymore. Come around but it's not like it used to be. He's getting up there in age. To say Mickey flat out can't coach...idk. He's coached a lot of places old man bayuk obviously thought he could coach. I think that's a bit harsh. Whether he would want the job....did he put his name in? Unless he did I think it's all guessing.
No one had an opportunity to put their name in. Idk if they are going to open it up or not. They could but it’ll be for show like Lowellville did.

And I think Mickey can coach I just think he needs to get over the fact they hired Kuntz over him. Curt is the better coach.

Zetts may be getting up there in age, but it'd be nice to resolve whatever issues are still lingering. Even if he doesn't come back to run the offense, he can still teach quarterbacks and he's still a good mind to have around.