Thoughts on the Newton Falls job?

I hate to sound negative but how can it be a good idea to give it to an alumni of a program that has never known consistent winning?

I hate to sound negative but how can it be a good idea to give it to an alumni of a program that has never known consistent winning?
Do you actually believe there was much interest? The young man’s background is solid has been a OC has put the time in and is a member of the community. Best of luck to him

What was the alternative? Give the job to other candidates who might not be qualified? How many people that interviewed have been a part of “consistent winning”? I doubt very few, if any.

The youth program has wanted nothing to do with the high school. I know Greg ran youth camps out there with minimal attendance

I think it's silly to compare Roys basketball to football at the youth level. Everyone goes outside to shoot the ball, everyone wants to shoot the three, how many kids want to learn what it takes to pass block? How to take on a double team and sacrifice their body for the man behind them? But that's a conversation for another thread I guess

The youth program has wanted nothing to do with the high school. I know Greg ran youth camps out there with minimal attendance
Maybe in his first stint. He hasn’t tried to do anything in several years. With enrollment continuing to drop, I wouldn’t be surprised to see NF slide into D7. There is a lot of talented kids in Newton Falls coming up. Football, Basketball and Baseball. Hopefully they all continue playing.

What was the alternative? Give the job to other candidates who might not be qualified? How many people that interviewed have been a part of “consistent winning”? I doubt very few, if any.
They passed on a guy with multiple yrs of college coaching experience... has been a winner at every school that he has coached. This had to be a community hire. The admin followed the lead of the community on this one, otherwise, I'm pretty sure that the best resume, with the most qualifications would have been selected. But, hey, it is their community and their choice to choose losing. It is a shame that the new coach has probably taken a job that will screw him out of future head coaching opportunities if he bombs in this job. No one will touch a coach with consecutive 2 or 3 win seasons.

They passed on a guy with multiple yrs of college coaching experience... has been a winner at every school that he has coached. This had to be a community hire. The admin followed the lead of the community on this one, otherwise, I'm pretty sure that the best resume, with the most qualifications would have been selected. But, hey, it is their community and their choice to choose losing. It is a shame that the new coach has probably taken a job that will screw him out of future head coaching opportunities if he bombs in this job. No one will touch a coach with consecutive 2 or 3 win seasons.
Whose is the coach that you are referring to? I’m sure the Newton Falls faithful would like to know.

I disagree. I think it’s a smart hood hire. This clearly Weems like someone who has waited his turn. I think he will do good.

Say a name lmao

Not sure of his overall record but he led them to the playoffs on a couple occasions when everyone didn’t make it, and played good non conference opponents. JFK and South Range to name a few, by far the best coach the Falls has had in over 35 years
Why did he leave?