Thoughts on Pickerington Central.

The name of the game for Pick Central this year will be POWER UP FRONT ! They have a " HUGE " OL and DL respectively. Offensively I can see them running the ball a ton and just absolutely beating up the opponent the entire game. Defensively they front 4 is probably the best in the state ( 4 D-1 recruits......3 have committed ). What happened last year in the State Finals against X showed what PC needed to improve on. This years team will be very powerful and athletic. I think once the QB gets use to the offence they will let him pass a lot more often. But the name of the game early will be " RUN IT DOWN THE OPPONENTS THROATS ! "

The name of the game for Pick Central this year will be POWER UP FRONT ! They have a " HUGE " OL and DL respectively. Offensively I can see them running the ball a ton and just absolutely beating up the opponent the entire game. Defensively they front 4 is probably the best in the state ( 4 D-1 recruits......3 have committed ). What happened last year in the State Finals against X showed what PC needed to improve on. This years team will be very powerful and athletic. I think once the QB gets use to the offence they will let him pass a lot more often. But the name of the game early will be " RUN IT DOWN THE OPPONENTS THROATS ! "
Yes, the O-Line is going to be nasty. They also have 3 very good Tight Ends that fall into that 6’4” 230 range. Most teams will load the box to stop the run (why wouldn’t they?) PC has a ton of athletes at WR so they will have favorable matchups especially against teams that stack against the run. The QB has the potential to be very good. He is a pass first QB but can/will run if he’s not accounted for.
The defense is stacked from front to back and there is a lot of depth so they should be able to rotate a lot of players in.
Their first 3 games are against very good teams, then they play Pickerington North in week 4. I expect PC to role through Region 3.

Yes, the O-Line is going to be nasty. They also have 3 very good Tight Ends that fall into that 6’4” 230 range. Most teams will load the box to stop the run (why wouldn’t they?) PC has a ton of athletes at WR so they will have favorable matchups especially against teams that stack against the run. The QB has the potential to be very good. He is a pass first QB but can/will run if he’s not accounted for.
The defense is stacked from front to back and there is a lot of depth so they should be able to rotate a lot of players in.
Their first 3 games are against very good teams, then they play Pickerington North in week 4. I expect PC to role through Region 3.
I think a huge issue in that ST X debacle was the lack of being able to pound the rock effectively. This should be something that they can do in a rematch situation if it arises this year. I agree I can't see anyone being able to match -up with PC in region 3 . Quite a run they are on. I know the X game was a disaster and really something that hasn;t happened to the program in quite some time. Humbling . But I think it was just one of those nights and PC was hurt by not having their usual arduous first few weeks and a full schedule and simply weren't really pushed by the type of team that can throw it like ST X can.

X has evolved into a passing team. They have always been solid up front on offense , they have such a large drawing area that this new spread it out intricate passing attack system should attract the skill kids even more. PC I believe will be more equipped to keep the ball away from them if a rematch occurs . X may win , but it will be a more normal PC-ST X match up as in very competitive .

X also had a more normal schedule last year with less travel restrictions than publics in CO had. I would love to see a rematch.

Outside of the Great offense line. QB & RB will be suspect and unproven lack of skill players. Same with their defense great D Line but suspect in the backend outside of Sonny

Outside of the Great offense line. QB & RB will be suspect and unproven lack of skill players. Same with their defense great D Line but suspect in the backend outside of Sonny
Suspect ? Or unproven ? Inexperienced ? Don’t have the talent or potential ?

Sure won’t be as good as the QB , RB & WR they lost
You have to remember something.................PC has a ton of depth. If you have ever followed PC you do realize that they run several different packages on offense that include the underclassman early. By the time they step on a full time basis in it is not like there first time stepping onto a varsity field. Also remember that the skill players that they were playing behind were incredibly gifted. The majority of PC's skill players would have started for most of the teams in the OCC. Not taking away from the other teams. Just saying that the quality depth at PC allows them to reload year in and year out. They may not look flashy at first. But if you control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball that is a huge asset for any winning program to have.

I think the O Line strength can help the QB RB and even the receivers look a bit better than they are and the offensive output can be similar or better ?

That sounds like the 1995 Nebraska Cornhusker national championship formula.

You have to remember something.................PC has a ton of depth. If you have ever followed PC you do realize that they run several different packages on offense that include the underclassman early. By the time they step on a full time basis in it is not like there first time stepping onto a varsity field. Also remember that the skill players that they were playing behind were incredibly gifted. The majority of PC's skill players would have started for most of the teams in the OCC. Not taking away from the other teams. Just saying that the quality depth at PC allows them to reload year in and year out. They may not look flashy at first. But if you control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball that is a huge asset for any winning program to have.
Last year we didn’t see that depth that you’re talking about. #5 #4 #3 didn’t come off the field on offense

They will be tough to beat, always are because of their strength up front. The Mck no pork lineman is another big body they have in addition to 6/7 d1 ol/dl.
First 5 games are tough, then still play Lancaster and Reynoldsburg. At worst 8-2, 9-1, then running clock everyone in R3 in the playoffs

They will be tough to beat, always are because of their strength up front. The Mck no pork lineman is another big body they have in addition to 6/7 d1 ol/dl.
First 5 games are tough, then still play Lancaster and Reynoldsburg. At worst 8-2, 9-1, then running clock everyone in R3 in the playoffs
First 3 games are tough, The Pick North game will be rolling clock and the final score will be up to the Central coaching staff. PC will most likely rotate everyone in and run the ball up the middle in the 2nd half. Really no need to humiliate a school in the same district. Then the schedule drops way off until week 8.

PC will be the best team in Central OH. Can play with anyone in the State. Best defense in the State. Don't see them winning a State Championship this year. Crenshaw carried them to both state title games... with last years QB they were totally one dimensional. Once they got down to X the game was over. First three games are against great programs. Don't think anyone can beat them. I see them going 10-0. Losing in the Final 4 or State Title game.

Central also had a starting OL from Hartley transfer to PC. Played at PC as a fresh... came to Hartley as a sophomore to start and is going back as a junior to PC. Potential D1 player.

PC will be the best team in Central OH. Can play with anyone in the State. Best defense in the State. Don't see them winning a State Championship this year. Crenshaw carried them to both state title games... with last years QB they were totally one dimensional. Once they got down to X the game was over. First three games are against great programs. Don't think anyone can beat them. I see them going 10-0. Losing in the Final 4 or State Title game.

Central also had a starting OL from Hartley transfer to PC. Played at PC as a fresh... came to Hartley as a sophomore to start and is going back as a junior to PC. Potential D1 player.
Can he go back to Hartley as a Senior ? Lol. Hasn’t had to sit at all transferring back and forth ?

PC's offense will likely continue to be challenged. Last year, having super-talented individuals was enough to overcome the incredibly conservative play calling. That is, until it mattered most... I'm hoping having less natural talent on offense will force Jay to return to his "creative" conservative play calling of the past. I think the crazy meltdown loss at Lancaster a few years ago caused him to go to the no-risk offense we saw last year. Jay is a great coach though, so I look for return trip to the Final 4.

How many big guys they need? Geez Hartley kid plus the McKinley ol. That’s in addition to all the other d1 ol/dl

How many big guys they need? Geez Hartley kid plus the McKinley ol. That’s in addition to all th

Last year we didn’t see that depth that you’re talking about. #5 #4 #3 didn’t come off the field on offense
Well I will correct you on that last statement. Yes #5 did not come off the field. Why ? Because he was the QB. Styles ( #3 ) and Mosley ( #4 ) came off the field quite a bit. If you watch closely the packages that PC runs had a ton of underclassmen involved in those packages. Of course they are not the big name (s) that everyone is use to. But Styles on the 2017 state championship team was one of those players that was in on certain packages ( he as #32 back then ). Yes they will have to grow up quickly in the season ( Massillon, Elder & W. Allegheny, PA ) will be rough opening season opponents. Then week 4 you get the cross town rivals PN ! But I am telling you once they get use to the offense ( whichever week that is ) the offence will be extremely difficult to stop. The OL along with the TE's are absolute road graders.

How many big guys they need? Geez Hartley kid plus the McKinley ol. That’s in addition to all the other d1 ol/dl
It's July 16, 2021

That offensive linemen that transfer to Pickerington Central this summer, is it

Stefan Monohan OL/DL, 06' - 08", 295lb

:);):cool::D:unsure:

This is IUDOGS signing off.