The Weather

mannhoodd

There was another thread like this on the Basketball page, but I think it is just as relevant to Hockey. Columbus is looking at total snow accumulation of 12-15 inches by Saturday night. People trying to drive up from cincinnati will also have nearly a foot of snow to plow through. I don't know what kind of weather is coming to the northern half of the state, but it cannot be much better.

What are the chances of the tournament on Saturday (or Sunday) being postponed? Does anyone know what "Plan B" is?

mannhoodd, let's be fair about this, ALL people driving to Cbus will be driving through a foot of snow, Toledo, Cleveland and Cincy...but of course we are use to that here up north...we'll just hook up the dogs to the sled and head down to Columbus.

I very much doubt the state changes anything, the commissioners will have a short drive to the tournament.

This could yet be another reason to hear Cincinnati fans lobby to see the state championships moved down here (just like football).

Yes, we have as much snow as everyone else in the state, but NE Ohioans know how to drive in it. Cincinnatians don't.

I'm sure SportsPlus would be a GREAT venue...

cincycat, either you're being sarcastic and i missed it or you totally missed the point of why I asked if there is a chance they would be postponed.

1. I am not in Cincinnati right now; I'm in Marietta. i-70 west is closed at the moment in Zanesville, preventing me from getting to columbus until very late tonight or maybe not until tomorrow assuming no one else wrecks.

2. Ohioans are bad drivers no matter WHERE you are in the state.

3. probably not sportsplus, but maybe it could be at the gardens where the building feels like it could collapse at any moment.*

*sarcasm

Way to go mannhoodd!!!!!

I was worried about you! Be careful up there!

When I found out that this weekend was going on come ---- or high water (or over a foot of snow) I was thinking about how you and your posse were going to make it up to the game!

I considered briefly hooking up the snow plow to the Waycross production truck and stopping by the Forest Park salt pile to load up the camera platform and use the AC blower as a spreader since it will be idle on Satuday due to the basketball game being postponed until 2pm Sunday. But I've seen how that truck runs in an inch of snow. After the return trip from Columbus State Wrestling last year, I don't want to see that truck in snow again. :)

Bring us back a winner!

Go Bombers!

it's a good thing you didn't come up wx_dude, the games are postponed until tomorrow. Actually, if x plays withrow at 2, the game is done at 4, you are packed up by 4:45, you gun it up to nationwide and get there by 7:00, game starts at 8:30, think you can make it? :)

Well mannhoodd, guess I was wrong. Games postponed until tomorrow. I guess all the school will have to pony up a few more grand to house their teams for one more night....I'm sure the OHSAA will not give the teams any more money.

Well mannhoodd, guess I was wrong. Games postponed until tomorrow. I guess all the school will have to pony up a few more grand to house their teams for one more night....I'm sure the OHSAA will not give the teams any more money.

The rates aren't bad at the holiday inn. i think its 90 per room, so each team probably has 10-12 rooms.

4 hockey teams x1000= $4000
+ 8 girls basketball teams x1000= $8000

=$12,000 plus who knows what other costs they're already going to be facing.

i doubt the schools see a single dime.