The Use of Analytics in High School Baseball

Maybe an Ohio High School baseball coach/teacher could implement an analytics program like they are doing at Cal Poly as as a way to integrate classroom STEM learning into the high school athletic program.

This is an interesting article. I was telling a friend of mine who is a big fan of Cleveland Indians baseball that I do not watch as much as professional baseball and that I find amateur baseball much more interesting. My sons played high school baseball so I found their games exciting to watch. Do others feel the same way? Do you find high school and amateur baseball more exciting to watch than professional baseball?

The article points out that MLB game have long periods of inaction which many find boring. In my opinion, most of the high school baseball games that I have watched this year have moved along fast and have not had that many periods of inaction.

This is an interesting article. I was telling a friend of mine who is a big fan of Cleveland Indians baseball that I do not watch as much as professional baseball and that I find amateur baseball much more interesting. My sons played high school baseball so I found their games exciting to watch. Do others feel the same way? Do you find high school and amateur baseball more exciting to watch than professional baseball?

I have not watched an inning of MLB this season but a lot more college than before this early in the year.
Of course, HS has had the most of my interest at the moment.

I do much prefer Minor League baseball experience than going to MLB.

I just find the big leagues getting to be boring. There has been more strikeouts than hits a couple of times recently and that is just not exciting.

It has become almost exclusively a power game, on the mound and in the box and it is not as interesting as it used to be.

Maybe an Ohio High School baseball coach/teacher could implement an analytics program like they are doing at Cal Poly as as a way to integrate classroom STEM learning into the high school athletic program.

HS baseball is a snooze fest. MLB is worse. Minor Leagues and college ball I'll watch.