The Unclean Descend Upon Notre Dame

Pope Francis 1

It was a pleasure to be part of “the unclean” wearing red while at Notre Dame stadium on Saturday. Unshaven, beer drinking hicks such as myself had a great day taking over the pristine campus in South Bend.
Cincy red was everywhere. Cincy fans were in front of me, next to me and behind me. The net effect was that this big-time game felt like an away game for the Notre Dame team. The 20,000 or so Cincy fans (my estimate) made more noise than the home team fans at critical points in the game.
All in all, a glorious way to take in my first game at ND stadium. And by the way, that’s the most beautiful stadium (spotless, great concessions, easy to navigate, etc) I’ve ever been to!

And your experience at Notre Dame Stadium Saturday???

Last edited:

Not to high-jack, I was in the Toledo crowd. Easily 5000 which is impressive because many here are more ND than UToledo. And they were loud. So it REALLY impressed what I saw on TV. Excellent job Cinci! Credit to ND though. Campus was a fun tour, their traditions fun to watch. The people weren't turds (looking towards you Columbus).

You all have to admit, the view of TD Jesus from the visitors' seats is cool! We were there 9/11 so had the jets flying just above to boot. I think anywhere else would have put student section in the end to have that view so it felt special to have it as visitors. And those seats have the most leg room I think I've ever had in the nose bleeds.

Not to high-jack, I was in the Toledo crowd. Easily 5000 which is impressive because many here are more ND than UToledo. And they were loud. So it REALLY impressed what I saw on TV. Excellent job Cinci! Credit to ND though. Campus was a fun tour, their traditions fun to watch. The people weren't turds (looking towards you Columbus).

You all have to admit, the view of TD Jesus from the visitors' seats is cool! We were there 9/11 so had the jets flying just above to boot. I think anywhere else would have put student section in the end to have that view so it felt special to have it as visitors. And those seats have the most leg room I think I've ever had in the nose bleeds.
Yeah, South Bend to Toledo is not a long drive. I suspect Toledo has a pretty solid pocket of ND fans. Obviously there is a noticeable, arrogant group of Michigan fans there.

NDmust have issues selling tix. I've had offers for free tix to each game, sans the UC, through an organization I am a part of
Same here. A lot of colleges, including OSU and Michigan, are having trouble selling tickets…especially season tickets. They require booster club membership just for the privilege of buying overpriced tickets for too many bad games.

Same here. A lot of colleges, including OSU and Michigan, are having trouble selling tickets…especially season tickets. They require booster club membership just for the privilege of buying overpriced tickets for too many bad games.
IVe gotten notices for ND, Michigan, Ohio state, Mich st, Toledo for each he game for free tix.

I think after last year people started to realize they can live without going to sporting events

I think tickets are too expensive and now games are going on for 4 hours and people don't want to be there that long unless it's a big matchup