The PAC 7 and the NFL

Tre Tucker (Cincinatti Bearcats WR/ Return man and CVCA graduate) might have a shot at it next year. He had 426 yards receiving and averaged 25 yards per return. With the team's leading receiver Alec Pierce being taken by the Colts, Tucker has a shot to be the WR1 on a ranked team.

Justin Zwick, who played at Orville for 2 years before transferring to Massillon, was signed by Carolina out of OSU in 2007 but was cut a few weeks later. Orville was not in the PAC-7 at the time, so doesn't really count.

The PAC-7's newest member Canton South can claim cornerback Devon Torrence, who played with the Vikings in the 2011 preseason.

Tuslaw had Ryan Travis? as at least a preseason guy with the Seahawks. He may have ended up on a practice squad to at some point.
Manchester's coach Jay Brophy started in Super Bowl XIX for the Dolphins.

I know you are calling it the PAC-7, but alot of these schools could refer back to the All-Ohio League as well.

Tre Tucker (Cincinatti Bearcats WR/ Return man and CVCA graduate) might have a shot at it next year. He had 426 yards receiving and averaged 25 yards per return. With the team's leading receiver Alec Pierce being taken by the Colts, Tucker has a shot to be the WR1 on a ranked team.

Justin Zwick, who played at Orville for 2 years before transferring to Massillon, was signed by Carolina out of OSU in 2007 but was cut a few weeks later. Orville was not in the PAC-7 at the time, so doesn't really count.

The PAC-7's newest member Canton South can claim cornerback Devon Torrence, who played with the Vikings in the 2011 preseason.
Considering how many "small" burners have been getting picked the last few years, can't see how Tucker doesn't get his shot.

Fairless - Ted Provost. Safety at tOSU then played in NFL & CFL (late 60s/early 70s)
More recently, they have a kid who is actually designing shoe art for NFL players: (
)

Orrville- James Bradley back in the late 80's. He ran on US Track team for a few years and then went back to football (Michigan St) and got drafted.

Loudonville - they're not in the league any longer, but one of the original owners/architects (Charles Kettering) professional football (pre-NFL ) was from Loudonville.

That's the extent of what I know

I know East Canton is no longer in the PAC-7 but Mack Yoho played 4 seasons for Buffalo in the 60s and Alan Page was an East Canton kid who transferred to Canton Central Catholic in high school.

So, who do you all think is the greatest PAC 7 player of all time?
That's a loaded question and considering how down the league is now not likely to get much response as most of the hard core PAC posters aren't on here as much.

I'll play politician and not answer the question but say something else that's kinda related - there's very few small school leagues that have ever had a "Big 3" like the PAC did when Tucker (CVCA), Wright (Manchester), and Parks (Orrville) were all suiting up in 2017-19. Had they played at different times any of them would have been in the discussion for "greatest" but getting to watch them play against each other...wow.

I am biased but John Pettigrew is the best football player I have ever seen in the PAC. Holding him to under 200 yards and 3 TD's would be considered 'shutting him down" when he played. He was also outstanding on defense and probably would have been a State Champ in wrestling had he continued to wrestle in high school. He was the cheat code for CVCA back then.

So, who do you all think is the greatest PAC 7 player of all time?
We had a greatest CVCA player of all time conversation briefly in last year’s thread:

What about the other PAC schools? What say you, long-time PAC fans?

CVCA had Blake? Butler playing on the line when Culver was there. Went to Memphis (at least signed there). Dad was Keith Butler, who was coaching for the Browns at the time and went on to be the defensive coordinator for the Steelers.

Although Northwest wasn’t in the PAC at the time (mid to late 90’s). Shawn Lazuras started at the university of Michigan for 29 games. He later, signed with the Detroit Lions but never played in the NFL.