The official EBC Football Thread

Canfield would only want to join because they would never lose
Canfield is too strong for the EBC and NE8 but Howland would be middle of the pack most years. Actually, outside of distance would be a good fit. Niles and Howland added to the EBC would be good fit ( that would be 4 D3 teams in league) Louisville going to the NE8 would work because of bad feelings with Louisvillle and EBC schools would never change.

Canfield is too strong for the EBC and NE8 but Howland would be middle of the pack most years. Actually, outside of distance would be a good fit. Niles and Howland added to the EBC would be good fit ( that would be 4 D3 teams in league) Louisville going to the NE8 would work because of bad feelings with Louisvillle and EBC schools would never change.
Niles would never leave the NE8 for a couple reasons, mainly travel. Howland I could see joining because they have nowhere else to go, even tho there’s rumblings they’re gonna be in the NE8 when Jefferson leaves which makes the most sense. Howland doesn’t scare anyone anymore like they did 5 or so years ago

If Niles ever got people in charge who cared about the kids, sports and football again they would make a change. Don't get wrong, I think the NE8 is one of the better leagues, but leagues have a short life span. Look at the EBC, might be the shortest lifespan yet. Marlington, Alliance, Niles, Howland are all D3 with similar level of sport programs. Minerva and many of the NE8 schools are heading towards D5 level.

You are getting a quality coach that knows what he is doing and is a good man. He will be loved by his players and they will play their hearts out for him. His instinct offensively is to sling it if he can but he has had years where they played with a FB and TE and ran the ball almost as much Woody Hayes. He will adapt to his personnel and I’d be shocked if he wasn’t amazingly successful in Minster. Your Admin did a great job hiring him, he will be missed here in Alliance.

You are getting a quality coach that knows what he is doing and is a good man. He will be loved by his players and they will play their hearts out for him. His instinct offensively is to sling it if he can but he has had years where they played with a FB and TE and ran the ball almost as much Woody Hayes. He will adapt to his personnel and I’d be shocked if he wasn’t amazingly successful in Minster. Your Admin did a great job hiring him, he will be missed here in Alliance.
Sounds like an awesome hiring. Was interested to see him come to D6-D7 from D2-D3. Wonder what the interest was?

On a more serious note does anyone have any idea about possible candidates?

Dont think alliance could go wrong with bringing one of these guys in as head coach. All have been coordinators or asst. coach to Whiting at alliance

Aaron Hill
Mike Rossetti
Tarucie Scott
Zaid Abuteen
Jared Angelica
Matt Gulling

I also could see Chris Zurbrugg taking over as his son will be the starting QB

Anyone want to fill me in on what to expect from Coach Whiting?

Keep him his dad away from your daughter and you should be fine

So a new season is just around the corner! Who do you think will do well this year? Lets hear your predictions for this upcoming 2021 season!
Here is mine!
1. West Branch ...... They should continue being favorites of the league for now.
2. Carrollton ...... They have a lot of talent coming back. They will have a strong O-line, and talented skilled players on offense! Look to make a run at the league title! But my opinion may just be a bit bias, but will see!
3. Salem...... Salem is another team in my opinion could make a run at the league title! They always bring the fire power!
4. Marlington..... I think these guys are always tough. From out side looking in they have a good coaching staff that will have them ready.
5. Alliance..... A lot of this is has to do with what alliance does in the off season. They Certainly have the talent to be on top of the EBC.
6. Canton South ..... Truly not sure what to make of this team. Did not see them in action last year. But with the other teams in the league i believe this is a good spot.
7. Minerva....... I do not believe this will be the year with them bouncing back. Hope they get a few wins, they have good people and good kids!

*Top Tier*
Carrollton, Salem

*Mid Tier*
Alliance, West Branch

*Low Tier*
South, Marlington, Minerva

But this is High School football and tons can change as the season rolls on. Carrollton has a good group of kids but their system is prone to hitting snags and they aren't really built to play from behind which usually leads to one head scratcher a year. Salem is returning the most experienced team but have been very streaky in the last two years and will need to be more consistent to live up to their potential. Alliance is in a tough spot with the Whiting move but the athleticism on their roster is probably unmatched by league teams and that leads to wins. West Branch graduates a lot of really dynamic playmakers and looks to replace them with guys who haven't played much on Fridays yet, they seem like a team that's a year away from hitting that next level. South has a new coach and is down one of the best players in school history, enthusiasm is high though and they could surprise a few teams this year if they get meaningful production from their sophomores. Marlington over performed last year by most accounts, with a real off season I see that being harder to do this year than it was last year. Minerva is still trying to put it together, could be another forgettable season but should be able to be competitive in at least a handful of games.

I believe it will be a very balanced league with the top 6 teams. I look forward to the quarterback play. Unfortunately it appears the Minerva may take a step backwards after winning the last 2 games to close out the 2020 season. They will be losing a lot of seniors and it doeon't look like there are enough behind them to replace them, some sophmores and even freshmen will really have to step up. We are all hopiing that there is surge of kids getting back on the field but I am hearing it doesn't look good. Could very well be another 20 man roster in 2021.

Interested in how people think the EBC will do with their non- conference schedule this year? Alliance put together by far the most difficult OOC schedule and if they make the playoffs will be prepared. The other schools OOC seems a lot more manageable but don't have any information on a lot of the schools that are on their schedule.

The EBC is on it's deathbed, with South leaving, and Minerva is actively looking for an escape out of the EBC, if the Lions leave, it will be a five team league. The league cannot survive with having to schedule 6 OOC games a year, and there seems to be very little interest from other schools in joining the EBC. The remaining schools should be actively looking for an escape route, to find another league. I can't see the EBC schools swallowing their pride and letting Louisville back into the league. Marlington should be looking at the Metro Athletic, Alliance should be looking at Metro Athletic, or NE8, Salem and West Branch should be looking at NE8, and Carrollton is stuck in no mans land.